Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Velack the Legend of the Battlefield, Acolyte of the Golden Sun
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=103674
103674, (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Velack the Legend of the Battlefield, Acolyte of the Golden Sun
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Oct 23 11:37:13 2011

At 8 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 20th of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Velack perished, never to return.
Race:storm
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:195
103796, Chat in the Inn
Posted by Masardu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It was fun to chat with you in the Inn. I was providing info to Scion/Empire as what protection you had on you. But they didn't even strike you when you had no protection up.

It was fun to RP with you. I was hopeing for another round of that, but our time never coincided.
103799, RE: Chat in the Inn
Posted by Velack on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
When you told me to learn the history of things it kick started a death spiral for Velack. He being of reason, gave everything to your words, and was going to talk with you again, but I never got a chance to see you again. Would have been awesome to RP out some more fun times. I had no idea you were just buying time lol

Thanks for the talk and keep at it! You are doing awesome!
103785, Honestly, I can't believe you made it to 200 hours.
Posted by Obaznuk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It seemed you were burning a con point every hour, at times.

1. You never fled if you were on your own, only if another brother was inside the Fort and it would mean you couldn't try to save them later.

2. You spoke your mind quite fiercely and at times, I half-expected the Marans to get together to petition to have you removed from the Fort.

3. Your RP was clear and absolute and like Vallinane said, Acolyte warriors are invaluable and I never understood how that works until you came along.

4. The orc militias... Holy G*D, remember them? I'd log in Traf in the wee hours of the night and see Velack and 2 or 3 hero-range orcs and say to myself, "Better head straight to the gates!" Cause I knew you were there getting pounced on like cats on a gerbil.
103732, I liked this character a lot, but I saw the con-death coming.
Posted by Vallinane on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was hoping you'd take my hint and take better care of yourself! Acolyte warriors are awesome and the Fortress needs more of them, not less. I loved what I saw of Velack, but was hoping to see him awhile longer.

Post some goodbyes, you silly bastard.
103798, RE: I liked this character a lot, but I saw the con-dea...
Posted by DrumArtist on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Woot! You tried to help me so many times, were always peeking at my holdings to make sure I had return and transportation. Velack was RP'd to take orders from those in command, so I would gather those potions even though I didn't intend on using them. I think I was saved five or six times by people in the Fort who seemed to catch on that I didn't flee from fights if I had gone into battle outside of a group. They would word me out of battle, and as it happens, I was worded out of battle on my last death, only to die in Galadon to the scourge. I wanted to die in battle, but alas, it was not to be.

I really enjoyed your char, and the interactions we had, I learned a lot from these past 200 hours that I will be taking into a second char.

Thanks!
103726, RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Velack the Legend of the Battlefield, Acolyte of the Golden Sun
Posted by Illanthos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I knew this was coming, but I underestimated the rate at which you could burn through CON. You had a hard code to live by and you stuck to it well, and justified it adequately to Illanthos during our discourse on martyrdom. I'm sad to see you gone; I was looking for more juicy RP debates with you.
103797, RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Velack the Legend of the Battlefield, Acolyte of the Golden Sun
AWESOME RP WITH YOU!!!

By far the best RP session was with you that day, I walked nearly 200 hours in game, and no one knew what you did about Velack's RP reason for not leaving the fights. I really thought I would go the entire char without anyone asking about my reasoning behind it. Thanks for coming through!

103698, RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Velack the Legend of the Battlefield, Acolyte of the Golden Sun
Posted by Caerdryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The day Caerdryn saved your life from Shudo ended up being one of the defining moments in the 'Respect-vs-Obedience' argument about the paladin code, and you and Caerdryn were good friends after that.

I always liked Velack. I wish our times had synched up more often.

See you on the Road.
103795, RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Velack the Legend of the Battlefield, Acolyte of the Golden Sun
ARRRG! I was so ####ing pissed! Velack, however, reasoned away his anger immediately, and moved on to being your advocate. It was unfortunate you had to go, but it made the RP inside the Fort jump a few notches. Gave us something to talk about. I hope you get the attention you deserve, because playing the way you have been, can't be easy.

Thanks!
103814, RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Velack the Legend of the Battlefield, Acolyte of the Golden Sun
Posted by Caerdryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's been a hell of a ride, and characters like yours have made it all the better. Make another with a good role idea and come on back.
103694, Velack was great.
Posted by Bajula on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Most of the stuff I meant to tell you I got to say IC, I really expected you to be less fragile though. I'd assume you had a round or two left where I could heal you and you'd die right there in front of me. I'm real sorry for those times because I should have learned by then. I inducted you figuring you'd learn enough to make a great acolyte the next time you tried one, but you know you were a pretty damn good acolyte as it was. Good job, and best of luck with your next.
103794, RE: Velack was great.
Thanks! Angyn was fun to interact with because I wanted to create order in the Acolytes since it was just you and I for a good portion of time. I was always sad to see people talking to you like you were their buddy. You are the ####ing HOLY CARDINAL. Velack approached you as if you had the answers to help him through anything. You often had to listen to Velack go on and on about something trivial, but his RP was to reason out everything, and find the connections with other truths in Thera. Tough job, and hard to RP.

Thanks again for the awesome times though Angyn, I had a blast!
103690, RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Velack the Legend of the Battlefield, Acolyte of the Golden Sun
Posted by Argivo on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Good character! It was fun to have you around! We got inducted within hours of each other -- I remember you talking about how you'd never been inside a building as grand before while I was giving you the nickel tour I had just gotten, as my first task as a Squire :) And then I yelled at you to get inside, because you were woolgathering outside the gates, which I promptly apologized for :)

Sometimes I thought you were just picking your ground to make a statement. If so, then I wish you had been more forthcoming about what the statement meant to you, and should mean to others. Once or twice, I saw you really lose your cool when you had chances to get away, because you were just standing in Galadon. I'm not sure why that was so, if that was what you were intending?

Good luck with your next!
103792, RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Velack the Legend of the Battlefield, Acolyte of the Golden Sun
Thanks! (For the first part lol)

I really wish I had the cash to buy the PBF, it would show just how off base this char was. He did not care for the preconceptions of people currently living on the Theran Plane.

It worked well for me to ignore most common knowledge, and good practices that people tried to hand down to Velack. I had stood in rooms with pure evil and held conversations. I had been summoned, and not attacked. I had been asked to speak on behalf of others, and as proxy for some. This char opened up a wide area in RP that I haven't been witness to from other players. I am still rather new to the game though, my eighth year of playing starts this month.

Velack never lost his cool. It seems odd that you mention this because in all my deaths, I was ready for them. I knew they were going to happen, but I went in with the hope of speaking with those who would call me enemy. Sorry if I blew that part of my RP, it was a tough position to be in, and I haven't seen it RP'd before.

Live and learn I guess.
103800, Your RP was awesome
Posted by Argivo on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I didn't mean anything other than that :) It seemed the character (NOT oocly) got very angry /depressed about finally getting killed after getting summoned x 5: maybe I was just projecting what I felt onto that. That was the part I didn't get, but maybe because I didn't quite understand I misinterpreted what you would say in such situations :) You were really awesome, and I'm lucky you were around in game.

GLWYN!
103687, RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Velack the Legend of the Battlefield, Acolyte of the Golden Sun
Posted by Bohvik on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
#### yeah, con-dying an acolyte warrior at 270 hours. I loved Velack. Always the anchor in the storm. What do you have to say for yourself, mister?
103709, RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Velack the Legend of the Batt...
Posted by Bubthegreat on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry to see you go man, we didn't interact a whole lot, but you seemed like a lot of fun.
103791, RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Velack the Legend of the Batt...
Thanks! It was a comeback char for me, and I wanted to play something that would force PK. Take a stand! I think my next char will be evil, any tips?
103790, RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Velack the Legend of the Battlefield, Acolyte of the Golden Sun
Thanks! Velack was my first Fort character. First Goodie even. I either play Heralds, or uncabaled neut-neut. Also first char I would not run from a fight. I wanted to play a char that would get to see the fighting all the way till the end. It was a bit of a test to see average time spent alive with minimal preps (flight, resist evil, favor of the sun). This char would also only use stone skin potions if he had one, because if the time came to succor back to the gates to defend he would not risk becoming RIGID with a fillet.