Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Thrabraka the Student of the Macalla
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=105571
105571, (RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Thrabraka the Student of the Macalla
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue Jan 17 11:04:58 2012

At 5 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 23rd of the Month of the Grand Struggle
on the Theran calendar Thrabraka perished, never to return.
Race:felar
Class:warrior
Level:48
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:92
105588, Post that fight if you have it
Posted by Garm on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't have it logged but was expecting to hit unspeak ambush
there and do more damage overall.

Curious to see your perspective, either here or qhcf.
105589, I didn't log any fights on Braka really.
Posted by TripHitNdip on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Or I would. I saw you when I was entering the cave and said #### it, I'll just go ahead and walk down there and die and cut my losses :P

That's why I danced around for a second before I came down to refresh resist. It was still up for 1 hour when you ambushed. I definitely still had my vuln fire though, I didn't have a felar hide then yet.
105578, Thrabraka was a lot of fun.
Hadn't ever played a hand spec and I was bored over Christmas break so I decided to roll one and see how they did. I was pretty amazed how people say you can't only have hand as a main spec, I thought it was quite powerful and while it may not be superior in killing people, you sure win way more fights than you lose it seemed.

I knew I wasn't going to be super deathful but my whole character focus was to be the best defender for the village as I could. Always around healing and not focusing on pk as much and let the berserkers handle it. I think I did a pretty good job at that, I saved quite a few lives and I really enjoyed the current batch of battle.

The build was h2h/dagger with Calming and Cry. Wanted to field dressing/berserk/cry for lots of healing and survivability. It was pretty awesome for mages, but anyone with bash or bearcharge was rough. I died three times 2 to Krunk and that wicked pole spec giant, and one to Garm with fire ambushes before I got a felar hide.

All in all, a fun character with some good times. I was just hopeless against the likes of Eleagra, Scree, Puhguly, and the main powerhouses. And I never saw a battle IMM in 100 hours, so that was kinda sad. Anyways, gotta get ready for school starting this week, I'll post a few battle goodbyes and reply to any others, have fun in the fields!

-------------

Akedeh - Rediculous build, and great leader. Everyone's got a lot of respect for you and as a character and player I obviously do too.

Tontik - Was great the few times I got to roll with you. You inspired me to roll battle after all your tough little svirf logs, then you poofed and I only saw you twice my whole life! I was sad about that, but those two times were good times.

Zasmos - You cracked my #### up. I laughed at almost everything you said. Such an awesome sense of humor and great RP, I wish we could have hung out more.

Boggom - You are a little monster, but for Braka's lifetime, you were in the same boat as Tontik. I felt so bad for you about your connection. Good luck until the end.

Mauz - You were hands down one of my favorites, you always kept trucking and I felt like I got pretty close to you. I loved everything about your character and how unfearful and well played you are. Good job.

Hresth - We were getting pretty tight there at the end. I feel like you're someone I've had characters stand beside before and I digged your tenacity.

Ileurha - You don't come off like a serial battle player, but you sure seem like you're getting the ropes quickly. You seem like one of those characters like Tontik, slow start but keep rocking and I feel like you are going to be really great.

Iepneir - Another one of my favorites, you RP a strikingly good scout, it was always awesome when you were one. I knew where everyone was and I feel like we meshed well.

Krunk - #### you! =P My gosh you were tough, very well done Orc. I'm sure you have a bright future if you keep playing like you are.

Zynzyn - I already knew how fun you were when I had Alashandru. I would randomly send you tells because I just knew I was going to get something funny. That eternal zucchini comment was gold. Good luck on Liching.

Take care all.
Trip
105581, Loved Braka.
Posted by Mauz on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were actually the best defender I've ever seen at work, and I can imagine how much that might detract from some of the fun of CF. You'd basically put your game on hold so you could patch the giant up from writhing to perfect health, and that guy has a lot of hp.

I was hoping that this would attract the attention of the powers that be and you'd get a chance to become Captain of the Shields (a position unfilled for a decade.)

Did you have any cabal edges? Because your poultices were really good.

Anyway, I wanted to see you go a long way with this character, but when you gotta go, you gotta go.

GLWYN
105582, That's what I was hoping for!
I really like to play my defenders as just that, instead of using the powers more for pk'ing people.

I sware the giant gets more than 150 hp from dressings like players do. I could patch him up pretty quickly, the Destructor as well. But no, I never got any edges, I was trying my hardest to get noticed for it. There were a *bunch* of times where villagers would commend me for my healing and quickness with it, but it never caught anyones attention. I'm sure if I would have stuck with it longer I would have had a shot at Captain of the Shields though.

Thanks for the kind comments, and hopefully I get to play with you again someday.