Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [HERALD] Sarin Snow the Deckhand to the Thundering Maiden, Scribe of the Eternal Star
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=106101
106101, (CON LOSS) [HERALD] Sarin Snow the Deckhand to the Thundering Maiden, Scribe of the Eternal Star
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Feb 8 15:15:54 2012

At 10 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 25th of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Sarin perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:conjurer
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:HERALD, the Heralds of the Eternal Star
Hours:251
106108, Carrion Fields - My Favorite Game
Posted by Obaznuk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Having only ever played warriors/assassins/shamans to 51, Sarin was my first conjurer or even mage class to hero, for that matter. Sarin started out as a neutral psycho-witch bent on killing villagers who slowly began to unravel her past as she went on through life, eventually leading her to Neltouda's Crew and the Heralds, which changed her perceptions of her own predicaments. By level 30, I was down to around 15 con from eating up all the exploration deaths that I earned at lower ranks. Sarin was stubborn. If she decided to kill that hooded figure wizard to see what that wand he was holding did, I would find myself spending an hour in game killing one mob to find out the wand did something stupid. But her stubbornness paid off in my eyes, because I learned how to find a/b/s. I learned how to find gear. I don't think I will ever struggle with that again. It's amazing how much gear is actually out there and how much fun it actually is diving head first into a well-written area by yourself and uncovering seriously interesting secrets every time you log in.

First off, to the Imms: Great Game. Just keeps getting better. Playing this game feels like reading a damned good book. The 'gamer' aspect creeps in at times but when it does, it generally turns into some pretty ambitious RP.

Heralds...
Neltouda - I understood 10% of your religion when I first approached you. Each conversation we had was usually a revelation of some new wisdom, some new perspective. I feel like I maybe understand 33%, now. I never at any point felt like I deserved a tattoo, I had too much of a curve and I think having played one role-type most of the time hindered the speed at which I picked things up. Thanks for putting up with me, I hope you enjoyed Sarin's manner of pushing Neltouda's buttons even if the Maiden herself was annoyed by it. By the way... No touching!

Whiysdan - Coolest 'mofo' in town, it was hard not to be annoying and thrilled whenever Sarin saw you around. I logged what I think would have to be one of your very first interactions with any mortals, when the Maran and I were looking for Iunna. It was very fun and got me excited about being a Herald.

Iesysiuk - Stay cool, dragon master.
Pindonalla/Legruda - Both of you are awesome and exactly what the Heralds need. It was so nice to have all your company in the Inn.
Skeeta/Gortanvil - What happened, yo? I missed you both. We woulda rocked face. Sorry if my disappearance for that three weeks or whatever really sucked.

Friends:
Pritaeus - You disappeared too...
Laevin - Poor Laevin... He really wanted to slip that ring onto Sarin's finger. I don't wanna say too much else since you're still active but thanks for the good times and the fun RP.
Vallinane - Whoever you are, you are a guiding light to any moderately-skilled players who want to become better at the game. I enjoyed grouping with you just because of the fact I knew I was going to learn something about the game every time. Your dirty, rotten clever and I loved it.
Besruks - You were fun, patient and very kind. One of the best healers I've ever travelled with, it's too bad I had no idea how the hell to play a conjie.
Arngrum - Sorry about all the screw-ups! You were awesome, definitely deserved Helmsman.
Creyn - Always up for an adventure, I loved it.
Mhag - Good luck with your next.
Zynzyn - Good luck with all your dark magic. Sarin especially liked Zyn because his nature soothed her anxiety. You took over the arial race, in my mind, and now I have to rethink the way I play an arial from here on out.
Rindros - Because of you, my next conjurer will be much more fun.

Anyone I missed - I'm SURE I missed plenty! Let me have it and I'll respond in kind!

Enemies:
Foratha - You were my favorite, mostly because you always managed to find me and were willing to talk some RP #### at any time with me, which was a blast.
Mauz - Of all the villagers, you attacked me the most. It tickled Sarin's bones that she always managed to get away. Mauz was a cool cat about it though, and made her very wary. I'm pretty sure you had me marked several times in my life, is that true?
Yigish - By far the most scary of the villagers, I think you killed me at least three times.
Everyone else who killed me - Was fun.
106112, Of course I had you marked.
Posted by Mauz on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But getting you was never a priority, especially since I generally eschew going after Heralds at the Inn. If I saw you out and about, though, I was gonna give it a shot. It can be really hard to get a kill on an Archon-Conjie who wants to get away, though.

Whenever I see a cool character pass that I never made the effort to get to know it bums me out a little bit, but there's only so many hours in the day and it's a little bit harder when you're a stealth class. So, I'm sorry I missed out on both killing you and knowing you.

In any event, good luck with your next, players like you are what make this game so great.
106113, And I never would have pegged you as C/N.
Posted by Mauz on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I swear I thought you usually had an Archon.
106224, Well just know that you were a constant force in my life. :) n/t
n/t
106121, Sarin was great
Posted by Zynzyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You had great personality and I always felt like we could discuss interesting, exploration-based stuff with complete transparency. I will miss your jingle bells!

:-(

P.S. WOW you burned through that CON! I thought I was bad!
106223, I remember our introductions...
I pass you on the road at level 40, no archons no elementals. I stop in the room with you, grin and walk away.

Zynzyn tells you, "I just about pointed my finger at you."
You tell Zynzyn, "How rude! We've barely been introduced!"
You tell Zynzyn, "But your name is known to me in the Inn. I am Sarin Snow, scribe of the Heralds and so, a gatherer of knowledge."
*Of course Sarin says this knowing it will appeal to Zynzyn.*

Zynzyn tells you, "There is something I would have you look for..."

*And then our long relationship began!*
106141, D'oh!
Posted by Oryntohr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Why'd you have to go and do that? Oryn was cooking up some plans involving you, and I generally just had more things I wanted to talk to you about. There was some cool depth with Sarin that I hadn't fully gotten into yet, but had def piqued my interest.

Oryn wasn't quite sure what to think of or do with Sarin, which is just the kind of situation that I, as a player, like getting into, b/c it makes you further (or more clearly) define some role boundaries.

Thanks for that, and GLWYN.
106222, Yes! This was one box I wish we opened!
I recognized immediately the levity with with Oryntohr first approached Sarin, a binder of servants, in the forest and asked his questions. Those kind of situations actually had Sarin making manuscripts for the villagers and dropping them off personally at the entrance to the village WHILE MAUZ IS ON. I love the RP that comes out of these situations and I think Oryntohr was going to make Sarin very wise...
106149, Glad you had fun!
Posted by Whiysdan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really appreciate the fact that you showed up with a great deal of frequency and put up with some really bad deaths.

Best of luck with whatever you decide to play next!

"W"
106221, I felt like you were around more than me! Thanks for listening to my stories about mum. n/t
n/t
106156, I liked hanging out with you
Posted by Iesy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wow, had no idea you were burning con so fast. I sort of had you pegged to be next in line for High Herald. I wish we would have wen't on more adventures now damnit! Good times, I'll be more lonely now.
106220, There was no way I could be High Herald, now Iesysiuk on the other hand...
But no, Sarin was a conjie. So right off the bat, the High Herald can't chill at the Inn safely which really blows... Plus, as a player I had minimal understanding of my religion and my skills at hosting and handling events and parties at the Inn were severely lacking. I don't know, that's just my self-analysis.
106208, I was a big fan of Sarin.
Posted by Vallinane on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And I felt really ####ty when you died in that stupid little fight in Arboria. I could have probably saved you, too.

I really liked that Sarin was always up for talking or poking around somewhere and otherwise alleviating the tedium that comes part and parcel with CF.

I'm glad I caught you after you mellowed out into the heralds and became more floofy, I'm not sure how Vallinane would have dealt with you when you were psycho :)

Glad I could help you out with some game knowledge. Sarin was great fun, and I enjoyed my time with her. Good luck with your next and see you in the fields.
106219, That's actually two times now, buddy...
As far as game knowledge goes, I've had the opportunity to know the Marshall as both Trafalgeiner and Sarin and learn very much from him. Perhaps if he lives long enough, I might know him as enemy??? *grin*

Thanks for your respectful, yet insistent approaches and all the playful fun we had, which I felt really helped me dig into Sarin on a deeper level and I hope was entertaining to all involved, especially Laevin.

As far as psycho-Sarin, she actually hid that from Vallinane. Fzoarn was right on the money when he caught Sarin in Darsylon with a devil, having just slaughtered every elf in the palace. There were actually about a half dozen times where Sarin would suddenly realize the Marshall was nearby and have to quickly dismiss a demon or devil. I also wonder how aware you were of the times when I was rolling around with Zynzyn and you were like, "Hey girl, what's up?"
106232, RE: Carrion Fields - My Favorite Game
Posted by Neltouda on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
While I really do enjoy complex, fully developed characters... and in fact I attempt to facilitate that via my religion... Sarin was just too dramatic for me in her early years. After you got over that mama drama, things were a little better. You started to develop the character in a way I thought could be used with the religion. Towards the end of your life I caught you talking about wearing a mask and playing parts for different people and that just made me go "OH!". Up until then I thought you had developed in a lazy whore of a Herald. The few good things that I caught you doing were masked by the lazy whore of a Herald thing. I suddenly saw that your character had a lot more depth. Now all that being said, you did not present all of this depth to me during our interactions. I had to watch you for hours and hours and hours to figure anything out of substance. One that that I was very impressed with were your talents at leading groups when you wanted to lead them. Taking your time to show little things like artwork etc. is something I really would like all of my followers that take the exploration path to do. You did do that perfectly, and because of that I did consider giving you a tattoo. It was the taking hours and hours and hours to figure your character out thing that kept you from having it.
106345, Thank you, I feel like Sarin's RP was quite a bit wasted by me, in fact. You taught me a lot. n/t
n/t
106104, Ouch! Was that me and that villager?
Posted by Foratha on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You gave me my second death ever over all times to a herald. Embarassing. hahaha So stupid, I didn't notice the damage from vitrolic stream as I kept lashing, not until it was far to late.

Fun stuff, had other chars interact with you as well. Nice char.
106109, Might as well have been, nice kill guys. n/t
n/t