Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [None] Apolonio Fodonis the Master of the Beasts
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=104255
104255, (RAGE DELETE) [None] Apolonio Fodonis the Master of the Beasts
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Nov 14 10:38:48 2011

At 10 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 2nd of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Apolonio perished, never to return.
Race:arial
Class:ranger
Level:43
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:77
104258, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [None] Apolonio Fodonis the Master of the Beasts
Posted by Rayihn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This character confused me. Pledged Fort app but didn't really seem to try to get in the cabal. You seemed competent and I was (as ALWAYS) looking forward to having a solid Fort ranger in.

Well, good luck on your next.
104260, He seemed pretty weak to me, pk-wise
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So maybe he decided to go for a different build.
104263, RE: He seemed pretty weak to me, pk-wise
He deleted 7-2. I don't consider that *weak*.
104267, didn't meet him but 1 kill per 11 hours is in fact weak. nt
Posted by laxman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
104268, RE: didn't meet him but 1 kill per 11 hours is in fact weak. nt
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
For Fort or Fort-like ranger it really isn't. In fact I'd be hard pressed to name one that did better.
104272, 1 kill per 11 hours rates fourth in goodie ranger deathfulness scale.
Posted by DurNominator on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
There are 18 other goodie rangers with PBF according to Dioxide's PBF stats list. In terms of PK ratio, 7-2 would rate third for goodie rangers.
104276, Fort Ranger is definitely not a power combo...
Posted by Malakhi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Which hasn't stopped me from trying it once or thrice :)

My great plans always fall awry somewhere between the ease of leveling/limited PK enemies/limited cabal-enemycabal wilderness.
104269, This is a PK mud but
It's also an RP mud. PK'ing doesn't come that easily to, I'd say, most of the playerbase.
104271, 7-2 is damn weak, actually
Posted by Explosion on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
7-2
70-20
140-40

There were time when I've deleted if i died pre-hero. Now I'll delete if I'll die 2-3 times pre-hero (except for necros, though I've deleted couple of necros after their first PK death in mid 30-40) :)

Everyone have different "requirements". Probalby this build was lacking something for a comfortable play? For example, if I'd play new class, I wouldn't care much for PK deaths. If I'd play known class and would be concerned of my PK ratio, I'd surely delete at 7-2.
104327, I'd say that it is in the context
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
In the mid ranks, goodies significantly outnumbered evils most of the time during the times I saw him playing. That meant that when things went against him and he was going to die, he was sometimes rescued. Also, because the pendulum swings quite wildly in the hero ranges (from a bunch of evils vs almost no goods, to a bunch of goods vs almost no evils) there were plentiful opportunities to bag retrievers.

As someone who fought him, I'm pretty sure that, had he had a different ranger build, he could have easily doubled those kills while still picking exactly the same fights as he was picking.
104264, Pledging Fort seems more difficult than other cabals...
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
...for this reason: You kinda have to be an attention whore. Most of the Fort heroes (I know, I've played one) aren't exactly trying to do a ton of interviews.

It's kind of an interesting conundrum.

Counterpoint: Why didn't you just induct him? Not wanting to step on leader's toes?
104265, I always thought it was same for basically every other cabal.
Posted by Vortex Magus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Getting into a cabal is mostly a factor of consistent logins + whoring for leader/imm attention.

I know very few leaders who prefer to chase down their applicants rather than having their applicants chase them down. There is usually a lot more to do when you're a leader than there is when you're a lowbie applicant, and so induction is dependent on the applicant getting your attention and standing out.
104325, Scion/Empire/Battle don't really have those problems :)
Scion, just be an evil badass. Leadership/IMM induction will seek you out.

Empire, um, bloodoath. And kissing ass is required only if you are competant enough to get Elite :)

Battle is actually pretty easy. Just walk the walk. I know when I was Commander (and I'm sure Flaaayin did this as well) I tried to keep tabs on most of the applicants. Just tried to talk to them a little bit, and BATTLE really really loves more ragers, so it's not that bad.

Fort is rough. I've had several applicants. Only one squire much less Maran.
104266, RE: Pledging Fort seems more difficult than other cabals...
Well the obvious answer to that is...he never asked. Considering the culture some of our players have of avoiding imms, avoiding immteraction, or just being plain scared of imms, my policy is generally "I'm here, you can come talk to me, but I'm not going to chase you down." I did mention this guy to my leaders and they were like...well, he hasn't written a note, hasn't talked to anyone of the Fort, and is always camo.

If he had come to me, I would still direct him to my leaders, but I would also probably tell my leaders next time I saw them that I'd talked to the guy and sent him to them.
104273, RE: Pledging Fort seems more difficult than other cabals...
Posted by Explosion on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Considering the culture some of our players have of avoiding
>imms, avoiding immteraction, or just being plain scared of
>imms

I thought I'm alone there. Glad that I'm not only one in that boat. because all I see uring last year is how imms are screwing my characters (with raaaaaaaaaaaaare exceptions).

When playing CF nowdays I have a feeling that CF became players-vs-imms game. Something like a duel with the bare hands vs machinegun armed robocops. Of course, if you are not imm-favorite veteran (I won't point on those favorites, but pretty sure everyone knows who they are).
104282, Yeah this is probably only true for you
Posted by Artificial on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I've had some ####ty experiences with imms, sure, but most of the time they don't know or care who is playing what char, unless you're a douchebag or have obvious tells (and are a douchebag).

I don't know what chars you've played (or care), but I imagine you have some #### move you pull on every char and get noticed negatively, or else you are just imagining that imms are out to get you because you have the same persecution complex most of the players who feel the same as you do.
104316, I have never had a bad interaction with an imm EVER.
Posted by Tesline on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Though never could do religions..too hard for me.
104318, My one bad experience was a failure on both sides (imo).
Posted by Artificial on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And it was regarding a religion, and my lack of understanding/direction.
104324, I would say on the whole...
...I've had nothing but pleasant interactions with Immortals.

Of course, there's always one or two instances where I felt they could have handled things better, but it's a thankless job in a lot of ways.

PS Damn you Khaso still for deleting! I haven't had the courage to try empowerment since :(
104458, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [None] Apolonio Fodonis the Master of the Beasts
Posted by Maquiavel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I know what I should do to get in, but I wanted to earn it showing service, not just talking to someone and get recomendations. The problem is that I didn't had many oportunities to defend the Maran from raids.
This was a comeback char after 10-12 monts of break.
Thanks to whoever gave me the lastname, I just couldn't believe i got one without any role/roleplay.