Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AUTO) [OUTLANDER] Zosi the Diamond in the Rough
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=105351
105351, (AUTO) [OUTLANDER] Zosi the Diamond in the Rough
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Jan 5 06:36:03 2012

At 3 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 31st of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Zosi perished, never to return.
Race:wood-elf
Class:ranger
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:333
105371, Rubbish! I hoped you would make it back after saying goodbye in the refuge.
Posted by Abernyte on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Quality character!
105359, Well done.
Posted by Onya on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Great character. Again, it's always nice to have strong competent allies at your side, and you fit that bill. We had some interesting talks as well. You'll be missed. Take care, and GLWYN.
105352, Booooo. (n/t)
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
105353, Seconded
Posted by Rolas on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Zosi's last interaction with me was you assuring me that you would be around more :P
105354, RE: Booooo. (n/t)
Posted by ORB on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was curious. I rarely rarely see you tattoo anyone. What makes a character like Zosi stand out to gain the mark?
105356, Usually
Posted by Dallevian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
it is by achieving a pre-established and mutual set of goals. With a dash of competence.
105357, RE: Booooo. (n/t)
There's usually a sort of rhythm to it and a series of goals and conversations. Daevryn is really big on specific, concrete achievement.

In Zosi's particular case, I wasn't around a lot for most of his early life, but he had built up a good rep through other people watching him. Then for a while I would manage to catch him online when I had other stuff going on (e.g. baby) and couldn't really focus on CF enough for long enough to do a real interview, but I would keep half an eye on him and he always seemed cool to me.

By the time Daevryn and Zosi actually got to talk for the first time I already was pretty well predisposed to like him.
105361, Great rp
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was an outlander app for an eternity, and Zosi's rp was one of the few things to make being stuck as an applicant an enjoyable experience.
105362, RE: Great rp
One thing I did not get, he was very buddy buddy with a dwarven paladin at the time. Raiding together, aiding each other when I knocked them out, etc. Any idea what that is about because it seems like that kind of stuff would get you kicked from Outlander not made Harbinger?
105366, No idea
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I wasn't aware he was doing that. I personally consider that pretty bleh.

But all I saw of the character was great. Didn't pick anything up that would explain why he'd want to hang with a pally.

When I played my Innis (outlander imm) Pally, I know outlanders were generally non-hostile but they also generally kept their distance.
105367, RE: Great rp
Posted by GarwernPally on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Zosi and I fought, a lot. In fact he killed me at least two times off the top of my head, so I wouldn't call that buddy/buddy. We were cordial to each other, and had lot of heavy-on-the-RP sit down conversations. and that's mainly due to a mixture of mutual respect that was cultured through religious debates(he had a very interesting take on Fire, my sphere).

The time that you likely remember the most is when we coincidentally raided Empire at the same time- we also fought each other right after the council died, as I brought the Codex away and he didn't like that.

Hope that clears it up.
105368, I had a similiar situation with Lohoq
Posted by Hopelessdwarf on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We had fought a few times, then we both found each other in Daev's shrine, it was pretty comical. Long story short, we fought a bit, then realized we'd be better off talking as enemies (I had him marked) and we sat in the wilds for his benefit. Anyway it was a great conversation and a pretty fun moment.

105374, RE: Great rp
I remeber that happening more than once. Also remember them fighting through centurions to rescue a paladin I had slept and was singing up in Balator. Might have been a skewed view, but still seemed a little bleh.
105403, RE: Great rp
Posted by GrahamC on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>I was an outlander app for an eternity, and Zosi's rp was one
>of the few things to make being stuck as an applicant an
>enjoyable experience.

ironic, it helped me delete my outlander.
105370, I found it odd
Posted by Bolzhor on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You had Zosi, a tattooed follower, literally throw away 15+ deaths to Taerg/Bolzhor in the village in maybe a 3 hour RL span. Is that the type of behavior you expect from a tattooed follower?
105372, Depends on the goal and wether or not he achieved it I would assume.
Posted by Abernyte on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
ll
105378, RE: I found it odd
It wouldn't be expected, exactly, but I don't think it was out of line for Zosi's role.
105355, Seconded.
Posted by Illanthos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Damnit Zosi! I was enjoying our philisophical debates. I was holding out hope that you had different play hours/were perma camo'd, but I suppose it was not meant to be.