Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Nunakon the Master Thief
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=106680
106680, (DELETED) [None] Nunakon the Master Thief
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Feb 26 17:45:10 2012

At 3 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 28th of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Nunakon perished, never to return.
Race:gnome
Class:thief
Level:38
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:76
106682, Goodbye sweet Nunakon
Posted by enyuu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was planning on playing a character right through to con death, but I couldn't get a grasp on this character's RP.

My first mistake was creating a character who was going to be cabaless, as I didn't have a clue as to what my RP angle was going to be. I figured I'd be as thief-like as possible, and flesh something out from there as I went.

My first thought was to play a pawn for Vall's needs before he became marshal of the fort and was just the godfather, but before I could do that he got a promotion. I spoke to him about it and he told me he couldn't be both godfather and marshal at once, so I decided to get some coin together and run for godfather. I wrote up a role, got the 500 gold together and called a vote only to find I was running against Vall, even though I thought he wasn't able to be godfather anymore.

I spoke to Vall and he said "He hadn't decided yet" who he was going to vote for, so I figured he was just deliberately buffering me from the position. No bigs, but heres where it got strange

One of the fortress IMMs told me that Vall was still technically godfather, and that he just didnt have the title anymore because the name would be too long? He told me the other guild members would have to "just know" he was godfather even though the position was empty on the leaders command.

So here I was with an open vote in the guild against the current godfather due to some game mechanics technicality which was forcing me into a situation that was completely against my RP. I couldn't get two words in with Vall who would generally ignored my tells (which I understand as I was a lowly thiefling, and didnt share any of his fortress stuff with him).

I decided to just stick it out for a while and see what happens. I ranked up a bit, played around with some poisons, and caused a small bit of trouble. But alas, I ate a few good deaths at the end there and had way more allies than I had people to fight.

So that was that. Thanks for all the good times from those I traveled with. Most people just used me as some extra damage for ranking when they couldn't find anyone more interesting, but I still had fun. This was my first character in a few years but I think I'll roll up another right away and get back at er.

106683, Awww chucks
Posted by Malraech on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Like the few times you were about! At first, I remembered that there was a thief in the past in Battle called Nunakon

<39 Svirf Thi> Nunakon the Lord of the Underworld (Only proof I have since it wasn't easy to see!)

But then, I said 'Oh well' and decided to get to know you. Wished I could have brought you more and helped you grow a bit! Could have been fun!

GLWYN!
106684, RE: Goodbye sweet Nunakon
Posted by wareagle on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm assuming something here about thief guild leadership, but it makes sense to me so here:

1) If there are just two people voting, and they vote for themselves, then I'm assuming whoever has the higher donations will be it.

2) I understand the possible mechanics behind what Fort Imm said, but I still think it rallies back to point 1.

Another RP solution in the future is to hire/solicit another thief to join that Guild, then call a vote where you -could- get the majority(2/3).
106687, I think you're right here on both fronts
but it wasn't really in my RP to forcefully take over the guild, and I'm pretty sure the fort IMM was telling me to just back the #### off.
106685, You were fun and Drozag didnt trust you.
Posted by Drozag on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It is just something about him. He liked thieves just didnt trust anyone of them. I wish you luck with your next. Just try to have a plan and have ways for your character to grow. Oh and if your going to try a poisoner for the first time caballess can be good and bad. mostly bad.
106686, Yeah it was my first time
Poisons weren't too hard to learn though, and being a gnome I didn't have to spam practice too much. I was a little sad you couldn't apply emetic poison in any direct way. With mind control I suppose you could suggest wear emetic-poisoned-item. Had my knock-out poison fairly close to 100, and my inhaled at 92 I think so that wasn't a problem. Fear was easy to apply when they're sleeping, and neuro poison I always put on my weapons.