Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [BATTLE] Talanus the Master Melody Maker
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=105676
105676, (DELETED) [BATTLE] Talanus the Master Melody Maker
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Jan 22 12:42:00 2012

At 1 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 2nd of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Talanus perished, never to return.
Race:arial
Class:bard
Level:42
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:59
105728, that was quick
Posted by Tontik on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
think i inducted oyu like a week ago and whammo out already oh well was nice having some bards in the village glwyn
105720, Bummer
Posted by Jastyna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks for helping Jastyna. Why did you delete? I was looking forward to more interaction with you.

How was your arial bard experience? Anything you care to share? Did you have any trouble with the song effectiveness?
105693, Why the buhlete?
Posted by Kalash on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Seemed like you were doing pretty well. You made retrieving pretty darn interesting, especially when it was you and anyone else. I swear, it's a good thing I can navigate blind, because holy crap fantasia and dirge was a pain!

Sorry to see you go man, GLWYN
105679, That's too bad.
Posted by Mauz on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I never saw anything but good stuff from you.

You seemed to be powering to hero and I could't tell if that was a rush to Nocturne or if you were gonna make a grab at The Rites.

In either case you will be sorely missed as there's nothing like a Battle Bard to take the blues away.

GLWYN
105678, This makes me sad to see.
Posted by Puhguly on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Two things I would like to suggest.

1) Don't go borderline ooc to attempt an insult.

2) Don't try to go toe to toe with a warrior. It will almost never work.

Battle bard has a bit of a steep curve to it. Especially at higher levels. You had the potential to be a powerhouse if you stuck with the character I think. Sorry it didn't work out for you. GLWYN
105683, re number 2
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really don't agree with this point.

I think perhaps you are the exception because of your legacy and the fact that he can't counter it with a prep.

Generally, bard vs warrior is easy for the bard.
105684, I'd say he's right, for a battle bard at least.
Posted by lasentia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
For a battle bard, warriors are probably one of their hardest fights hands down. Bards rely on commands and initiative. Being bashed into basic perma lag sort of screws them.
105690, That's the thing
My bards have never been permalagged that I can recall. They normally evade before they die. Meanwhile the guy's morale is in the doldrums.
105686, Key words: toe to toe
In a hit and run game, bard will shine. When I say toe to toe, he literally tried to out melee/damage me in pure combat without fleeing or anything.
105691, Ahh, fair enough
Assuming you're using resist mental too.
105695, Nah, I try to keep fights semi interesting for people nt
nt
105677, question about arial bards
Posted by Quixotic on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Is there any way to compensate for that low charisma?
105680, Short answer is no.
Posted by lasentia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
They are passable though with the 18.
They can take skysong which gives them a small boost when singing outdoors. They can take pysch insight too to sing to high int.

But, that's why arial bards are almost all village I think. The low charisma is not so big a deal when you get perma fly and 25 dex. Lower song strength is not important as important to a villager who either has deathblow or crit hit most times, since anthem and the other prep sngs still work well enough and your songs are still effective enough. I'm thinking berserker is actually the best build for an arial bard in the village. With deathblow, command denial via bash would not bother you because you will probably outmelee them with only second attack. Scouts and defenders get shafted though because they rely on commands to survive and so are still vuln bash.

Since arials have 25 dex which they need to evade to live through bashing, and permafly to deal with trip and quicksand, I can certainly see the appeal of an arial bard in the village only. Where as outside the village you can just use a flight potion and so the low charisma then is not worth what you get from being an arial.

At least in my opinion.