Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [NEXUS] Ruon o'Lindra the Hand of Faith
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=104387
104387, (RAGE DELETE) [NEXUS] Ruon o'Lindra the Hand of Faith
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Nov 16 17:50:33 2011

At 3 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 32nd of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Ruon perished, never to return.
Race:half-elf
Class:healer
Level:45
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:78
104423, TWIST: A request
Posted by Welverin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mind giving me feedback on my role and what you liked?

I know I know buy the pbf, but I was hoping anyways.
104427, Role.
Posted by Twist on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
In short, I qualified each role entry I read on whether they had a character summary. If they didn't have a character summary, they got thrown out immediately. If they did, how good was it? Did it tell me why this cabal, this hometown, this sphere, this class, etc?

Other times role contests will be won by great storytelling. I wanted this one to be a throwback to the original intent of roles - explain to the imms who might be watching and wondering "what is this character's deal?"

So yeah. The point was sort of, to some degree, to make this RC maybe more open to, say, an ESL player who just puts in the meat and potatoes of the character concept than maybe some other RC's are.
104398, Now who's gonna be my partner in crime?
Posted by Gortanvil on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I hope you didn't think I was stealing thunder.

Gorty
104406, RE: Now who's gonna be my partner in crime?
Nah, I think you were cool. I was actually thinking the same thing. I'll be back though.
104394, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [NEXUS] Ruon o'Lindra the Hand of Faith
Posted by Nichaus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Man, you rocked. I loved the time we got to spend together. Again thanks for leading me in the dream and trying to get me to talk to "W". My wife had just got home from work when you took me there so i had to leave. Wish i could have stayed. You were really one of my favorite IC friends and i hope to find you in the fields! GLWYN
104409, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [NEXUS] Ruon o'Lindra the Hand of Faith
I liked you, and you were my Ahah moment with Ruon and how I needed to be the Helping guy who just did what he could for people. I wish I'd caught you earlier in life so that I might have helped you with the whole finding wands thing. I totally understand the whole have to go thing. Ruon really liked Nichaus. Felt kind of like a little brother.

You'll see me, I'm to dang addicted to this game not to come back.
104389, Goodbyes
Well here goes another one. Yep didn't even break the 78 hour mark. After a while, it just wasn't any fun for a variety of reasons. Not the least of which is my total inablility to play a healer. Basically, I couldn't do anything near solo retreiving if there was ever any kind of opposition, my options were limited to run or hide or both. I hate having to sit somewhere out of the way, with nothing to do knowing that I have 0 chance of retreiving on my own.

Whiysdan - Man you rock, I knew you would. It was fun, and you made it that way. Wish the RP could have been enough, but it wasn't. I'll definitly role another follower in the future, but it won't be a healer, that's for sure.

Twist - Thanks for the RC. Spectral hammer was cool, but it didn't hit for crap on anything with any kind of Damage reduction and if I didn't concentrate on keeping myself healed, I'd just die anyways. Could be that I just didn't have it learned enough, but I couldn't see it in my supps list so I have no idea on the impact. The edge was probably cool too, but I was without the key so much that it really became a moot point. However, it was cool to win again. Thanks for reading my stuff and thinking it was cool.

Nexus - You guys were pretty cool, but my play time mostly didn't mesh with a lot of you. I'd get some time with the Ryme and Meter in the early mornings my time, then sporadically I'd see some others show up during the day, but mostly in the last week it felt like me vs. a whole crapton of villagers.

sorry to disapoint everyone again, but in the end I play to have fun, and this just didn't have the funstick that I had hoped it would.

post and I'll reply.

104391, Bleh
Posted by Puhguly on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Great char from the limited runs we had. Hopefully you come back to the Isle with something that keeps the fun stick alive. GLWYN
104410, RE: Bleh
Yeah, This was my second serious attempt at Nexus. MUCH better than the first IMO. I think I had a better idea on it all around. I'll do it again, this time with something that's more fun for me.
104392, RE: Goodbyes
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Basically, I couldn't do anything
>near solo retreiving if there was ever any kind of opposition,
>my options were limited to run or hide or both.

Yeah. If you're solo and you need to fight someone *and* kill an outer you're pretty much screwed as a midlevel healer. That's more a function of the class than your ability with it.

The best you can reasonably do is to somehow manage to kill the opposition character (probably easier if you can catch them away from their cabal, actually), and if it's more than one person, probably forget about it.

What you can do is be a huge help to anyone else on your side trying to get something done. Being the only person from your cabal on is about the least fun time for most healers.
104393, Unless you are Shura.
Posted by lasentia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wish I had a healer around when I was in the Island!
104416, RE: Unless you are Shura.
That's why I left an exemption for people who are able to PK with a healer. :)

(Which probably doesn't include me, anymore.)
104465, Insects and beast call helped alot too.
Posted by ORB on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Though of course it still takes skill to rack up that many kills with a healer, just don't think you could rack up as many solo as a nexun.
104466, RE: Insects and beast call helped alot too.
Well, the context is what you do as a solo healer without your cabal item.
104470, Play 12 hours a day so you're never without your cabal item :P nt
Posted by Artificial on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
104397, Vinq agrees
Posted by Gaspar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
so boring
104408, RE: Goodbyes
Yeah, pretty much. I dug Nexus this time around. It was a much better experience for me. I think I'll go back with something thats a bit more fun for me.
104395, Not a bad time!
Posted by Juruji on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Your willingness to do stuff made me happy. I never got the feeling I was pulling teeth in dragging you around the times we ran together so that made for a pleasant enough experience.

It's not exactly fun retrieving a cabal item knowing full well that it will be taken again immediately and with great ease. I think today was the first time it started to get to me, too, so I understand.

Oh well. Good luck, see you around, be careful of rolling another Forty!
104407, RE: Not a bad time!
I could definitly sense the same frustration. I've actualy been on the other side of it in Fort. I realy did try to play a good support character, one who had no problem helping anyone. It was just unfun in the end.
104464, Hate to see a healer delete
Posted by Jardir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
When you was around and I died, (which I do that a lot) I felt like you took it as your fault. Just so you know it wasn't. I typically have a lot of time to get out and survive when things go bad, but tend to try and hope the RNG goes my way enough that I win one.

Like you said if it isn't fun, then don't play it. Good luck with your next however.
104388, BOOOO!
Posted by Whiysdan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And so there goes my favorite healer. I really enjoyed our interactions. Bummer you deleted. Regardless, I hope you had some fun.

"W"
104390, Truth be told
The times we talked were the highlight of the character. I knew you'd be awesome as soon as you got a religion. I'll come back with something for sure. Don't stop doing what you do.