Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Mrekya Bloodpaws the Warden of the Winds, Nightreaver of Thar-Eris
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=106497
106497, (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Mrekya Bloodpaws the Warden of the Winds, Nightreaver of Thar-Eris
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Feb 20 13:18:20 2012

At 2 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 22nd of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Mrekya perished, never to return.
Race:felar
Class:ranger
Level:45
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:130
106512, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Mrekya Bloodpaws the Warden of the Winds, Nightreaver of Thar-Eris
Posted by Mrekya on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
My reading week is over and work is starting to pile up. I decided I would rather delete than fade away as a nightreaver. Also, this was my first ranger, first leader. Well, first for alot of things and it taught me alot of stuff and it was really fun. But I think I am more suited to be a warrior heh. Its more fun to go into town and throwdown with people rather than wait around.

Sorry Drogg I'm a n00b. You should've waited around/killed me a few. I didn't take that long to rank into hero range. I tried my best to get to a level where I can properly raid and #### because I know it sucks to have a lowbie leader.

I'd like to thank Jasthrean for giving me the shot at nightreaver, sorry I had to go so soon. I'll be back once time permits. Outlander rocks!

And Krunk, you're beastly, even in the god damned wilds. I regret not stacking every single protection I had when I fought you. =P
106514, Sad to see..
Posted by Nivaen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I thought you were doing well as reaver..
Probably could have made the totem had you
stuck it out. And glad I could make you laugh
over CB :)

glwyn
106520, I enjoyed Mrekya being around
Posted by Ruch on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We didn't do a lot of hanging around together but I though Mrekya did just fine as Nightreaver. It's hard to have a big target hung on you before Hero range (been there done that) and you looked to survive the experience just fine.

Ranger raiding is always a challenge because you lose most of your advantages as soon as you move into the cities. Prep out the wazoo is the only real answer and even then it's not as easy as say a bard or a druid.

Good luck with the next.
106526, RE: I enjoyed Mrekya being around
Ruch was awesome. I remember the first time you did an unspeak ambush in front of me I was like hell yeah I'm going to do that soon. I didn't hang around most people because Mrekya really didn't like male characters alot. Hehe. Only one I hung out with was probably Barhzbree and oddly enough, Ceje.
106522, Why accept leader spot then?
Posted by Dallevian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I have no horse in this race. But. It doesn't make a lot of sense to know 'reading week' will soon end and you can't/won't play. So why take the leader spot?

Granted, I would have, at least to make my cabal a bit stronger for that interim, but then again my perspective of cabal leadership isn't the same as most (more hardcore) players and imms.
106524, RE: Why accept leader spot then?
That was my bad. I'm sorry.
106529, Awesome post
Posted by Oldril on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Seriously as a player my hat is off to you for saying this.

I need to say it more as a player I suspect also.

Kudos to you, sir.
106525, No hate
Posted by Drogganar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Actually, I didn't hate you nor have any negative feelings toward you. Maybe it sounded like I blame you, but I was refering to the imms (and knowing Scarab/Cyradia, I think I shouldn't blame them too, though they could at least give me the chance to solve/fail this situation).

You've been just yet another faceless felar from what I've seen - but we didn't interract much, so likely I'm being subjective here.

I've deleted when I've realised that I won't become leader anywhere ever, and it has nothing to do with you becoming nightreaver. Sorry if I offended you by that farewell note.
106539, Liked Ya
Posted by Yindathos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Was I surprised you were made Nightreaver? Sure. But you seemed like an interesting character, and definitely had some guts. Wished you would have stayed longer!
106542, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Mrekya Bloodpaws the Warden of the Winds, Nightreaver of Thar-Eris
Posted by Onya on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wish we had more time to roll together. It seemed like our playtimes didn't match up much because I can only remember seeing you once, and apparantly you played alot. Oh well. Come back to the tree!!! We could always use more reavers *grin*. GLWYN.
106511, For what it is worth, I liked you...
Posted by KrunkTheOrc on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Even if you did kill Krunk solo. The fact that you made the wilds even mildly frightening added a new layer of paranoia for me and you seemed to play the evil outlander well from what I could see.

Too bad about all the hate. Good luck with your next.
106502, That sucks! But at least you didn't auto.
Posted by Amberion on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Why the delete? I thought you were awesome!
106501, Definitely the best nightreaver
Posted by Drogganar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thats what you get for inducting someone straight to the leader's position. Sad story, another poor choice. Yeah, I blame you.
106503, RE: Definitely the best nightreaver
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Without knowing a lot about Mrekya, I felt bad for them over all the envy and hate this character drew from people who thought they or one of their friends should have been Nightreaver instead.

It just all seems so petulant and childish to me. If you think you're a better leader candidate, wrangle the Ancients and make your case. Don't bitch on a forum and hate on someone who probably didn't even ask to be leader.
106506, Seconded
Posted by Tsunami on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Delete and ban all CF-related forums. That #### gets so old.
106507, Especially one who deleted over it.
Posted by Vokharin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was disappointed but new my hours were weak so I tested the new reaver and actually grew to like him once he showed me he was more than capable.

Get the #### over it Drog, I did.
106508, RE: Especially one who deleted over it.
Posted by Oldril on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Get the #### over it Drog

qft
106513, Yeah, she was.
Posted by Cyradia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Your (continued) attitude here is disappointing.

At the time the choice, as it looked from my view, was...

- Dude that's about to get unempowered.

- Dude that's _really_ close to con dying.

- A bunch of old chars with (currently) poor login hours. The could either be because they've shelved this hero UNTIL nightreaver opens up or they just can't play more than a handful of hours a week. Either case, I wouldn't pick them.

- This dude(tte?) we don't know much about but has been pledged and then inducted into the cabal for about a week, is on all the time, and has been caught RPing several times. Oh, and is showing some strong PK skills as an added bonus.

Personally, she was first on my radar because I was impressed with how she killed my mortal and then RPed quite a bit after it. After that, I enjoyed watching her PK and RP with other chars. Imm-side, I'd bet on an up-and-coming character in the cabal that has the hours that can handle leadership presence (interviews, raiding, etc.), has the potential for a longish leadership reign, and that's putting in "RP and hour" heart BEFORE the nightreaver position is open.