Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Callad the Grand Master of Changelings
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=104101
104101, (DELETED) [None] Callad the Grand Master of Changelings
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Nov 9 11:56:56 2011

At 7 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 34th of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Callad perished, never to return.
Race:gnome
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:260
104108, RE: (DELETED) [None] Callad the Grand Master of Changelings
Posted by Ilianthia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I thought you were Nexus, and you had created a bad reputation in your dealing with the Fortress.

http://www.qhcf.net/phorum/read.php?3,907792,907792#msg-907792

Those closest to me suggested we treat you as a hostile. I'm sorry it put a bad taste in your mouth.
104178, No worries, ...it happens! :)
Posted by Callad on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I only had issues with Eachainn actually.
104106, Some short goodbyes...
It was a nice run, despite the fact it just my another character gets oddly gang-raked by the fortlander. Btw doesn't it supposed to be flagged by (RAGE DELETE) instead of (DELETED)? I'm done with CF for now again, and probably for good this time. As far as there no anti-hypocrite cabal in game to balance the other, playing a lone character turns a bit too much time consuming. Also, i was asked before, - why would a neutral shifter go against a fort person sitting by the Watcher? Why not, as far as it fits my role and the character's attitude. In retrospect to it, Fortress was no difference in my character's view in respect to the other cabals, except the Rager and the Nexus inversely.

Tontik, you was one of the most respectful opponents. Always courageous and tough. I enjoyed interacting with you a lot!

Ganicus, overally close to Tontik. I got impressed when you went against me and a healer at the fire village. Though that one wasn't helping me at all, heh.

Eachainn, just meh. I better let it be...

Caerdryn, kudos character!

Obregon, consistent, experienced, respected. Was fun interacting with you.

Zosi, our only fight and the following dialogue sorta disappointed me...

Zaanzorbarus, i laughed out loudly when i did noticed you sitting in the Inn, pondering on what to do, while the forties was discussing an alliance matter with the Village, and then... -Hey, why wouldn't we just go in and i surprise them with the phantasmal killer song? That was a fun plan! And it was disgusting to see you got fulled by the fortie the other day we went there, but i could not do much.

Rasst, have not interacted with you much, but you appeared to me a pretty solid savage.

Zuseris, you are a fun companion indeed. Too bad we have not explored much.

Braskil, damn man. Why did you deleted so early? We should have explored some places as we was going to do!

That's all i think. Sorry if i probably forgot someone, if you think you remember me and care to drop me a word, please feel free to do so!
104107, RE: Some short goodbyes...
Posted by Enlilth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
> Btw doesn't it supposed to be flagged by (RAGE DELETE) instead of
>(DELETED)?

Not in this specific instance no.
104111, RE: Some short goodbyes...
Posted by Tontik on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
yeah man we go each other a few times you had some really good forms for fighting villagers, and man did you seem to knwo where i was if i was hurting and trying to get back to the village oh well good luck with your next

tontik
104185, Thanks! Keep up the good work
And keep the log monster fed, some nice logs you got there.
104113, RE: Some short goodbyes...
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The problem you have is not an uncommon one: basically, you hold everyone else up to a higher standard than you hold yourself to. You want to be able to pick the fights you want at circumstances that are favorable to you, but god forbid the enemies you make do the same in return, and god forbid someone not RP their character in the way that would be most beneficial to you.

For example: it's fine, up to a point, that you want to be uncaballed and pick fights with caballed people while they're in the middle of raiding or otherwise disadvantaged because of their cabal business. That's one of the upsides to being an uncaballed loner. Here's one of the downsides: the people you do that to might stomp a mudhole in your face later, and you were so, so not a good loser when that happened or when things otherwise didn't go your way.

As long as you have those kind of unrealistic expectations of how other players are going to react to you, you're always going to be frustrated with the way they treat you.
104115, RE: Some short goodbyes...
Posted by wareagle on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That's one of the upsides to being an uncaballed loner.

While I agree that is an upside to uncaballed loner, I can't help but want to add in here how terrible being uncaballed in this game is.

Uncaballed needs more attention, I've been whining about this for a decade.
104117, Uncaballed powers:
Posted by Tsunami on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Pledge Outer
104118, Totally disagree.
Posted by tongni12 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Being uncaballed has two big advantages, one is that you get to pick your enemies/allies a lot more selectively - Imperial thief probably does not want to be enemies with Battle duergar, but will end up fighting in some cases. Two is that you never have to retrieve or defend in bad situations - the worst is when you log on without the item, there are defenders, and you know that there's a small but very real chance you die but you have no chance to actually kill them, and that if you don't try and retrieve it's going to reflect really badly on you.
104121, I enjoyed this post
Posted by lasentia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If a player wants to be involved in raids/defenses cabal fights consistently, join a cabal. It's not anyone else's fault if you're bored and want to get into PK situations, but really, stay out of other people's business, or as Daev said, they'll start to really get annoyed with you and make a point of beating you down when they get the chance. Callad had no cabal to defend or item to retrieve or any other way to really go after you absent just finding you, so when those chances come up to kill you, I can't fault any people that take it.

Callad asked me to kill Eachainn for example (and to I think loot him too). I can't think of a possible reason to dislike Eachainn that is plausible as a gnome shifter, because from what I saw he didn't just walk around killing neutrals. My guess is you did something to him or his allies first, he did something back, and you couldn't deal with it.

Actions have consequences in CF, and uncaballeds who hang around cabals all the time generally ended up being universally disliked by all the cabals, at least from what I see.
104124, RE: I enjoyed this post
>Callad asked me to kill Eachainn for example (and to I think
>loot him too). I can't think of a possible reason to dislike
>Eachainn that is plausible as a gnome shifter, because from
>what I saw he didn't just walk around killing neutrals.

I know the story here because Callad did a lot of praying and note-writing about it. Remind me when Eachainn's gone and I'll tell it on demand.
104126, Yeah, I know it too...
Posted by Wayward Knight on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sounded pretty ####ed up, from where I was sitting.
104177, assumptions..
Well, i rarely avoided fights that were me a challenge by my role. Including those duels to death, where i had not many chances to win actually.

> As long as you have those kind of unrealistic expectations of how other players are going to react to you

Who are those people you talking about? Not that i can think of, especially from my late experience.

In fact, i never rejected that i dislike the cabal limitations, and the way the cabal wars go too. The drawbacks are clearly overweight the bonuses from the cabal powers. There are many reasons for me, just like in case of uncaballed i have wider range of possibilities to find an exploration party. As well as i would not want to spend my time gathering half-eaten sandwiches in the bars, just like the outlander would have to, so as to keep up the basic character's stock, hehe. Concerning the cabal wars, bleh. I dislike the soccer just as much, if this makes it any better!
104180, RE: assumptions..
I don't know what that means.

In any case, take it in the spirit that's offered, which is: if you want to have more fun with the game in the future, I think mostly you just need to adjust your expectations a little. I try to assume my character's enemies are evil douchebags (even if they're Fort and I'm evil), meaning, I don't concern myself with whether they're living up to what I, as a player, think their standard of RP should be. Of course they'll play dirty, they're despicable bad guys (to me, IC). The less you feel like you're playing unofficial RP police the more fun I think you'll have.
104182, Such a good thought... Perhaps
Posted by Meoilaxenz on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
"I try to assume my character's enemies are evil douchebags (even if they're Fort and I'm evil), meaning, I don't concern myself with whether they're living up to what I, as a player, think their standard of RP should be. Of course they'll play dirty, they're despicable bad guys (to me, IC)."

I think if we all acted this way we wouldn't have many of the problems... Imms then must be called to enforce the standard, but there isn't one established that I am aware of.

Just food for thought.

Meo
104186, RE: assumptions..
There a difference between the overrated expectations and the unexpected, mkay? Sometimes the alignment part totally escapes it's expected meanings at some circumstances, making a short circuit in my head. I'm not complaining or anything, expecially reminding my own "show off" there in the end. But that's just a game after all, thanks for running it!
104119, RE: Some short goodbyes...
Posted by Kursh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This was probably the only character in the entire game that Kursh truly hated.
104120, RE: Some short goodbyes...
Posted by Caerdryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really think that if you had toned down your aggressive parts a bit you might have had more fun with less enemies, but if it fits your role it fits your role, I guess.

My interaction with Callad was sunny, so I can say I enjoyed him, except for that last bit in front of the Fort...

I had no idea what your forms were until the end, so I might have even attacked you at times. Not sure about that one.

Anyway, I hope you do not quit for real. The game needs players, especially players who have an evolving role.

As Caerdryn would say, see you on the Road.
104184, "...that last bit", my point of view

Ehehhe.. Well, sorry about that! And thanks for the good wishes. I won't be able to play for some good time anyways, as i said it's quite a bit time consuming. :(
104148, I felt bad for you honestly...
Posted by Tesline on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That melt down was Epic...I havent had one that bad since I played a necromaner a year and a half ago and got mad at the fortress so i attacked the Vanquisher screaming for the Fortress..and some other random things.

Hope you calm down and take it easy.
104179, Thanks, though the melt down is not worth a mention.
I was just like, aahh f...k it! It had to happen sooner or later.