Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectRE: Second Round of Goodbyes!
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=107445&mesg_id=107510
107510, RE: Second Round of Goodbyes!
Posted by Illanthos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Oh man. You were certainly burning the candle at both ends. I wasn't sure whether Solec would be hitting agedeath or condeath, but I knew either way his end would be epic. I was really keen on taking you on a Tiamat hunt but the veil/cabal wars made that a tricky prospect, just as they limited our opportunities to sit down and chit chat. With a booming Village at peace with the Empire, and Fort keeping Scion shut down Village was on your balls 24/7.

Solec was in my mind a paragon of all that is gnomish, and did a lot to redeem the race from the brusque sociopathy that has taken hold of many gnomish PCs. I think it's absolutely fantastic that the deathliest gnomeshifter in the last 5 years is a double-defense non-cherrypicking non-air/offense scholar.

I thoroughly enjoyed our fights, which were a sort of tug of war between my healing and your dillo-disruption and damage output.

Thoughtful and deep, Solec inspired RP in those around him - a mark of great RP! There is a Solec shaped hole in Illanthos' heart. You will be missed!

GLWYN