Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Rolas Spiritwind the Force of Nature, Harbinger of Thar-Eris
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=106088
106088, (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Rolas Spiritwind the Force of Nature, Harbinger of Thar-Eris
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Feb 8 14:07:39 2012

At 7 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 20th of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Rolas perished, never to return.
Race:wood-elf
Class:druid
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:429
106096, Rolas may be my favorite mort of all time
Posted by bobbyp on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I decided to try a class I had never done before in a very comfortable cabal for me. I have to say that druids are now my favorite class. They are SO versatile, and have something to cover almost any situation.

The life of this character was all over the map. It took a very long time to finally get inducted, but that's ok. Outlander was getting beat down pretty bad when I first got in, followed by a brief strong period. Then a very long low period with no leaders, little immortal presence, and very few in the cabal. I feel like I went out with the ranks full, and several strong leaders in the ranks.

I'm deleting because I really took to heart a post someone made about "it's sucky for a leader to just fade away". I'm not trying to fade away, and I still really liked the character, but I'm just too busy right now. Jas threw me the leader spot and I was like "####, why'd he do it on the last day of christmas break?". I'm in the last half the school year, as a teacher, and that part of the year is just mayhem for a band director. Also, I'm doing a body transformation contest, and my workouts are taking a big priortiy for me right now. I'm tired of being fat :) (I'm currently 18lbs down from where I started.) Plus with a wife, two weiner dogs, and two cats, there are just too many things vying for my time at the moment.

Amaranthe- Thank you very much for the empowerment. I know you aren't around much, but it was very cool to learn your religion. Keep popping in, you're one of the good ones.

Outlanders- My favorite cabal as always. I love the freedom to choose in this cabal, and there are so many takes on it.

Onya - I can't believe you are still going along. I felt like we were two old warhorse soldiers watching the young grunts come up through.

Foratha - Strong character here. Sorry we butted heads on the one issue, but it's an alignment conflict in my opinion. I'm hoping you get Reaver.

Yindathos - Holy #### were you annoying at first. You just wouldn't leave me alone, and the perseverance really did it for you. You grew on me, and I started to like you more.

There were many many more, but those are the most recent ones.

Tribunals- Boy you guys are down in the dumps right now. I kind of feel like they need to lift that evil ban.

Naija- I liked you a LOT. I know that we really went at it, but holy #### were you ballsy.

Fzoarn- I think you and I just didn't get along. (not that we should)

Village- There were a lot of villagers I interacted with, and it was never the same twice. At one point when you guys were "sort of" at war with us I was going after villagers hard. Then I would help you against Nexus when it calmed down. A very chaotic relationship.

Nexus- I just hate this cabal honestly. I really do feel like it's broken. I was never friends with any of you, but occasionally I was pissed enough at the village to help you kill some of them.

Puhg- One hell of a nexun and a tough bastard. Your stance on balance, and telling the world where it stood was great. If I would have picked a nexun friend it would have been you, but obviously that wouldn't have worked.

The rest of you didn't talk to me much.

Empire- There needs to be some turbo imperial recruiting right now. This cabal has been in the toilet for way way too long now.

Eleagra- Really the only one that I've interacted with long term. Tough bastard, great RP, and really solid imperial. If you don't get emperor it's a crime.

Raeghan- I really hated this character's guts, and knew it wouldn't last long. The tough talking when you were always dragging a melee character with you was lame-o.

Scion- I really need to try this cabal some time. One of the only ones I haven't tried.

Rindros- I was scared as hell of you. End of story.

Scree- Very good invoker, and a good killer. I think I would have had you in the grove that one fight, but I guess we'll never know after the rhino stomped a mudhole in my ass. :)

This was a very long lived character so if I left you out feel free to post and I will respond.

Rolas, Mreash, Bobbyp, and assorted others.
106099, You could always step down from being leader.
Posted by Dallevian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Heck, just pray why and I bet any imm would do it if the player asks for and explains why.

Foratha did not get nightreaver per twitter.

Evils can get into Trib, I think I've seen three since that 'rule' went in.

Good job man.
106103, I really liked Rolas, as did Foratha.
Posted by Foratha on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You fit perfectly into my role, so that made off for a good start.

Our disagreement was really fitting, I was hoping to get some more interactions out of that. But with the threat of being booted I didn't want to push it more. If Foratha had been made reaver she might have killed you for it though. :) A shame we didn't get to see that through. hehe

Good work!
106107, RE: I really liked Rolas, as did Foratha.
If you had been made reaver I was going to make a point of now deferring to your right to lead as you saw fit.
106122, Would have liked to see Foratha as Reaver too!
Posted by Abernyte on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
but sadly some complete lowbie nobody, barely inducted for a week has been given the nod by the Step-father Ancients and basically slapped the face of the 'hero reavers' who have been online, raiding, defending, hunting and I am half expecting a mass exodus.

Reavers, Harbingers and Wardens should be decided like the Nexus leaders by a vote of confidence. If the refuge is a band of free-folk then they would surely follow the person who actually leads or who is the strongest.

Anyway, liked Rolas a lot and it is a shame you are gone but I blame the person who didn't tell you about the 10 extra rehersals after you agreed to the orchestra/band stuff on!
106124, RE: Would have liked to see Foratha as Reaver too!
Posted by sezdral on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Should just kill this new nightreaver then.
106125, The guy isn't even in hero range.
Posted by Vortex Magus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
None of the other reavers can touch him.
106126, RE: The guy isn't even in hero range.
Posted by sezdral on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
half the reavers aren't in hero range, actually. but yeah i get your point. haha. we'll see how he gets raped when he gets up there.
106129, RE: Would have liked to see Foratha as Reaver too!
Posted by Cyradia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't know what magic lists of evil Outlander heros you guys have access to, but I'm pretty sure my list is complete. I'm pretty sure you're full of mud if you think there was a better choice in a current hero - and no I won't discuss active characters. There are some glaring reasons why I would have made the exact same decision if it were my cabal.

I have no idea who Mrekya is, and I have no idea if upon deletion (assuming it comes out) that will add fuel or not to the "favoritism" fire. I will say, however, that I voiced an opinion on this leadering and I did it purely on a character-level of what I could see in game. If you want an opinion on what makes a character stand out, go read my comments on Oldril's "favoritism" thread and use that as a measuring stick. If you have "a dog in the hunt" (ie, a Reaver you think should have been chosen) and want some feedback from a not-in-charge-but-still-opinionated immortal on the matter...email me.

Please do not hijack Rolas's deaththread further talking about a branch he wasn't even in charge of.
106131, Sorry I think I started it
With my comment about favoring Foratha for it myself.
106114, Good character!
Posted by Yindathos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I get that I was annoying, I know, I know. We got off to a very bad start. I think you got the impression I was an ultra-newbie, and a drooling idiot to boot. There was really no IC way for me to change that, since I like to see everything as new (within reason). At first jumping through hoops because you wanted to teach me some lessons (most of which I knew) ticked me off. Then, it turned to admiration of the time you were taking to educate someone. It actually made me see things with new eyes, and that's a testament to your dedication.

Good job.
106135, Oh noes, there goes another old-head.
Posted by Oryntohr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Good times, man, good times. Rolas was one of Oryn's favorite buddies, our IC personas seemed to mesh pretty well. Too bad we were usually the gankees, and not vice versa. ;)

You def deserved 'binger, it's a shame RL got in the way.

GLWYN
106137, Dude
Posted by Mhag / The Me on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm terribly impressed :) MOAR carnage next time :)
106171, RE: Rolas may be my favorite mort of all time
Posted by Onya on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yeah, sometimes I'm surprised I'm still going too. lol. Anyways, Rolas was a solid character with solid RP. Rolling with a druid who knows what he's doing is always a plus. Take care and GLWYN.
106203, Good character
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I remember you healing my lowbie druid while a dwarf spammed himself to death lashing me. Think I'd probably lost about 2000 hp by the time he finally died. He was very pissed off about that, whereas I was pleasantly surprised since I didn't know you were going to help until you did.
106094, Why did you del?
Posted by Nivaen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Was it a matter of not having enough time?

I enjoyed Rolas very much, a solid harbinger when awake... although I am thinking this may have been your first druid?

GLWYN

Niv
106097, First druid ever
I had a blast, and will definitely be doing it again. I was starting to have to "schedule" log ins around work, workouts, family; so it was just getting to be too much at the moment. I held out longer than planned to try to get the branches as full as I could before I did. (but still trying to maintain quality)
106098, Well good luck with everything...
Posted by Nivaen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
*** Editing shows your real forum handle. ***

Glad I was able to get inducted by you and hang a little bit...

was fun the few times we got to hook up...

normally when you logged on, not many others were so I was usually helping to rank some younger outties...

Will say more about Rolas on my Death thread...

Niv

*EDITED*

also, I guessd about first time druid, because you made a couple of mistakes in front of me that I know next druid, you would never make ;)

106102, I'm an idiot
Posted by Tsunami on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Forget this post.
106091, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Rolas Spiritwind the Force of Nature, Harbinger of Thar-Eris
Posted by Illanthos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This makes me really sad. Every time I saw you online I thought to myself "We should sit down and chat", but it never happened.