Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [HERALD] Nreykre Frealle-Revre the Steward of Yesteryear, Sapient Conservator
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=106594
106594, (DELETED) [HERALD] Nreykre Frealle-Revre the Steward of Yesteryear, Sapient Conservator
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Feb 23 10:37:32 2012

At 10 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 16th of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Nreykre perished, never to return.
Race:felar
Class:shapeshifter
Level:52
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:HERALD, the Heralds of the Eternal Star
Hours:1969
106617, RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Nreykre Frealle-Revre the Steward of Yesteryear, Sapient Conservator
Posted by Onard on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm in shock. In absolute shock. Without giving away too much, I've interacted with you quite a bit when you were still a mortal and always enjoyed your scholastic attitude towards the game and the Heralds. This is a big loss, IMHO. I, for one, was confident that we were going to see Nreykre graduate from Heroimm.

GLWYN (and I'm sure there will be a next)!
106604, RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Nreykre Frealle-Revre the Stewar...
Posted by Nreykre on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
First I suppose I will say that apologies are in order. To everyone whose time I wasted by deleting (especially Scarabaeus and Daevryn), I'm sorry for that.

Ultimately, this comes down to the realization that had I gotten much closer to having a religion and being more of an approachable presence in the game I would have been doing so with only a half measure of motivation and effort, which isn't fair to anyone.

I would also offer a big thank you to Thror and Nnaeshuk for running the marketing efforts, which let me contribute to the game in a small way before I became a heroimm and helped me decide that becoming a heroimm was something I wanted to try.

Herald: Sorry I was such a deadbeat on the cabal front. I've got a couple plausible sounding excuses, but in the end my personality just didn't jive with Herald enough to breath life into Nreykre for almost 2,000 hours. Luckily you have two incredibly dedicated Immortals who bring a hell of a lot to the cabal.

My advice to the player base: Think very, very hard about the things you say to and about the people who run this game. It's not perfect in front of nor behind the curtain, but the time and effort given by them for your benefit is astounding, and so the next time you move to complain ask yourself if you've really earned the right.

While I'm almost positive I'll fully regret this decision soon, I'm happy to have a few small pieces of my work scattered throughout the game for the players to enjoy. That by itself is pretty damn cool.
106605, RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Nreykre Frealle-Revre the Stewar...
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Huh. I'm sorry to see that.

Thanks for helping out with the stuff you did while you did. I didn't always make enough time for my end of it but it's appreciated.
106620, RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Nreykre Frealle-Revre the Stewar...
You weren't around much that a wee heroimm like I could see, but when you were it was easy and fun working with you. Thanks for the schooling.

106621, RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Nreykre Frealle-Revre the Stewar...
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
De nada! I'd be happy to give it another go someday should you ever change your mind. You're out on good terms in my book, if it at all matters to you.
106606, Boo!!!
Posted by Balta on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We used to talk alot when I was a heroimm, it was quite
enjoyable and I thought for sure you would make it!

106608, We're zero for three. What a terrible crop, eh? (n/t)
nt
106610, Yeah we suck..
Posted by Balta on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But they gave me the heroimm curse for my
project *wink*
106607, le sigh
Posted by Whiysdan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This makes me very, very, very sad. I really don't know what else to say. This sucks.

=w=
106611, RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Nreykre Frealle-Revre the Stewar...
Posted by Malakhi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
What a surprise. You had a great can do attitude. And although I have no basis for saying this, I imagine you would not have been "forced" to run a religion.. Anyway thanks for helping to make the magic happen for a lot of people.
106630, Good luck with the religion! What little I've seen of Eil Shaeria has been pretty cool so far. (n/t)
nt
106612, RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Nreykre Frealle-Revre the Stewar...
Posted by Odrallag on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Bummer. Now who am I going to get to do all the progs for my area...? Enjoyed the chats, thanks a bunch for everything you did. You'll be missed. But I'm sure we'll see you in the fields, so, GLWYN.
106631, Do big things! Someone has to pull through one of these days... (n/t)
nt
106613, :(
Posted by Scarabaeus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Dude. Really?
106615, RE: :(
You're amazing. Again, thanks for taking the time to let me put my grubby n00b paws on your your project and helping me do stuff that took twice as long just because I was doing it instead of you.

CF has some very magical days ahead of it because of the things you create.

Sorry to disappoint.
106616, RE: :(
Posted by Scarabaeus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, I'm just sorry it didn't work out.
106614, RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Nreykre Frealle-Revre the Stewar...
Posted by Reksah on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's too bad things never got to a point where you could be happy enough doing the things you like to do in a way that worked out better.

I really appreciate your help on various things and hope you'll be able to enjoy the game now as a mortal again!
106618, Aside from the skills you brought to the table that will be missed...
Posted by Twist on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
...which have been covered by numerous others, I will simply say that you have a refreshing take on many things CF-related, and I will miss that.

Good luck with whatever comes next (another quality mortal, I hope?)

106619, Thanks Twist. (n/t)
nt
106627, Oh my...
Posted by Cyradia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm disappointed, shocked, and sad. I thought you had serious long-haul staff member chops.

I hope you'll consider Daev's offer if you have regrets.
106641, RE: Oh my...
Posted by Zulghinlour on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>I'm disappointed, shocked, and sad. I thought you had serious
>long-haul staff member chops.
>
>I hope you'll consider Daev's offer if you have regrets.

I agree on all points, thanks for everything you did!
106642, RE: Oh my...
That means a lot coming from both of you, so thanks.

And thanks for putting up with my many requests for this and that.
106635, RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Nreykre Frealle-Revre the Stewar...
Posted by HammerSong on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This hurts somewhere in the lower loincloth region. Seriously? On me birthday!?

I have nothing but fond admiration of you. I hope you consider coming back when the inspiration and motivation hit you. You contributed so much as a lower tiered immortal and that only meant big things as you progressed as an immortal.

Thanks for everything you've done and please keep in touch. Get some social media in your life imo!

106640, RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Nreykre Frealle-Revre the Stewar...
Happy Birthday! (Belated now I guess)

And thanks for the words. You're the man.
106599, Wow? This is a surprise.
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Seemed to be doing so well.
106601, No doubt ROTD'ed for a description violation. =) n/t
Posted by Alston on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
evffvas
106603, Best pro post ever
Posted by Oldril on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
ssia