Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [BATTLE] Lurfkor the Master of Defense
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=103755
103755, (DELETED) [BATTLE] Lurfkor the Master of Defense
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Oct 24 16:09:20 2011

At 2 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 25th of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Lurfkor perished, never to return.
Race:dwarf
Class:warrior
Level:32
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:36
103779, What a waste
Posted by Bolzhor on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Why even roll the character if you are gonna get caballed and delete in under 40 hours.
103781, Probably because
Posted by Dallevian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
he got hosed a few times from trying to retrieve the head from imperials.

There's a reason you never see ragers on when they don't have the head and aren't in power. Fairweather fagtrons.
103782, Do you ever say anything positive? nt
Posted by Rayihn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
103784, Funny you say that
Posted by ORB on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I say that whenever I read your and Neps PBF comments. You guys remind me of the two old guys from the muppets Statler and Waldorf.
103786, ORB, do you use your tears for lube?
Posted by Oldril on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You cry so much you may as well get something good out of it.
103787, Are you the pot or the kettle?
Posted by ORB on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Cry MOAR
103788, From what I saw resulting from a few quick forum seache...
Posted by Bell on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
His positivity ratio is probably higher than yours.

He's actually said a great number of positive things over the years.

Sure, I found an old ban on him from Valg back in like 03 or something, but other than that, the only real negativity I see is when he's questioning you or another immortal (mostly you). I'm not sure I saw anything negative he posted about another non-imm player, other than bitching at some dude over something stupid he posted on Dio's.

However, I will admit the anecdotal nature of my search and the small sample size of data, and I would be curious as to the opinions of other people, who most probably spend more time on the official forums than I do. I certainly don't see everything posted, much less the behind the scenes action.

Not really trying to pick, but it bugs me to see you call him out for something you're doing _at the exact same time_.

103789, Yep, all the time.
Posted by Dallevian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I routinely give credit to the greatest computer game on earth and its creators, the immortals who tirelessly work at keeping it going and keeping it fun (including you), a usually awesome playerbase, and some fun friends I've met over the years through CF.

In the post above I only acknowledged the fair-weather-ness of most battle players, Lurfkor not included because I know firsthand he was on solo trying to retrieve the head.

Is that worthy of your post, my pointing out that most players don't have the balls, dedication, and conviction to play the game as intended?

You should read Valg's long-ago post about gamemanship. Quality post and one I've lived by since I was a little kid. Fair competition deserves a good game and I'm quick to say to it.
103793, Except your post was nothing like that.
Posted by Allysia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You just said hey this guy died a lot trying to retrieve from empire and that Battle are all "fairweather fagtrons".

That's hardly a meaningful or useful post.
You said he got hosed by empire, you didn't say it was brave or anything. In fact, sounded more like it was stupid of him. But good for you, because I would guess you were an imperial that kept killing him while he tried because easy PKs are easy PKs.

So in fact, you said nothing complimentary or really anything that should have been posted.

A goodbye thread is generally meant for the char to be commented on, not hey let me make a pointless remark as a lead in to a negative remark about a whole cabal (one which is an entirely untrue at that- and I know fairly well what it is like to deal with Battle)

I met this char all of one time. He was an ass.
His last tell was "suck my willy".
Classy RP.
103809, But but
Posted by The-me on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Making pointless remarks on the faggyness of nonheaded villagers and other associated game traits (Fort Hour, Empire Hour, Tribunal Hour, Tavlin Hour etc) is one of the only fun things about this game. FWIW I thought Lurk was cool but even if he is the bravest mofo on the planet, he deleted he didnt con death, and for that alone he deserves some ridicule, all the other 'fagtrons' that didnt log in to help or logged off cause the head was gone, well they should be feeling ashamed I guess.

As for your RP assessment, seems fair, there isnt enough willy sucking in cf any more though *sigh*

This pointless post brought to you by The-me industries INC.
103804, RE: Probably because
Posted by Igsoeh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
As a serial rager player and somewhat of a vet, I will say this. There gets to be a certain point where its just not fun anymore. I play this game to have fun. If there are three imperials on and headless me? Yep, I'm probably gonna log off. I'll sit in Hamsah for twenty minuts first, and see if I can't make something happen, but after that, yeah, I'm good. If that makes me a fairweather fagtron, I'm good with that. In my experience, most villagers are not fairweather players. But, I guess your experience is different.
103783, RE: What a waste
Posted by RandomThinker on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sometimes you just find you don't enjoy a character, whether it's class mechanics or just a role you don't like as much as you thought you would.

Happens to me all too often.
103761, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Lurfkor the Master of Defense
Posted by Retan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
No!!! Why lurf!
103762, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Lurfkor the Master of Defense
Posted by Retan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry had to put that out there. I enjoyed the small time that we interacted. You were one of the main reasons I decided to go village. Good luck to ya, see ya in the fields.