Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [OUTLANDER] Nivaen the Dweller of the Wilds
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=106174
106174, (RAGE DELETE) [OUTLANDER] Nivaen the Dweller of the Wilds
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Feb 11 18:19:09 2012

At 11 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 12th of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Nivaen perished, never to return.
Race:felar
Class:ranger
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:159
106193, Outlander Goodbyes...
Posted by Balta on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
As always... I love outlander... and this time around, I met some really cool people in there as well... some very distinctive characters.

first of course would have to be..

Yindathos: man, we met up in the past around what rank 15? and we hit it off then. Yindathos was one of cat's best friends. Even the times when ZERO people were on I could justify trying to pk, it was fun just to run around somewhere with you while we just went back and forth seeing who could say the most dumb crap.. ;)
Now, cat is out the way... the nothing can hold back the legends of Yindathos from spreading like wildfire across the lands!!!
Really , really interested to find out which player you are. I have a guess but I shall keep that to myself for now.

Iffi: cat's second oldest friend, I think we met when cat was lvl 19 or 20. Same as Yin... always great talking and hanging out with you. I too am interested to see who plays you.

Strahdar: Also, someone else Niv met pretty darn young and we did alot of ranking together... seemed like maybe you stopped showing up for a bit?

Rolas: I thought you were a solid harbinger.. but like I said.. man I saw you make so many druid mistakes.. letting someone word when its a full moon because you forgot to call the hunt? I know you'll never make that mistake on a druid again ;) dont worry... I have too. Also..
it seemed you always wanted to try to tell people what to do if someone came to the tree... I didnt care for that at all, I let it go.. but it rubbed me the wrong way.

Ruch : Definately wish we could have go to roll together more. I am glad you enjoyed the RP.. I try to make people laugh and enjoy the game.

Vokharin: I really like your char, and enjoyed listening to the reasons behind your last name Grubroot... thought it was well thought out.

Foratha: Man you just go beast sometime... so many times I see you charging full steam into a good amount of oppositions, and so many times, I was behind my screen just shaking my head.. but that is the style you play and you do it well. every now and then, you came over CB saying "Herbs" or demanding iffi to sing something or strahdar with a spell, and we all took it as you being demanding. and none of us liked it, so watch that. I know it isnt you being demanding becuase lets face it, when you are in the heal of battle it is alot easier to cb herbs, then CB Niv, if you would not be opposed to it, perhaps you could come grant me some herbs?

;)

Drog: suchs you deleted for the reasons you did.

Onya: It was nice having a "closer" relationship with Onya this time around then I did with Balta... I am glad you enjoyed our interactions. once again you are such a solid presence for outlander.. but now that is TWO of my chars you have outlived ;)
Maybe next time Ill roll a reaver!

all the other ones, you all seem very solid. Mreykre good luck as reaver, witch good luck as harbinger... and the rest of y'all good luck!

Time to go cook breakfast!

Balta
106200, Booo!
Posted by Yindathos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Geez, I wake up and Whitney Houston and the Cat are gone. Whitney I can deal with much easier. Just great fun running around with you, pk or not. Excellent roleplay, great sense of humor. I'll miss it. I figured you were a player of note, had to be. My legend ain't spreading, yours should have even more! Really neat character.
106201, WHITNEY HOUSTON IS GONE!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
OOOHHHHH... woe is cat!!!!!!!!

hopefully she took bobby brown with her right?

Cant wait till I get to find out who plays you.. or who you play?
106265, Whitney houston was gone long ago. Just like cfers lost to
Posted by Voralian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
drugs, women and farmvile.
106205, RE: Outlander Goodbyes...
Posted by Garm on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked the char a lot, even though i couldn't interact with you
much due to RP and the way this char does things in general.

Felar ranger PK without insects requires finesse and a lot of
patience, especially when you lack bearcharge. So, personally,
i'd put marsh/explorer towards the weaker combos for that reason
alone. Insects change everything though.

GLWYN
106227, Garm
I thank you for the kind words on digging cat's
RP.. And I totally understand how given your role
that you seemed a bit stand offish..

Good luck with the rest of your char's life..

I'm sure we will meet again on the tree one day :)
106216, We had a lot of fun.
Posted by Foratha on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I enjoyed hanging around with you. We didn't get to do much super nasty stuff PK-wise, but we explored a bit and had some nice chats.

The stuff over CB is mostly role-related, but since as you say, it's in the heat of battle, it gets short. Should've been longer CBs, but still demanding. Won't go into it too much since she's still alive. heh

Thanks for saving my ass so many times!

Hope you come back soon!

GLWYN
106242, Loved Nivaen, despite him not being a reaver
Posted by Vokharin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You have reminded me that I have a role update about our conversation to do with my lastname.

You would have been super solid with insects, as Rasst was! I liked the less intense feeling I got from you and Yindathos. It can be quite uplifting for a dour and dark-hearted individual at times.

GLWYN
106191, Well first char since Balta...
and yes it was outlander again, imagine that? I had been planning this since about a week ago, I was doing a reply on the forum and I edited a post.. I am pretty sure Balta popped up as the author not Nivaen until an imm edited out... I think... that has had me worried, I really do not like outing one of my chars...

Was Explorer/Swamp dweller.. wanted to try out Rasst's combo... personally I feel like to make it truly viable, insects are necessary. I started getting frustrated with no options to lag. The build is an AMAZING support build. I also got frustrated with the fact that my hours and those of Akresius are not matching up at all right now.

so I was waiting for something to push me to del and that last death did it. Hence why it appears as a rage... although I did send the guy an in character tell basically telling him it wasnt his fault.

some goodbyes..

Tribunals:
Yeah, I am grouping you all together here... most of ya'll were pretty damn cool... but there is one right now... well I will get into that when he dies.

scions:
Rindros, Zynzyn, Badduah all come to mind, about the only three I ever really had any interaction with.

Nexus:
as always, never really cared for any of you and always attack on sight. although yesterday I left Solec alone because he had a wanted flag and I like seeing that.

Empire:
All were a class act to Niv from my point of view. Only one I literally avoided after our first fight was the WarMaster... on this build I would literally just watch my screen as you perma lagged me with bash and beat my face in.

Herald:
I normally try to avoid killing heralds and even gave Sarin a chance to run the other day. Yeti: you seem cool with your spin on everything.

Fort:

Illanthos: I try to play the role of a harbinger... I usually let reavers slug it out with you guys unless it is some sort of raid situation. I think that is how the tree should be, with three different branches, each one should see the world a whole lot different.

Vallianne: FU for stealing from me ;)

the rest all seemed fairly competent.

Battle:
I was actually on good terms with most of you.. I imagine it is because those times when it seemed like everyone in the tree was running around trying to gang down villagers, I stayed away from that. Niv was totally confused why people were wasting their time hunting you all down like y'all were thar-eris's #1 enemy?

Outlander: My goodbye will be in a seperate post..

Whiysdan: LOSER!?!?!?!?!? hehe... thanks for getting me out... THE only thing last night that even made me hesitate was the quest you gave me. for what it's worth, I actually picked 9 out of the 13 things you wanted, I can email em to you if you want.

I am sure I will roll another outtie soon enough...

Balta
106210, RE: Well first char since Balta...
Posted by Onard on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I enjoyed our few interactions and was hoping for more. Catiyeti would have been neat!
106185, BOOOOOO!
Posted by Whiysdan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You know why. Thanks for completing my quest. Loser.
106195, PFFFT!
Maybe I did this whole thing so I can role up a whiysdan follower and give you the time of your life, ever think about that buddy!?!?!?!?!

106181, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [OUTLANDER] Nivaen the Dweller of the Wilds
Posted by Illanthos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Illanthos had some serious respect for you, as you were one of the few neutral Outlanders who understood and respected the boundaries and restrictions he operated under with respect to cabal politics.

Sucks to see you go.

GLWYN
106198, Im old hat with Harbingers and outlanders in general..
I acted the way I feel harbingers should... I dont think they should automatically try to rescue a reaver because the fort wants them dead. nor do I believe they should ever be camping outside the fort (unless maybe some juicy dwarves and paladins are awake!)

but... it is also perfectly viable for a harbinger to run and jump on a fort anytimes they think a cabal mate is in danger.. lets face it, a dead outlander can hurt Thar-Eris...

one of the things I love about the cabal, so much freedom

buh-bye!
106180, Noooooo!!!!!
Posted by Onya on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
How the hell do I outlive you! Damnit Nivaen! Ballsacks man. This really really sucks. Nivaen was one of Onya's few few real friends in game. The banter back and forth between us was sooo freaking hilarious I couldn't help but continue, even when you'd do or say something that Onya (the character) would normally have turned her nose up at, me behind the computer was cracking up so hard I just had to play along. It was obvious you had real pk skills as well, which only furthered the relationship. Damn. You'll be sorely missed. GLWYN or in RL.

Seriously, I take a 3 day vacation and half the damn tree deletes.... Booooo!!!
106194, =)
Yeah, I wanted to RP something a bit light hearted and whymsical?

I am glad you enjoyed it. I enjoyed it too, and even got you to crack a smile in game a few times =>

my pks with Niv sucked... but of course, if they count how many people ran away convulsing, I would be a pk god with this char. hehehe

Cant wait to hear who plays you when you die. If that ever actually happens. Such a strong presence for outlander. You are one of the people who can turn a tide when you log on.

Balta
106176, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [OUTLANDER] Nivaen the Dweller of the Wilds
Posted by Ruch on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, this makes me a bit sad. Nivaen was a lot of fun to have around in the woods. Your sense of humor kept me laughing and your interactions with the others in the cabal were great.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do next.
106196, Thanks.
I enjoyed us being able to hang out a bit as well too... hence why I came to help you rank when I had nothing to do