Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AUTO) [None] Scree Palewind the Weaver of the Elements
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=106812
106812, (AUTO) [None] Scree Palewind the Weaver of the Elements
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Feb 29 10:20:33 2012

At 10 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 1st of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Scree perished, never to return.
Race:arial
Class:invoker
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:278
107606, RE: (AUTO) [None] Scree Palewind the Weaver of the Elements
Posted by scree on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
late post so won't be surprised if no one respond.

Overall I loved this character. Didn't expect to get into scion since when I made her the spots seemed full but when the chance presented itself I jumped at it.

Tried to keep things in game and classy with foes for the most part (at least ones that Scree considered to be worthy foes) but the player has a weakness for nice eq and it might have gotten in the way a few times though I don't remember specifics. That last death was a bummer but I fully intended to roll with it after a little time(def not the first time fortgang mowed me down either from bad luck or my own miscalculations and I lost a bunch of things). Real life handed me *HARD* b8tch slap though so had to let Scree go even though I had lots planed for her. Oh well

A few goodbyes off the top of my head

Mauz - class act, scion invoker enjoys much advantage over assassins in general but was still overconfident a few times which lead to bad ends for me (escpecially true with assorted fort assassins that). Still enjoyed every interaction from the first time I escaped a sneak attack while ranking to the last

Wood-elf village bard (Sal---?) - very competent and level headed, enjoyed our fights

Various village birds - sorry for the grief, tried to mix it up and stick around longer than smart to give you a chance. hope it was fun

Fortress - oye, when you all get on at once, it gets hard for a working girl to make a living. fun fights for the most part though even though things got frustrating a few times. nuff said

outlanders - a pleasure to cross swords (and leave a few corpses)

tribunals - never intended to hunt you as much, still sometimes just got bored. hope it wasn't too brutal

allies: scion makes for a lonely life so I appreciated whenever someone I could wreck thera logged on (so much that I think it negatively affected rp at times but no regrets there really). shout-outs to Zynzyn, Quilon, and Krunk especially who matched my playtimes almost perfectly and who made the experience so much more enjoyable for their presence. so thanks!

will be back when life stops being a bitch I guess
107631, Scree was pretty cool.
Posted by Salyeris on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We fought a lot and generally I always found it interesting, though without the head you would slaughter me. :)

You had me guessing you would be a scion leader in no time, sorry it didn't work out and I'll look forward to seeing another when you get the time to come back.
107642, Oh, man I felt bad about that last death of yours.
Posted by Mauz on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I thought you got mad because Foratha took your nice stuff and some Blade took everything else.

I felt extremely crappy to have had a hand in what I perceived to be your rage-auto-deletion, and though it sucks that you've had real-life issues that prevented you from getting back into Scree, I'm glad I was wrong.

I was also certain that you could have killed 90% of the MUD in outfit gear.

You were deadly and classy, which is just about the best one can expect from a Scion Invoker.

Come back soon.
106825, PoS moves detract from what appeared to be a competant and good foe.
Posted by Abernyte on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I would have thought that a scion that scavanges off corpses they had someone else locate were a bit pitiful and not exactly fitting with Thera's most feared and revered.

It was a #### move that soured me to the character completely, especially given that you could never kill me or I you. I guess the pull of the troll amulet was too much.

106894, Well, if it feels better, I found his corpse at the Maran and looted...
Posted by Amberion on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
... a certain nice six-headed snake whip and some other shinies as Foratha. (After that he didn't show up, and autoed.)

For which I'm sorry about, because Scree seemed like an awesome character from my POV.
106813, We Clicked
Posted by Quinlon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We ran around a tiny bit before my induction but once I was in Scion I felt that we fit together like a hand in a glove. very very little need to communicate also very little grouping. If we happened upon each other already engaged in combat we just jumped right in and worked together as a team. In general I don't do so well working with others but man was it really cool to have someone else on the same page as me.

You also were the most efficient voker at landing kills that I have seen first hand in my career.
106814, Same here...
Posted by KrunkTheOrc on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm inclined to believe this was because Scree's player was so much better than you or I that he made working with us work*, as opposed to just clicking, but it was certainly nice to have him around. Krunk has been missing him some Scree, that is for sure.

* Not meant to be a knock on you, just after reading this and thinking the same thing I thought... You know, maybe it isn't that Scree and Krunk clicked, but that Scree made it work when lesser skilled players would have died horribly or missed the kill or whatever...