Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Qush the Legend of the Battlefield
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=106645
106645, (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Qush the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri Feb 24 15:41:26 2012

At 2 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 23rd of the Month of the Heat
on the Theran calendar Qush perished, never to return.
Race:arial
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:115
106655, RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Qush the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Qush on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This was my 2nd hero warrior, 2nd Villager, My first was svirf/warrior/defender which I was awfully weak with so I didn't play with him more. The built was same as my first char I ever played on CF two years ago. Those days I learned many things about the map of Thera, but had almost lost 7 cons before rank 25.
With Qush things were different. Without any role, it was supposed to show me how good I can make a char with same built as my first ever one. It showed to me not bad, although I suck in PK too much (Many battles go on my way, but at end the foe is fleeing and I can't catch them. But those battles going against me, I won't be able to run effectively).

Built: Never thought that spear is so wonderful on arials. Two cons to death, Qush had almost mastered all the hands/spears technics he knew (impale,spin,iron hands,stun,pummel,crushing blow,brawling,kick,knee,elbow). It's a good combination for a newbie. I had no tactic at all before Atracius talks to me. simple vital,stun,impale tactic was very useful after the talk and I could almost force anyone to run (again lack of my skills to seal a kill). Thanks to Garm to defeat Qush in the frozen wastelands after a series of long battles. It resulted in Atracius teaching Qush the simple tactic above. I thought with an arial incarnadine would be very handy, seemed not! I expected to lag at least once every two or three rounds, with my spear/staff, which almost never happened. but it went well enough for the hands. souls was a very good addition to Qush as it changed his HP from 810 to 1010 (25% boost in all situations). Qush had all the healing edges, but it wasn't as good as I expected.

Village: The applicant tag I had for so long and still learning with the built, I almost lost about 10 cons (huge amount for an arial I'd say). I was not to run as the mini-role/sphere of Qush was courage and I liked to mix it with madness (what else you can do when you are not a good runner?), and I guess because of it, not my PK ability or toughness, I got a hut. I know that many other villagers thought I'm a little fool or weak, but anyway I'm still semi-newbie if not just a newb!
Commander: my svirf/defender mostly had no other villager about him, so I didn't know very well about the village traditions. Qush was trying his best to deserve his hut. Thanks for your helps and guidance. You know how to lead a cabal!
Others: Sorry that I don't name you, but you all are very more skilled than me, thanks all for any help and sorry if I couldn't perform as you expected.
Drillmaster: Your notes about the village abilities helped me a lot. I wish you had written them sooner and for all the powers. keep it up!

Empire: I liked those days of war, you were very tough for Qush applicant, but got much better when he learned to resist. I thought Qush is useless and weak, but the day I fought the imperial minotaur in the arena, I found out that the built is working somehow. Before the day, I had had some good fights in my side, but I still thought that the foes are doing something wrong and Qush is not any good at all. The day of the arena proved other things.

Dragons: this form is a little over powered? I could critical hits almost about ***DEMOLISHED***, but lower their HP at all it seemed.

Invokers: You still have lots to impress me. my last con went to the nexus invoker. I didn't think that immolation will do what it did. I had not enough time to run from isle to village (which I can do so very fast even blind) with about 400 hp! and died on eastern. Was I not supposed to evade almost your every spell?

Bards: You can change the result of a battle very fast. Qush is scratched and you are gushing, but with two songs it changes to be convulsing on Qush. The built was any good against you?

others: I tried not to bring names here as 1st I don't remember names (but I remember your chars and our interactions all) and 2nd don't like to make this post any longer. post and I will say more ;)

last: I've played nexus, fortress and village and liked all. as I know not enough about preps, and I'm not the type to do so anyway, I guess I might return to the village very soon. just let me try some other cabals first? :D
106659, Great work
Posted by Oldril on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Also hats off to Atracius for putting in work it sounds like helping out. This whole post makes me smile, good luck with your next!
106660, I am very proud of you
Posted by Atracius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
For starters, you con died! I think its great that you lost a lot of con but kept on trucking and made it up to hero. You probably won't realize it right now, but on your next couple of characters you'll notice how much better you are at fighting at hero range, it really is a completely different dynamic.

Secondly, what made me want to teach you was your willingness to learn. You were never stubborn, you took deaths and defeat in stride and you kicked butt when things went your way. When someone is willing to listen to someone else and try other tactics, it really means they are able to learn and adapt and I think that is an incredibly big part of Battle and CF.

I am glad you are learning the PK aspect of it. Pretty soon you'll be putting me to shame if you keep on improving at this rate!

GLWYN
106666, RE: I am very proud of you
I really thought your char (maybe the player too) don't like Qush (and maybe myself). But I strongly considered all you said about/to me as I thought it all will strengthen me.

And yes, I am learning PK I'd say. I had a paladin before and had about three PK wins I guess. With Qush it should be something about 10, and paladins are much easier than warrior villagers, I guess.

Keep up all the good works and thanks for the comments. reading all these, I'm more confident and will try much more in the future.
106661, My biggest rival
Posted by Khailen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Liked your char. We started off working together and ended up going different cabals. Enjoyed the interactions with you. Didnt know you were burning through con like that, but I do remember you fighting alot so I guess it all makes sense.

GLWYN
106667, RE: My biggest rival
I missed you when you left. not just because I always expect to defeat you, but also because I liked your char. but it's very hard to play a gnome warrior, I'd say (well I really don't know much about it, but it's the way it looks). Once you defeated me and it all surprised me very much, but still it should be near impossible for a gnome warrior to defeat an arial/hand/staff villager.
106662, I figured this was comming.
Posted by Neither friend or enemy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Were these deaths mob deaths? You were ranking in dangerous places when ever I saw you.

Did the spiders feast off your corpses or what? :)
106668, RE: I figured this was comming.
about 30% of the deaths were mob ones. I had crappy connection when Qush was applicant. it once Qush went to void after some minutes of disconnection convulsing in front of the giant (not that I saw, but I heard). anyway I mostly had huge lags while fleeing and running to safely. it was same thing that happened in most of mob dies too. and I guess once it was spiders that did it! :D

My connection got much better as Qush got his hut! but again it happened every now and then and resulted about 3 more mob deaths totally.
106664, Loved me some Qush
Posted by Dugruon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The green meets the green. One farm boy and one arial headed to war, battles and victory!

Really liked your irrepressible attitude but did despair sometimes at your occasional cb comment that would land you in trouble. I am glad you got to hero before you died as I was around a lot as you were an applicant and you left corpses everywhere! Just a shame I wasn't about for your last death to say goodbye.

GLWYN and keep your awesome attitude!

Oh and sorry for the failed Sitran rescue but all hell broke lose at the village as nexus and empire raided with a little pass interference from fortress on eastern!
106669, RE: Loved me some Qush
Dugruon helped Qush very much, maybe more than he could imagine. Not just helping few ranks, but much more. Mostly you tried to have my back in many situations.

That day in Sitran, Qush could run out alone fairly easily, but I learned it through the death. That was my last real mob death and I learned a last but very important lesson to save myself and run out from dangerous mobs. (I had two more mobs death after that, but both were through disconnections).

It's very hard to con die this fast, as sometimes you'd say "what the hell, just delete"! or "I will be much more careful next time, and won't risk it at all". but I always tried to keep the attitude as I was learning very much through it. I try to keep it in my next few chars too, it teaches you very much.

Thanks and thanks again for all the help you had always available for Qush.

edit:
The first day Qush got his hut, as there were three applicants who were together those days (Qush, Quelyn and Frost giant), and I thought Qush was the weakest, I wanted to do something for Quelyn who didn't get his hut. Before sending a recommendation, I asked commander if I can do so, and she approved. But after sending it and angering Atracius (I guess it could turn to a in-cabal war!) I found out that maybe she misunderstood me.
there were more situations that I made wrong or bad CB comments, but mostly it was because I misinterpreted what was said on the channel (I'm no native english and it happens time to time in my real life too!).
Anyway I hope I have not made much trouble saying things I should have not said.
106671, You'll always remember con-dying your first villager.
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Good job, though we never ever fought.
106654, Woa... What?
Posted by Alvorax on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
How.. I had no idea you were going through con so fast. That is insane. I thought I was eating mine up.

Well we didn't travel to much but the interactions we had, I liked. Come on back soon.
106656, RE: Woa... What?
I had about 8 cons at rank 40. Applicant tag is not what you like. next time I should sit at rank 15 and get inside first, then continue ranking! :D

Alvorax always seemed tough in my eyes and Qush liked him although they didn't have much interaction either.
106650, Tough bastard
Posted by Garm on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were probably the toughest villager I fought, in that
you almost destroyed me dressed in snow worm gear whilst
I prepped heavily to face you. Those spellbanes and critical
hits => nasty as hell.
106657, RE: Tough bastard
Qush had no tactic at all till the day Garm defeated him in front of Atracius. It seems that the old veteran was forced to teach some very simple tactics about spear/hand to Qush, which helped very much in the next battles. Garm was the second ranger Qush fight in his life and the first nexus one didn't have much chances to do it in wilderness. Rangers are painful out there!
106647, Damn, I'm sad about this one.
Posted by Kiraava on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were a great character, always ready to throw down, and you were extremely tough for me to fight with that spear.

I was thinking we'd have a lot more future fights to look forward to, but that Applicant tag is obviously a bitch for as long as you had to deal with it and no Commander.

Good luck on your next, the player behind this one was a good person for the game.

-=- Kiraava Terrilin -=-
106658, RE: Damn, I'm sad about this one.
Kiraava was one of my favorites. Not sure if I ever could defeat you, but challenging and determined and visible to Qush's eyes! I really liked to fight you more and more.