Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [None] Taeldur Frostbeard the Champion of Warfare
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=105806
105806, (RAGE DELETE) [None] Taeldur Frostbeard the Champion of Warfare
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Jan 30 06:32:13 2012

At 12 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 19th of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Taeldur perished, never to return.
Race:frost
Class:warrior
Level:47
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:58
105808, Just not the type of char I want to play
Posted by Taeldur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Maybe I just suck, but I felt like this character was either buggy or just bloody not worth a ####. An example is a dwarf paladin with shield + sword who is hitting me more in melee than my dual wielding + 4th attack sword spec who has 9 levels on the guy is hitting him. If melee is all my char has, and I am getting outmeleed by a guy who isn't even pure melee, and I have 9 ranks on....well its time to move on then, and thats what I did. I don't think I saw a single evil once I hit hero range, during my login times, who didn't have chameleon.

Goodies had no problems ganging me down when there were multiple goodie heroes online, and one me at rank 44, then looting gear they cant even use.

Frost giant warrior sure as hell isn't the character to stand up to those type of gangs and sure as hell not during the login times I play.

Thanks Sacer for taking the time to make the race, and if you want some detailed feedback on more specific things I saw with the frost, lemme know.
105809, almost the first hero
Posted by Scarabaeus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If you have feedback, feel free to e-mail me (scarabaeus@cf...).

Since there was nothing Frost Giant specific in the log you sent me, I'm curious: have you played many 40+ warriors?
105811, At least ten.
Posted by Taeldur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Including the last character I played, who was a hero sword spec.

I wasn't sure if there was anything frost-specific in that log but if there wasn't, no offense, it wasn't the character I was trying to play.

I wanted to be the first frost giant hero but then I realized I was not enjoying my logins at all and decided it would be better to just move on and leave the slot to someone who maybe can do it better and is gonna have fun with it.
105813, RE: Just not the type of char I want to play
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Maybe I just suck, but I felt like this character was either
>buggy or just bloody not worth a ####. An example is a dwarf
>paladin with shield + sword who is hitting me more in melee
>than my dual wielding + 4th attack sword spec who has 9 levels
>on the guy is hitting him. If melee is all my char has, and I
>am getting outmeleed by a guy who isn't even pure melee, and I
>have 9 ranks on....

The 9 levels basically don't matter there. They don't affect dodge/parry/shieldblock at all PvP.

Having seen the log in question, I'd have bet on the paladin having a metabolic quickening and you not having one. Add in going up against a shield paladin (one of the better tanks in the game) while spec'd in the only two weapon skills he has high and that's a pretty poor match-up for you.
105816, *sigh*
Posted by Buhazan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You would have been useful....GLWYN