Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [BATTLE] Bolzhor the Legend of the Battlefield
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=104125
104125, (DELETED) [BATTLE] Bolzhor the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Nov 10 10:22:09 2011

At 7 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 11th of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Bolzhor perished, never to return.
Race:minotaur
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:243
104156, Wish I "Could not play the village" like you did
Posted by Tzar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked you, and you was a true villager - never seen you ganking, coming with the fort's mages (like many of current villagers did) or did anything wrong at all. Always willing to fight and always beendangerous.

That time when we fought in the rift, I fled from you (and your crazy flurry+deathblow) with 68hps, to inners. Lucky for me, I've managed to word quickly and survived. After that, always been extremely careful when had to fight you.

Good work and good character - GLWYN, and play Empire someday!
104142, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Bolzhor the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Eleagra on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Solid enemy. Felt I had close to no chance solo especialy after thirst. God damn those assassin blades. But did I hate you backtailing Fort. Seriously man get real. It's not like 5 men gank is not enough so you'd add there yourself and one-two more villagers Sure mummy is tough but just not that tough. It's not even ####ing lich.
104157, What?!
Posted by Tzar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yes, I am not the lich - I AM BETTER!

So 5 marans + 3 villagers + 1 outie will never be enough to beat my supreme undead's ass!

>8<=>
104127, I just can't play a villager.
Posted by Bolzhor on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
There are just too many situations where I felt my cabal affiliation was getting me killed and far too few where I felt it was getting me kills. A lot of that is due to my play times and fighting against a couple of strong, well-played characters whose abilities complemented their allies. My frustration was just oozing out at the end and I know it showed. I wanted to condie this character but as a player I'd much rather spend the time prepping and be able to avoid/survive 95%+ of the situations Bolzhor died.

Grats to Akedeh on Commander, you were 100% who I would have chosen.

Eleagra/Tzaritzawah, good fights 1v1 but against more then one of you I was always toast. You guys are both very strong chars I was shocked neither of you got Emperor.

Taerg hope you get Drillmaster after Tontik condies.

Tontik hope you go out in a blaze of glory, great char.

Nexuns, damn you all almost every one of you was tough and when you guys had a bondmate you mostly ripped through villagers.

Garwern, great char loved the balls out attitude with good rp to go with it.

Zosi...good job when you got me in Emerald, but bad form that one day with that thing. Im assuming that was just a rough day OOC like we all have had but it was painful to watch :(
104130, Have to take things in stride as a villager
Posted by lasentia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Especially a minotaur one. Minotaurs always have outlanders on them, and as a villager you also have empire, scion and nexus + any other random mages. That can just make it real rough at times.

Villagers play knowing they're going to die, I think that's kind of their mentality. I also don't think being a villager will get you a lot of kills in general. It takes a good bit of experience as a villager/player to become a rolling death machine. And even they all die a fair amount.

You did alright though I'll admit I died pretty soon after you came into hero range so I didn't get to see too much of you.

Try a nexus bard! :)
104132, just say no to nexus barding
Posted by Ganicus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I thought Bolz was doing good. In that second round of the rites you and Odralig just tore everyone up.

Yeah you pretty much have to be comfertable with dieing to be a villager. Unless you are a stealth class its unavoidable a lot of the time, though it is fun to go up against 3-5 people and still take one or two down with you.
104139, And embrace the love that is the pincer.
Posted by lasentia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fine fine, that's good too.

Just get back out there with whatever sounds fun really.
104133, RE: I just can't play a villager.
Posted by Rayihn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You started off really good and I was impressed at how classy and well RP'd your character was.

But.

As you got more frustrated, your RP slipped and the things that made this character stand out fell away. I would suggest next time you either delete earlier, or quit off every time you start to feel frustrated. Sending up prays like you did are not good for anyone, least of all you. And it really turned a good character into a not so good character.

Good luck on your next.
104135, Delete earlier eh?
Have you ever played a hero villager to have even the slightest idea what its like?

To give an idea, Twist (who is exponentially better than me) played Woldrun who had 3 legacies, 3 specs and set fracture and still had 91 pdeaths and 46 mob deaths.

Some players may be able to keep smiling while eating that many deaths, but I'm not one of them. Sorry I tried to stick it out longer than you thought I should have.
104137, RE: Delete earlier eh?
Posted by Rayihn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I have, yes, played hero battle. Multiple times. I think you just misunderstand me, I'm only saying that it was really obvious that you were frustrated and finished with the character but you kept playing it and that was just making everyone involved (especially you) miserable. You sent up a lot of inappropriate prays, it is what it is. I'm not coming down on you that hard, I'm only making a suggestion for next time. Delete when you're frustrated and before you start swearing up a storm. Then, you go out on a high note, instead of the "This guy needs to alias pray to 'slap self' " note.
104134, Huge bummer.
Posted by Odrallag on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was starting to wonder if this had happened. Enjoyed running with you. Come back as a ranger or assassin... maybe a defender... And like Ganicus said, stay away from Nexus barding.
104136, Not sure how I forgot you
Loved running with both you and Taerg, wish I could have gotten more involved in the quest going on early on but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

You guys are pretty solid now with members and new leadership and will do well :)
104144, RE: I just can't play a villager.
Posted by Garwern on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This was an enjoyable character that I had a blast interacting with. I don't think I ever had a bad experience with you and we interacted a lot. Best of luck with your next.
104145, Way better than my minotaur villager attempt
Posted by Twist on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I tried a mino warrior quite a few years ago. I got to level 23, got a couple pkwins (even a mage!)

Then I got pk'd and lost a pretty good set. But I figured hell, let's keep trying.

Then I mob-died on the main continent somewhere - like maybe Azuremain or something?

And the walk back from Seantryn made me decide, halfway...man #### this. The minospeech, the inability to use potions, the suckitude that is giant(esque) warrior without buff eq - I can deal with all that. But taking a ludicrous amount of time to get back to my corpse when I die in the most normal places? Super meh.

So if I ever play another mino, it'll almost have to be Trib so I can have my comfortable recall spots. :P
104146, Secret supersolution for you is inside!
Posted by Explosion on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Don't die.

:)
104151, RE: I just can't play a villager.
Posted by Tontik on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
dag nab it, and man trust me i know its tough and i know what its like to get down on char, and like twist said the walk back just sucks, but you were one of the good ones, and had fun with you around even if i never could understand a freaking work you were saying.....THERE NEEDS TO BE AN EDGE TO UNDERSTAND MINOSPEAK, seriously though good luck wiht the next...

tontik
104154, Sad to see this
Posted by Ghrondel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
On a high note, there are still 11 other minotaurs in the village, haha. (at least that's what it feels like) You had a very deadly build. Sword/flail greeting and something I'm not sure I detected. Very good player, however, you took the PK losses very rough. Whether it was a gang or 1v1 it was heard later in indistinguishable mino speech, lol
104333, having been on the other end of something like that
Posted by zosi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I know it was. Continuing to fight wasn't ooc, but how I went about it was, a bit, and I'm sorry. It wasn't anger at you guys, or even a really self-destructive streak (I'm a lot more healthy than I deserve to be, honestly). I was just sorta bored. And I actually did learn some, besides not just dying to you once and leaving that is, so thanks for that.

That said, damn fine job being fierce and ragerly and courageous (with others that I saw, you didn't really need it with me) and whatnot. Quite respected you all around and wish you luck with the next.