Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AUTO) [FORTRESS] Umnys the Grand Master of Changelings
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=103894
103894, (AUTO) [FORTRESS] Umnys the Grand Master of Changelings
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Oct 30 18:59:54 2011

At 1 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 23rd of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Umnys perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:122
103921, Death due to thesis work
Posted by Umnys on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Oh well another char dies to thesis writing, life catches up at times. Had great forms and an ok role in mind, just not enough time to commit to it.

Had a couple of very nice imm interactions and some great interactions with some very cool villagers. With the forms I had it was easy to stay and fight for a bit.

I really do love the shifter class, but I have probably played way to many of them over the years. It has its issues still but I guess all players have some problems with other classes /combos.

The biggest issue though is not with the class itself rather with some other classes that already are powerful and can grow to such an extent it is virtually impossible to go toe-toe with them.

Never did find my barrier wand and that was with having two places, never got the chance to search as fully for the second one as it was around the time I had to start data collection for my thesis but I was surprised I could not find it. (Might want to re-think placing sleek barrier wands in places a class has little to no chance of collecting them on their own)

Big thanks to the Imms for the great work they put into this MUD, having played since 95 or so Ive been lucky enough to see it grow and change.

To new players, keep on trucking there are some great players on this mud. People are helpful at times and douches at other times thats life. Take your time to explore as much as you can with classes that can sustain themselves.

Until next time!