Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Faulkren A'krei the Legend of the Battlefield, Mageslayer
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=105083
105083, (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Faulkren A'krei the Legend of the Battlefield, Mageslayer
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Dec 17 20:23:35 2011

At 2 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 27th of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Faulkren perished, never to return.
Race:arial
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:181
105193, RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Faulkren A'krei the Legend of the Battlefield, Mageslayer
Posted by Zen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

And so it ends! When I started out, I made the conscious decision to not back down from fights--and it turned into a great role with Akresius' religion, always seeking the challenge that meant they were going to die, or you were going to die, and the fact that the risk existed was what made the fight beautiful.

Seeking out those tough fights led to my most successful pk-wise character to date, and one of the most fun villager's I've had as well. I'd go up against the Mummies with full armies, Fjodir, whoever was nasty (Puhguly :-P), and groups with a sort of "here goes nothing" attitude, hence con dying in under 200 hours, but it was the surprising few times when I actually came out on top of these situations that made it all worthwhile, like gambling and winning.

Interacted with lots of quality folk with Faulkren, both allies and enemies. I have a horrible memory, so if I didn't mention you please post and I'll respond. Family has been in town, and I'll post some more goodbyes in the next few days.

Thanks to everyone who made Faulkren so enjoyable to play!

Faulkren/Unalethekai/Dughain/Eralisthel/Biarmica/Gaeldrian/Kehlkulan/Oggie/Ouli/Ralvo/Tarudan/Colwri

105198, Wow. Great character list.
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You've both hated my guts and been my biggest ally at times. I guess that means we are both doing something right.

My favorites, for obvious reasons, were Dughain and Unalethekai. I was really sad when you deleted Dughain (and both Ghrim and I agreed with you about Karkarrak, sorry my role dictated that I had to let that play out the way it did) mainly because you were my hope for the village future.

Sorry I rubbed you the wrong way as Jindicho (re: Colwri). You just really were exactly the type of character that he would #### with the most due to your beliefs and his ability to get the upperhand over you.

Make another soon! We miss you in the fields!
105200, RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Faulkren A'krei the Legend of the Battlefield, Mageslayer
Posted by Rogran on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Man, that is one hell of a list of characters. I think I interacted with all but a couple. Like Faulkren, was sad that you were such a nasty Criminal that I couldn't do more with you. That last bit of ranking got me smacked a bit. Good job though, role a tribby now and come have fun with us.
105201, RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Faulkren A'krei the Legend of the Battlefield, Mageslayer
Posted by Rayihn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
There were sometimes I half wondered if two different people played this char. Some days I thought you were just awesome and some days I was grumbling and wanting to take xp away. I didn't though! Instead, I gave xp for the awesome times.

Good luck on your next, this was a good character for you. Keep up with more awesome and less meh!
105204, RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Faulkren A'krei the Legend of the Battlefield, Mageslayer
Posted by Zen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's true--sometimes I find it easier than others to have a nice, "c'est la vie" attitude RE: the more irksome aspects of the game.

I can proudly say that with Faulkren, there was only a single occasion where my frustration as a player bled through. Not proud of that, but I think I pulled out of a tailspin and brought it back on track with the role, Puhguly can speak to whether or not that's true. Details of the situation aren't so important, and it's in the past.

Thanks for the kudos--I have a much better time during those times when my better half is the one at the keyboard and will always try to keep it that way. It's a growing process, to be sure.

105209, Like I said in my post..
Posted by Puhguly on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I as a player felt bad about that interaction that made you lose it. For a second, I saw you as a frustrated player come through. I also would like to say that you indeed did a fantastic job on spinning it back in line.

To me, some of the finest moments and things that can make an interaction the most memorable are the times when there is some mild error and then a correction. I just hope that you also felt like I acted as the character, not as the player in our interactions.
105206, I generally liked what I saw of this character.
Posted by Twist on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I didn't watch a whole lot, and had fairly limited interaction via my mortals, but they were pretty much all positive (even as an enemy).
105156, RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Faulkren A'krei the Legend of the Battlefield, Mageslayer
Posted by Odrallag on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Great job. Well done getting mage slayer. Was definitely a fan of Faulkren. From my perspective, both mortal and imm (limited to CB and tells, but still) you were a very good villager. GLWYN and see you in the fields.
105124, RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Faulkren A'krei the Legend of the Battlefield, Mageslayer
Posted by Argivo on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well played character, Argivo had a lot of respect for your straight up approach and your appreciation of beauty in battle, and also that you never ran from...anything, as far as I saw. Were you an Akresius follower?

105111, Sorry for letting you bleed out!
Posted by Kalash on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I didn't realize you were that close, so I waited for you to try and pass me at the entrance and get away. :)

I loved your character, there seemed to be a lot more depth to it than just the "I'm a villager I kill mages." You caught me with my pants down at the most horrible moments ever, hehe.

Great character, looking forward to the next.

Kal
105108, Great character, well done!
Posted by Puhguly on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Top notch rp and just class act character all around. I as a player felt bad about that one incident that caused a bit of a meltdown for you. I also feel like I did a decent job of making it up to you by giving you plenty of fights after where I made a conscious effort to push the luck and give you a solid shot of killing me. Hopefully the fact that everytime I gambled with you in a close fight, you won helped make it fun. GLWYN, come play Nexus!
105093, RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Faulkren A'krei the Legend of the Battlefield, Mageslayer
Posted by Ganoric on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
A good character all around. I knew you from 2 other characters, however since Ganoric is still alive, I will not mention who. Keep up the good work and GLWYN
105084, Good job
Posted by Behyr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I hardly had any interaction with you but from what I saw
always seemed like a class act. Well played. GLWYN
105095, RE: Good job
Posted by Tontik on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
man cant believe you condied before me hahaha, guess leader con has some benifites, oh well you were alaround a great char, and mixed it up quite well, gratz on the mageslayer

tontik