Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Foratha Sigil a'Orn the Legend of the Battlefield
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=106218
106218, (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Foratha Sigil a'Orn the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Feb 12 13:36:50 2012

At 4 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 8th of the Month of Nature
on the Theran calendar Foratha perished, never to return.
Race:dark-elf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:234
106226, Props on sticking out to condeath.
Posted by Oldril on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
GLWYN
106264, Thanks, wish it had lasted longer.
Posted by Amberion on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I finally managed to put a lid on my temper and found the joy in fighting again and not caring as much for gear. So that sucked, now I need to roll something new, most of all I want to roll the exact same build again because it was just so damned fun!
106225, And the hunter becomes hunted, Foratha is gone.
Well, first off:

I didn't become nightreaver because I've been a whiny ass bitch about looting with Foratha. It's been worse with her than with any other char I've ever had, and I've always been a bitch about looting. :( It's sucks bigtime to be so damned whiny about looting. I just don't get it, why the hell do I get upset if a warrior with skull rings loots my bloodstone rings? With Foratha I even broke role over it multiple times. (Didn't go ooc at least. But might as well...)
After all, I know how to regear real well, I know how to PK well enough to get revenge on MOST of those who kill me. So, I have absolutely 0 reason to be such an idiot, afterall, I loot, don't I? Sure, I never full loot, but I do loot what I need. So #### me for being an idiot about gear. And thanks to imms for being clear about that holding back my char.

It's a real shame though that I destroyed Foratha with that, because I just LOVED her role, second best role I've written, the sad thing though is that it took me about 100 hours to find my RP with her, before that it was all bleh, I was still too stuck with Fjodir RP.

Goodbyes
Immortals:
Thanks for the induction, got a bit confused for a bit about who was the snack you talked about, + I was stressed out, was about to logout.

And thanks for the lastname, took me about 100 hours to realize what a stupid lastname I had picked and that I'd NEVER get it. Didn't bother to ask for a change, since I had it in my role and everything I thought I'd just ignore that. hehe

Jashtren: Thanks for actually giving me a con-quest despite everything. I should've said "Sorry, impossible task" instead of accepting it, but I was happy just getting one. Turned out not to be so impossible after all, after I took a certain edge (that I'm certain shouldn't do THAT much to change things) I suddenly almost managed to do what you asked of me.

Outlanders:
Rolas: You reminded Foratha of her step-dad, so she inherently liked you until you sent that note after I had raided the fort. :) After that she decided to have you killed if she got nightreaver spot.

Onya: We ran around A LOT and did some fun things. And I agree, quicksand isn't what it used to be, or people are just better in knowing how to get out of it. You're a beast btw, haven't managed to figure out who your player are. ^^

Vokharin: Now we did a ton of raiding together! I was certain you'd get reaver, but then you faded away a bit, so figured you wouldn't. I get it though, for a long time the whole cabal felt deadbeat.

Posted a bunch in others goodbyes already, and there are SO many right now that I'll just respond to anyone who posts instead. (I need some sleep.)

Tribunals
Fzoarn: I might be naive, but I really hope it's your RP. It's not very Paladinly, but then again, roles can be scewed in all sorts of ways. You were impossible for me to fight for a very long time, and I couldn't understand why. I could go up against you with: stoneskin, aura, shield, prot vs good, prot vs ethos, scaly hide and all sorts of other things and you'd still just make me run with co wrath... Then yesterday, it changed, no idea what changed except that I took an edge to fight you, that shouldn't do much of a difference really. Suddenly I could fight you very well with just prot vs good up. Very odd.

Mhag: You were my nemesis early on, but once I figured out how to use Foratha, it got one-sided. Good fights and banters though.

Yantha: Insane... There was nothing, absolutely nothing I could do to you alone even when fully prepared, not even when I had the scales. Then again, you showed up with a small army of elementals and guards so that helped...

Empire
Eleagra: Fought you a few times, first time it was at the spirit: bash, flurry, dead. After that and fighting Mhag a lot more I figured out what to do, and suddenly you weren't scary anymore. You did get me one more time though with a nasty ass flurry in Arkham. Other than that I had you running, and weren't quick enough to catch up in time. ^^ Lacking lagging options for certain.

Yarglen: Sorry about all that #### you got from me after the high priest and emperor got me. I could've handeled it a lot better, A LOT, I could even had done exactly what I did but 100% within role instead and made a plot out of it... But no, instead I almost went ooc and totally out of my role. If it had been me, I'd put whomever did that on ignore ASAP.

Fortress
Laesron: I think you got to feel the most of my ####ty looting-rages. We had some really nice fights, a shame that I had to muddle them with that.

Vallinane: You're cool, real cool! That time in Galadon was nasty, I had totally forgot about you being online. I was so happy that I FINALLY did get my revenge, even if I died getting it in Hamsah. Conceals ftw!

Arngrum: You also took some heat from my rages. Sorry about that. But that one time really soured my entire grasp of your char, when you and 3 others ganged my link-dead ass down and then looted. Not super much, but a bit. Considering I got upset from losing a single piece of gear to someone who killed me and needed it that really triggered me. After that I truly oocly hated you and those other 3. But I got a feeling you tried to redeem yourself.

Scion
Didn't interact really with any of you, a shame, you guys usually have awesome RP, Rindros and Zynzyn sure has, I know you do as I run a bunch with you two as Fjodir.

Nexuns
Solec: You're great, a shame we didn't get to do more. I had SO many chances to kill you but stayed my hand just because I really like your char, and Foratha wasn't as bloodthirsty as most reavers are.

Heralds
Healer dude? Can't remember your name, thanks for the travels. We had a lot of fun, your RP is crazy! You totally got the point when I choked you when we were killing things in High lords. And our banter about who were to lead the group. hehe
Cloud healer dude: I saw what I saw. :) Foratha was bent to kill you. hehehe

All in all, thank you everyone for great interactions, great fights. And I am truly honestly sorry for everyone who got to experience my outbursts. I'm going to make it a point with my next char to not care at all about gear.

I'll be back as soon as I can get my hands on a frost giant! Got a great role and concept for one! (As if that'll ever happen, I've ever only once in 8 years got a mino... )

Post and I'll respond.
106228, Kudos bro..
Posted by Balta on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Don't know about any rants over eq..

But I think you played the role of a reaver spot on..
106239, Thanks! :)
It was only my second outlander ever. First outlander was a d-elf trannie that got to lvl 50.
106229, Well done good sir.
Posted by Onya on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Great RP, great in-game knowledge (much more than me), and great PK skills. Foratha and Onya just kinda jelled together. It was like penut butter and jelly. It just worked. You knew exactly what to do in each situation we were in and I trusted you to do what was necissary. That being said, you had some balls on you! lol. To the point where you'd jump head-first into situations that I sure as hell would never have.

But Onya and myself both admired that about Foratha. I never knew you were so low on con though. Whenever we were on together, I think I maybe saw you die once... Damn, it really sucks losing good allies, but it seemed like you got alot out of the character and that's good. GLWYN and try not to kick my ass with it like you did with Fjodir. lol.

P.S. I really was gonna shoot you some nice ass lootz when I finally died(basically everything), but I guess that'll never come to pass...
106235, I think I hit lvl 51 with 9-10 con... ^^
lvl 30-40 really ate me up, I tried to do some PKing, but for some reason, Foratha just couldn't PK for #### at those levels. (+ I hadn't been inducted yet.)

So was basically a caballess warrior running around, unable to use healers to any greater extent due to keeping low weight for dodge not carrying heavy things.

Inability to get my hands on potions other than looting them from people.

+ Foratha was my second outlander ever, my first to hero. So there were a lot of things I just didn't know.

At least I got 100% ancient instincts! After 215 hours or so. heh

Did I kick your ass with Fjodir? I don't remember if I fought you much. But I DO remember cleaving your ass in half with Cawr! :D Hah!
106230, I really admired this character for a lot of reasons.
Posted by Laesron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And yeah, you did whine about me looting the bloodstone rings and/or some periapts from you a few times, but I never let it sour the character.

There's another character that I looted a lot less than I looted you who put me on ignore, so it is what it is.

But back to why I admired you. You stood out amongst the enemies I had because of the fact that you never logged off when your range was bad, and you always at least tried to kill me when the odds were not in your favor.

Also, I'm not sure if I told you this, but you also helped shape Laesron's roleplay, because after you killed me in Imperial Lands that one time, I stopped giving evils the "benefit of the doubt". Hope that makes sense.

Another impressive character. Great job. Just work on not saying anything after a death heh. I think you held yourself together very well the last two times I got you, just need more of that type of behavior.
106238, Yeah, I totally got that.
Most of my comments and snidy remarks against you were RP. Some of it were frustration about gear/loots.
106233, RE: And the hunter becomes hunted, Foratha is gone.
Posted by Onard on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ah too bad! I was hoping to interact with you more and take "what you saw" somewhere in our interactions. Would have created some good twists / tension I think.

GLWYN.
106237, Hehe yeah
Best RP is the one that changes interactions or binds someone too you for interactions in the future.
106234, You were one of the reavers I liked.
Posted by Ceje on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You always seemed to be ready to fight which might explain the con death. This is why you are one of my favorite players as your characters always seem to be impressive. The whole getting upset about getting looted shouldnt effect your character. Certain things bother certain people more than others. On both sides people should overcome that as it shouldnt outshine the person's RP. I wish I could of helped you more but maybe you should roll something a little less evil next time GLWYN
106236, A shame we didn't get to RP more.
After you refused to hook me up with aura etc (Just like a good warden should) Foratha got mildly upset with you. :) Was looking forward for some nice discussions in the future if I survived. ^^

Good to see that there are a few wardens now.
106241, My favorite Reaver!
Posted by Vokharin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I loved running about with you and raiding, defending etc etc although one time when we jumped some ragers you fled, without warning, 2 rounds in and I got punked by Akedah and it crossed Vok's mind to render your skin from your body but I got over it when you took me to kill my first ancient dragon, though again you all left me and I had to fight my way out past about 5 mobs......god bless cobra!

Wish the Imms had crossed paths with us a little more and maybe I wouldn't have gotten bored and started messing with an Alt, which I am guessing is why I was not then given a chance at reaver but it would have been easily remedied. 'Focus on the raising of Thar-Eris', ok, delete delete.

On the subject of deletion, your final words as I was about to delete that day actually had an effect on me and made me come back although it was after a few days off. Yantha is a pain in the ass to fight and I have sadly entered a fight with her twice, not fully prepared, and died horribly both times. The lieutenant damage + bard buffs + bard tank + talismanic and potion protections means the centaur is dead before you get there or you go in half-prepped and die! bleh!

Feels really odd that I killed you with Rasst then ran with you so much as Foratha. GLWYN
106243, Our times seems to mech a great deal so you'll see more of me and my chars.
Hopefully in a near future. :) Most likely, if Vokharin still lives, something that will make us able to group up again.

I'm glad you didn't delete, I actually thought that you did delete until the next time you loged on. Glad my words helped, you're a solid pressence.
106245, Liked you and respected you
Posted by Humbert on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We had great fights between Elanya and Foratha. Nothing quite like a good solo PK on a class which can't seal kills easily (Foratha's kill on me was down to some recklessness on my part, but mostly I didn't expect you to suddenly hit me so well in melee). If I had some luck with strike of deliverance, I could purposefully get kills shield paladins would have to rely on lucky shield jabs for.
106261, You sure didn't lack tactics!
90% of our fights I were totally prep-less. And in the mid-levels you were close to making me delete, you ate up SO much con for me. I hit hero with what? 9-10 con I think.

I remember my first meeting with you, I was decently geared, had real good HPs for a drow at lvl 35ish, did a hamstring, got 1 wrath on me then a SoD and poof, I was dead. Mithril weapons and kickass gear on an unprepped drow hurts badly.

We also had one super long fight in the jungle and beach, 45mins or something without any deaths then I had to go. :)
106249, Cool Character
Posted by Yindathos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Always got a nice feeling of menace from you. You just seemed reaverish. A good ally, but definitely evil and bloodthirsty.
106262, I found you SO annoying at first, but you grew on me!
You've got something good going! Keep it up for con/age-death! Really liked you by the end.
106253, Fierce Enemy
Posted by KrunkTheOrc on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
While Krunk's sentiments on losing a solid enemy were expressed IC, I must say that I, the player, will definitely miss having a solid, difficult to beat (let alone kill) enemy. One who is willing to fight alone especially.

I don't think we had a ton of fights, but I'd bet you got the better of most of them, even if they rarely resulted in deaths for either side. It's too bad you didn't get to have your final death against someone that was more an enemy than some random orc, but then I had no idea you were even around until Krunk left the underdark and saw you.

Good luck with your next, feel free to roll an orc sympathizer. I somehow end up on the opposite side of your characters almost every time and it would be nice to be on the same side for once :)

Krunk

106263, You're a beast!
Watched you fight a lot from the sidelines in cammo, and seen the logs. You make orcs look real good!

I was so close to kill you quite a few times, but you always escaped! At least I did get a kill on the chieftan even if it was a 2vs1 gang with a headless villager. ^^

Don't feel bad about that, I found it quite funny as I came looknig for you to surprise you, but got totally surprised myself. :)

Keep it up!
106273, I offer you 1/3 of all my con for you to survive longer...
Posted by Barhzbree on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
and I don't even get a goodbye! Boo!

You were a great hunter and I felt bad as a player when you didn't get Nightreaver. But after seeing that death on Dio's where death was singing to you I understood. I really enjoyed helping you and being a different kind of ranger. It is kind of neat to be an animist because you are part druid part ranger/warrior part utility. Sure, not as dangerous as a bearcharging cloud giant savage ranger, but has its own perks. Good luck with your next and I appreciated all our interactions.
106274, Ooho, sorry! Totally missed you! (I blame your chars name...)
We had a bunch of great interactions, and offering me 1/3 of your con was awesome, but I highly doubt it's something the imms would've even considered for Foratha. ;)

You've got a really good thing going RP-wise, and even though I've always seen your combo as weak in PK you seem to be doing fairly well with it. You'll be a great harbinger! You healing me every now and then really helped a bunch. :)

See you in the fields!