Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [SCION] Kiraava Terrilin the Grand Master of Artistry, Advisor to the Chancellor
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=107382
107382, (DELETED) [SCION] Kiraava Terrilin the Grand Master of Artistry, Advisor to the Chancellor
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Mar 15 16:24:50 2012

At 11 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 10th of the Month of Nature
on the Theran calendar Kiraava perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:bard
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:211
107603, lolscion
Posted by Jolfyr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I've never been happier to not get in a cabal in my life, now that I have the benefit of hindsight. Reading some of the ooc crap I am reading on the boards about what is going on in the cabal just shows how much the MUD misses Eshval.

I generally liked Kiraava and suprisingly I tend to like your characters in general.
107392, I'm kind of curious about this one Imm comment by Baer in Kiraava's PBF.
Posted by DurNominator on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Mar 15 05:32:35 2012 by 'Baerinika' at level 51 (211 hrs):
I really dislike hearing, before I'm even done RP'ing with someone, that snippets of the conversation are floating around the dreaded AIM Dio's Toxic list about how unfair it is.

I'm curious what this comment is about and what is "AIM Dio's Toxic list"? There's a fairly lengthy thread in Dio's speculating what the comment means, but I don't think anyone has quite understood what exactly it is about.
107394, I absolutely am too.
Posted by TripHitNdip on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Considering I never pasted or spoke to one person about the Mergulla/Reksah Induction party. Or anything else with you at all for that matter.

And even if I did, you are seriously talking to players on AIM to the point that you'd claim to be getting updates even while you are doing the RP with me?

This is mind-boggling and an outright lie, and you know it, and I'm offended that you'd try to put something on my IMM comments like this to make me look back without ANY searching whatsoever if it's true. Was this not supposed to be a public comment, or what?
107395, RE: I absolutely am too.
Posted by Reksah on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was getting tells while I was visible with bits of OOC conversation with commentary mixed with things I had said over CB about how unfair it was for you that I was coming down hard on you.

I told Mergulla about this. We discussed whether we should make a big deal about it but decided against it. (She added that PBF comment after you had already deleted.) That said, I think it is very unlikely that you weren't involved in discussing it OOC while it was going on due to the circumstances.
107398, Just a thought.... Could a Conji have been using Clairaudience?
Posted by Alston on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And then leaked that out via the afore mentioned toxic aim?
107399, Scion number limits
Posted by Gaplemo on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This is totally a side note, but it sounds to me like this whole issue might have steamed up somehow from Scion and it's extremely low limit member cap. This makes the cabal extremely competitive to get in, and it makes leaders want to be a lot more selective who they have in the cabal and how it's assembled. It's going to lead to new leadership wanting to do house cleaning every time. Now I understand not wanting everyone to have a Scion alt, or the cabal to be "in power" number wise like fortress or empire is. I'm not even sure what the hard cap for scion even is exactly (9 members, 10 tops? Someone could clarify here)

That all being said would it be so bad to up the limit of the cabal by 3 or 4 members? I don't think it would break the mud and it might take some of the stress off of the leaders to be SO selective. Keep in mind, with a 9 man cabal if one person only logs once a weekish, and 2 only play a couple times a week, the cabal suffers greatly. I think a couple more members would give a cush for the "real life" aspect of things where it's reasonable to think like every other cabal, some members will be more active than others.

Just my own personal thoughts on how to up things a bit.
107405, RE: Scion number limits
I've been thinking about this, but I'm still happy with the current 10 member cap. I keep a very close eye on activity, especially when it gets near the cap, and boot people if they are inactive.

If someone is a good member of the cabal but low on activity and not playing another character, I have made exceptions to the cap to keep them in.

I, admittedly, micromanage many aspects of this cabal in comparison to other cabals and other immortals.

One of the things that I enjoy is that this cap makes it difficult for people to roll up a perma for Scion, which would quickly lead to people complaining about the cabal being too powerful. As well, many people really enjoy the feeling of playing in an underdog cabal against practically the entire rest of the world.

I will keep thinking about it and if the metagame shifts such that I don't think adding a few numbers to the cap will alter it too much I may do so. Consider how the game would have been with Zynzyn as a lich Advisor, Rindros the Chancellor, and another 12 scions regularly logging in with them. Would there have been bitching? Certainly.
107411, This sounds totally fair.
Posted by Gaplemo on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks for your response.
107403, RE: I absolutely am too.
>>> I was getting tells while I was visible with bits of OOC
>>> conversation with commentary mixed with things I had said over CB >>> about how unfair it was for you that I was coming down hard on you.

I honestly don't even know how to respond to this. I find it crazy that multiple players would go and tell on me IC to you about alleged things I'm saying OOC when my AIM was closed out that entire day and I was even ignoring my best friend.

>>> I told Mergulla about this. We discussed whether we should make a >>> big deal about it but decided against it. (She added that PBF
>>> comment after you had already deleted.) That said, I think it is
>>> very unlikely that you weren't involved in discussing it OOC while >>> it was going on due to the circumstances.

I don't really care either way, but you are saying you are *speculating* that I was OOC talking to people, that's not right. There is no way you can come up with logs or people to come forward and validate it because it didn't happen, and it didn't warrant a PBF comment. And secondly, Baerinika's comment on my PBF doesn't match what you are saying with an additional comment stating I'm part of an AIM Dio's "Toxic" list.

The only people I ever talk to about CF on my AIM are NbM, Neltouda (rarely), and Gaplemo.
107406, RE: I absolutely am too.
The stuff being pasted to me could have only been from two characters. One of them (you) had reason to be upset and complain.

Yes, I am *speculating* that you were talking OOC to people. Someone could have gone to great lengths to try and make you look bad with no benefit to themselves, and that is one of the reasons why no actions were taken against your character that weren't already deserved for you being a poor Scion leader.
107396, RE: I absolutely am too.
Posted by Malakhi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hey, since Reksah took time out of his day to answer your question re: a pbf comment added after you deleted, why don't you pay it forward and explain to the guy below why you uninducted his character.
107404, ....
I told him IC already. So sorry.
107424, He answered to the question in Dio's.
Posted by DurNominator on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
http://www.qhcf.net/phorum/read.php?2,926037,926160#msg-926160

While this kind of reasoning is understandable in it's own way, I will opt out from playing Scion if the leaders are allowed to boot people with this kind of reasoning. I think that otherwise solid people shouldn't be booted from the cabal based on just inactivity. There is always autodelete to handle too inactive people and the cabal member caps can be adjusted to account for inactivity of some members.
107444, RE: He answered to the question in Dio's.
Posted by ORB on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Considering the extremely limited number of spots, autodelete doesn't cut it for Scion. That said I think Vlad getting kicked was kind of ridiculous.
107410, Sad to see you go.
Posted by Zameida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had tons of fun interacting, PKing and exploring with you. The funny part is that what someone could have seen as "whining" from you, I saw as RPing out your role. (At least I think you role was to be tragic and at the brink of suicide)

The whole ordeal with Feketehalal was sad. I've realized that my view of active is currently quite skewed, as I have so much time for CF right now that it's ridicilus I basically see everyone but myself as active. So my advice regarding Feke wasn't very accurate perhaps.
(So, I huge I'm sorry to Vlad if my opinion weighted into said booting.)

But if there were someone to be booted from the Chasm, it was either him or 2 others in my book. (But I won't delve deeper into this due to active char and all.)

Anyway, great char! Tons of fun! I'll post more on my own death thread when that happens.
107388, Seriously? You torpedo my character, like some heat-seeking-douchepedo, then delete less than 24 hours later?
Posted by Vladamir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
After the hissy fit you and another unnamed (as they are still active) Scion threw right after I was inducted, I knew I was going to have problems with you. You're both lucky that Rindros is a softer touch than I would have been as Chancellor, because if my underlings in an evil cabal spoke to me the way you two went off on him, I'd have booted you both on the spot. (No slight to Rindros/Artificial. His char/RP were awesome. I would have just handled it differently as leader)

Then when I saw you were made Advisor, I knew something douchetastic was going to happen. I fully expected to be made to kiss a LOT of ass to keep my position, but to get the boot for absolutely no reason other than the fact that you could was just crap.

The fact that you ####ed my character over then deleted a day later is really just the turd cherry on top of the #### sundae that was having to deal with you.

Edited to include my condolences over your loss, your deletion makes a lot more sense now. I'm still pissed about the uninduct though. :P
107389, If I hadn't deleted, hed be booted for uninducting you. nt
Posted by Artificial on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
107426, Heh
Posted by fist-law on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Let me know how it works out for ya next time you are Chancellor and try to boot the Advisor.

:P
107431, In this case, it would have worked fine. nt
Posted by Artificial on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
107387, Gutted to see this, I really liked Kiraava. ~
Posted by Abernyte on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
~
107383, WTF!? Now who'm I gonna gank people with?
Posted by Muzgash on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ouch, that hurts for Scions. Seriously, wtf happened? You seemed to be enjoying yourself.