Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [SCION] Quinlon SilverHand the Planewalker
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=105573
105573, (CON LOSS) [SCION] Quinlon SilverHand the Planewalker
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue Jan 17 11:20:52 2012

At 3 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 24th of the Month of the Grand Struggle
on the Theran calendar Quinlon perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:conjurer
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:148
105575, Hasta la bye bye
Posted by Quinlon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This was a fun experimental char for me. After figuring out svirf conjie I wanted to give evil human a try. I went chaotic and had this great role idea. The role involved being bound to a demon god and turned into a semi possed prophet that would find the chosen one to bring forth the demon gods armies to Thera to conquer it. I got to the possesed part of it and just got bored and was having fun with the "charasmatic" version and kept rolling.

My conclusion is that conjies are so much like AP's. As you collect the little perks and gear you can snowball very rapidly from mildly annoying to terrifying. I also think the ifrit is my favorite familiar now.

Reksah: Thanks for the random induct. I pledged early but wasn't until later I really started taking it seriously and doing the hoops I was running out of con rapidly. You just popped in after I ate an embarrasing death (honestly the thought of entwine+manacles didn't even register in my list of things to look out for in fighting the guy I was after, didn't know he was a whip spec) and basically took pity on a guy with 9 con. After that I really did try and step up my RP and commitment to the char and I think it reflected, thanks for the opportunity.

Besruks: You rock for that thing that we shall never speak of. :P

Scree: We were like peanutbutter and jelly. We clicked and worked well together with very little in the way of coordination and it was spectacular. I am amazed at your ability to seal kills as an invoker.

ZynZyn: You rocked my world. I just love your creative ability to keep coming up with things to occupy yourself and the ability to point out things I must have passed a million times and never noticed that were really cool.

Bards: Fiend was the complete and total undoing of me, I feared tha nightmares! make them stop!!!!!

and goodbye to the rest of my friends!
105576, RE: Hasta la bye bye
Posted by Besruks on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Awesome travler, mastermind, muaurading, murderer, enjoyed every bit of time runnin round with ya in the name of mayhem, dam thoose hugry demons
105577, RE: Hasta la bye bye
Posted by Badduah on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked Quinlon. I always was curious to know if we would run into each other later in life. I say this in reference to the time you gaunted me to the arial city. I was a pledge at the time and suspected there was a good chance you were either a Scion or a pledge. Of course, you would have had no way of knowing I was a pledge at that time! Anyways, I had for during the times we ran around together.
105579, You killed me linkdead!!!!!!!!
Posted by Nivaen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I friggin hate when that happens, and yes knowing who you are, I know
you would never have done that had you known, but I guess sometimes that is the wow factor of CF... and so you know, when I asked you about it, it was around 90 mins since I had lost it... so Im not sure if it was awhile or not since you killed me... I also tryed to convey to you that I wasnt pissed about it... now what I am mad about...

the imm who told me what happened, gave me a challenge of bringing you his head, now... alas... I shall never see that opportunity... le sigh...

ahwell, dont want to run on, but wish we could have fought more and GLWYN!
105580, Yeah about that
Posted by quinlon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
To be entirely honest I was surprised as hell when I did warp dimension at the inner and suddenly there was someone hitting me. Its kind of hard to keep track of who is doing what with all the spam of a scion conjie with all of his pets and an inner all going nuts. I fled out, your pursuit kicked in and it was over fast. It wasn't until you sent me tells that it really occured to me you were link dead I can't usually keep track of where people I can't normally see are and assume it takes everyone forever to get back to their corpse at the tree.

Have you ever tried to kill a scion conjie with an ifrit familiar as a ranger? It would have been a significant challenge for you to surprise me (I heart ifrit)
105587, RE: Yeah about that
Posted by Nivaen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Let me live my dream brother, let me!!!!!! ;)
105583, RE: Hasta la bye bye
Posted by scree on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Enjoyed running with you. Sorry I don't always think to shield your pets when we raid but I can't use triggers and am running on something barely a step up from telnet so it's sometimes hard to keep track of everything I should. Glad our time meshed together so many times.

glwyn
105591, Well done
Posted by Argivo on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I did my best to make you misstep, but in general you handled things beautifully. I could tell that this was your first evil conjurer, on account of the fact I wasn't getting two-rounded but sending you packing more often than not :P I think you never had good locations or discovered all three wands, from what I could tell.

Your RP was great as far I was concerned. You were a really fun enemy, but Argivo tends to ignore the trash/talk banter or else take it too seriously.

I didn't realize the final death was your condeath. I feel tawdry for not sticking around to RP the final moments now, although Argivo had IC reasons.
105595, RE: Well done
Posted by laxman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>I did my best to make you misstep, but in general you handled
>things beautifully. I could tell that this was your first evil
>conjurer, on account of the fact I wasn't getting two-rounded
>but sending you packing more often than not :P I think you
>never had good locations or discovered all three wands, from
>what I could tell.
>

Not my first evil conjie. I found none of my wands so I used devils way way more then I wanted to and I worked hard to cultivate the image that I wasn't someone you needed to teleport away from instantly

>Your RP was great as far I was concerned. You were a really
>fun enemy, but Argivo tends to ignore the trash/talk banter or
>else take it too seriously.
>
>I didn't realize the final death was your condeath. I feel
>tawdry for not sticking around to RP the final moments now,
>although Argivo had IC reasons.

It wasn't I still
Had 5 left but I needed the char gone so I let my fam die to avoid the hero rage delete timer
105593, RE: Hasta la bye bye
Posted by Vokharin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Enjoyed our fights and when you and Scree would blitz the refuge (NOT!) From hearing the centaur yell to the spirit dying I could word, wand up and almost get to the cabal sometimes. So it always made for some proper guerilla tactics in regaining the fetish.

CF is always more fun when people like you play characters with gusto and I will actually miss you as an enemy.

GLWYN
105594, RE: Hasta la bye bye
Posted by Zynzyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Why thanks for the kind words, good sir! I thought Quinlon was cool early on, and I was glad you finally got inducted. I wish we could have run around more...maybe with your next incarnation?? If not, I'm sure we'll have some good fights if I'm still around.

105603, RE: Hasta la bye bye
Posted by Reksah on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I actually watched you from afar a fair amount while you were playing around as a lowbie/applicant. You didn't seem to make getting inducted a very big priority, so I never pushed the issue.

I wasn't a huge fan of the role, but it would be fun to see you playing a Scion again. And yeah, ifrit is pretty neat.
105643, RE: Hasta la bye bye
Posted by Mhag on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Were you Darren? Seemed to have a similar mentality (game play wise), Really enjoyed the character with the Jekyl and Hyde personality switches. Theres been a few changes to the interpretation of the law about conjurors, so some of the #### you did wasnt really flaggable any more, and other times evidence seemed slim :) I really liked the fights we had .... 4 vs 2 to you I think it looks like, but you werent afraid to throw down, some days I'd of gone through 100g and some con, and just be like UH, I cant be doing with getting stomped again :) Other times I tried to get on your good side, make use of you etc. Given the two chars fights and interactions in game and the role you had it was a shame your con loss came so soon. GLYWN
105644, Not darren
Posted by laxman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yeah I am glad the chaotic came across