Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [None] Grongt the Annihilator of Villages
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=104366
104366, (RAGE DELETE) [None] Grongt the Annihilator of Villages
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue Nov 15 21:32:11 2011

At 11 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 35th of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Grongt perished, never to return.
Race:orc
Class:berserker
Level:43
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:61
104367, Meh.
Posted by Twist on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It was fun orcing it up for a while.

To my nigh-perma leveling buddies (two separate duergar shamen, Reekai, a few Scions, and so on), it was fun.

I probably should have just kept playing him and leveled to 50 and all that - I had a ton of edgepoints saved up to take the Lug edge. But after dying to a level 34 mob, at level 43, when I started at full health...I just couldn't find the will to walk from orc village to my corpse. :P
104368, RE: Meh.
Posted by Yuzxra on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I killed twist, I killed twist, I killed twist! You were rather honor bound as an orc and I liked that and mixed it up, the one time you got me sleeping outside my guild without aura I couldn't help but smirk.
104369, You got -an orc-. Heh. nt
Posted by Splntrd on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
a
104399, Darn!
Posted by Gortanvil on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I did like our fight across the plains, but alas I'm stupid. Got to learn somewhere right?
104428, Yeah...
If I hadn't played paladin a few times against some wily, tricksome orcs, I'd have sucked a lot worse with Grongt than I did.

My paladins at hero used to just sorta think that orcs were speedbumps. Then they'd get spinebroken, the orc would heal up, and sanc would fall before spinebreak was gone, and suddenly I'd be thinking "Ah crap."

And I know you aren't a paladin but the analogy is roughly the same with a shaman.
104447, Honestly id rather be a shaman 10000% over a paladin vs orcs
Posted by Sasaek on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If your a paladin you can be lagged to death by bash..where as a shaman people just assume you have protective shield up all the time...and when they dont is the time you normally do have it up.
104402, RE: Meh.
Posted by Argivo on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Twist, you are my idol as a CF player. Thank you for making the game more fun with your characters.

A level 43 orc bashing up a hero Maran? Without another orc or massive prep or an npc servitor? I was really impressed with the gutsiness of the first fight, but completely secure I would outdamage. I stayed around blinded half hoping that I could lure you into rushing or staying around for a kill, but you came back prepared and I had to leave to heal up myself, plus the Empire started raiding and the Marshal was calling.

Jumping in to help Crushan seal the fight against you later that day while I was being ganged by 3 imperials, and then getting out alive was the high point of my day, which otherwise was pretty bad. Was that intended as a trap?

A real pleasure to interact with ANY of your characters! And I don't even want to think about how miserable you could have made Argivo's life if you gained momentum as an orc. especially with the other tough orc characters around.

104426, Not really intended as a trap...
I knew they'd be raiding and neither could touch Crushan, thought maybe I could surprise him, but I stayed too long and couldn't flee when you cried in.
104433, re:Meh
Posted by Bronkgrm on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Damn feisty orc, couldn't believe how quick you came back at me in full health.
Good battle for sure.
104438, Yeah...
I think I got you a few times, and you got me at least once. You were one of the few that I could get to stick around after I fled and came back with full(ish) health from drinking blood.
104434, RE: Meh.
Posted by Dubhslan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Caught you one time just standing in the Weald, figured you were DC or something, then you moved and I jumped on you, couldn't get the cranial in time to keep you around though.
104439, I think I was watching to see if you'd attack...
There were a few in pk range and I was hoping to be Opportunistic Bastard Orc and jump someone (anyone) while they fought someone else.

Didn't work out that way though :P
104444, RE: I think I was watching to see if you'd attack...
Posted by Dubhslan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ha, helps when you have chameleon ;) so sat there blended, kept scanning north waiting for you to move, you didn't so i moved to you, still didn't move, then you took something out of a sack or trunk and said yep skull bashin time. lol but alas the orcs are too quick to run away :P