Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectRE: My farewells
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=10445&mesg_id=10484
10484, RE: My farewells
Posted by Lardovian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Not paying attention?
Whenever I saw you on or heard your whisperings about I moved to the edge of my seat and opened a browser to dictionary.com (trust me, it helped me get through some of those discussions a lot). After that, it was all about thinking out some way of replying/riposting without backing down or losing the initiative.
Lardovian didn't mind standing in front of a Lich as he'd already met Dullameh and had somehow gotten around the fears often associated with these bony beings. True, the Devilfather himself is an other thing altogether but the basics were the same to Lardovian. At first I was fully convinced that you would just point a finger at me and say die.... but eventually, that didn't happen so I took my chance and got a conversation going. The rest is history

Verbal sparring is often the most challenging one and the one I tend to enjoy the most as there is no better way to catch someone off guard than with a wellplaced sentence that twists what they said back at them :P
Done gently and in a not-too-insulting way it can often grant you an interesting argument and in the end perhaps a new friend/ally or perhaps getting an enemy of your back.

What I got of you was far more than I had ever expected so I don't mind if I missed out any additionals even though you now sparked my curiosity }>

Anyway, take care and hang in there. Not all the players out there are TLB's and I think most of them are on CF to have a good time which I think many of them get if they look hard enough.

Lardovian