Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AUTO) [None] Merrshin the Navigator of the Seas
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=106130
106130, (AUTO) [None] Merrshin the Navigator of the Seas
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Feb 9 07:38:22 2012

At 2 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 1st of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Merrshin perished, never to return.
Race:felar
Class:ranger
Level:39
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:64
106150, Oops. I thought I had logged in recently.
Posted by DurNominator on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Beastmaster/forester is a nice combo. I planned to make Merrshin my first hero in fifth age, but I guess the plan just dried out. 64 hours on the character, spanning over period of one year. Merrshin was slowly gravitating towards Outlander and I was kind of planning to abandon coins and apply for the cabal. Merrshin didn't generally buy anything from shops, so it wasn't a huge issue.

Merrshin was sphere gluttony and liked fresh meat. The role was centered on hunting for food and a reason to join Outlander was slowly forming, it being Scions/cities/conjurers etc. forming terrain to their liking, which in turn did not correspond to Merrshin's preferences. Merrshin saw this as a threat to his hunting grounds and was planning to join forces with Outlanders to combat these threats and protect his hunting ground, so that he'd have fresh meat in the future as well.

Merrshin was supposed to be very food-centered character that made his decisions based on what would fill his belly. This role concept didn't work out well in practice and I felt that sphere gluttony did not show through enough in Merrshin's daily life. Being casual also made it difficult to have a good grasp of the character's RP.

Some goodbyes:

Meekao - We travelled together briefly in a ranking trip, but your RP shined through positively during that trip. Too bad you deleted so early. We also had a run-in with that Battle thief whose name I don't remember any more.

Garathis - Refeshing smart evil RP. I enjoyed traveling with you a lot.

Skeeta - Our brief discussion brightened Merrshin's otherwise dull and generally lonely existence in the bushes.

Naija - I liked your magistrate's letter to all. I don't recall what the issue of it was exactly, but Merrshin found the content hypocritical on basis of you being a conjurer and guided him to a path closer to being outlander (the hypocrisy is a purposefully biased stretch. I was looking for reasons to join Outlander and that seemed like a nice train of thought to formulate.). Anyway, it was nice that you contributed towards something happening in the world in global scale in a way that news of it reached Merrshin.