Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [BATTLE] Azalix Balize the Disciple of Ancient Ways
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=103594
103594, (DELETED) [BATTLE] Azalix Balize the Disciple of Ancient Ways
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Oct 20 16:28:45 2011

At 3 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 2nd of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Azalix perished, never to return.
Race:arial
Class:warrior
Level:49
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:122
103610, Pitifully adequit as we say at my job....
Posted by Charade on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Azalix was both a meager success and an epic failure. I really got into my role and RP and the greatest choice I made was following Iunna. Its rare I follow a religion. Now that I think about it, Raisa's tat was the last time I did seriously, so that says alot. Tried a little here and there but nothing serious. Iunna changes that. She is just awesome.

THE GOOD:

Iunna: Thank you for the interactions and taking time on your religion. And the Last name. Really made the character for me.

Thror: I assume that was you I talked with by the brass dragon. That was fantastic. Thank you.

Luck: Just a guess but I'd have to say that my luck stat had to be high. early in life I got out of ALOT that should have killed. so much so that it was noticable.

RP: It was a simple character. straightforward. Just a soldier. So many "dumb" villagers I wanted one that was smart and soldierly.
Tactics. Chain of command. Patton-esque. I really liked what I did with it. Felt good about it.

QUEST: Awesome quest goodness. Wish I was there for more of it.

THE BAD:

PK: Like usual, I sucked. The build I think is viable on a defender maybe. I needed more time. Seemed to miss alot. I coulda kept going i think if I just had a close fight at hero levels the last 4 days. But they were so blatently onesided that all the air was taken out of me. I eended up mad sitting at the comp. No point in that day after day.

BATTLE: Not so much bad but not the out and out comraderie I'm used to. but I think I was in a transitionsal time. Lots of new blood. Battle needs tweeked though. I'm pretty much a serial player and at mid levels its a bit to much and at hero not enough. If resistance was on a sliding scale that would fix it I think. If its 33% then I would like to see it like 25% at level 33 and scale up 1% per level until its at 40% goin into hero levels. Sure you could play with it but something like that. My 2 cents.

ENTWINE BUG AND NEW WIELD: Still there. Still sucks. Rarely happened so it didn't affect me in getting a kill but if it did, so few and far between that they were I would have freaked. And cried. Alot.

I was dagger/whip with balance/whirlwind. Wanted to test out balance. Liked it alot. Agonized over my second choice. Didn't like Whirlwind. Needed Soul or Whispers. Another 200 hp would have been much better.

GOODBYES: Just a few. Normal disclaimer, write and I'll write back.

TONTIK: Damn do I love you. Unhealthily so. Just an out and out fine character. Really did plan on con dying Az, but the beatdown was just too much. Sorry. Thanks for making it fun for me.

ODRALLAG and AKEDEH: You too were great as well. Keep at em.

NEXUS: Every one of you were classy. Good group going. Not a bad player amoung you.

KALSTEN: LOVED YOU. Where'd you go? Always willing to shake it up but HORRIBLY unlucky fighting me. good character.

MIRIC: The perfect Dark elf to me. One day attacking me the next telling me where mages were. Really liked you.

GARWEN: Great character. Thanks for taking the time to talk religion. Really helped me and really gave me enjoyment interacting with you. Top Notch.

MRALL: Loved fighting you. Good fights between us. Thanks.

And, as always, thank you IMMS for the game. No other game has kept me playing for 15 years and thats a testament to you. It really is a pleasure to come play in your world.
103626, RE: Pitifully adequit as we say at my job....
Posted by Iunna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were one of two people that I was hoping to catch up with
post-quest that has now deleted. Unfortunately I got bogged
down with role contest business. Thanks for taking that initial
quest dream and running with it, it helped move things a lot
faster in those early stages. Definitely a character that came
across as a thinking Rager, which can be a rare thing. Good
job overall and good luck with the next!
103628, Not a terrible build actually
Posted by Allysia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You did manage to get me in the village that time with Akedeh. Between the mace spear and dagger maladicts think I was like 3 str 3 dex against two thirsting villagers- knew I should have gotten out of there but I kept thinking one more song might do it- except I never even got a song off :)

And is there some rule I don't know about that says all villagers must take whip as a spec choice? Cause wow, I can't think of one who isn't outside of Akedeh.
103630, Entwine at giant/destructor = easiest kills ever?
Posted by Vortex Magus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Not against Nexus bards, but against almost anyone else who tries to retrieve/raid against even or bad odds.
103632, yeah, I know the reason
Posted by Allysia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I just always thought hand would be the most common back up spec to deal with weapon loss and such. Was that way for a long time, but now the shift is definitely whip/flail as the most common spec choice across the board I feel like.

Though having eyejab, pull and strip are pretty nice too. Entwine just doesn't seem reliable enough to make it worth taking a spec solely for it.

It does give bards a reason to make sure nocturne of fright is perfected though.
103635, RE: Entwine at giant/destructor = easiest kills ever?
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think it's sort of a mixed bag, in that some people who would roll the dice against three axe specs will just stay clear if they know they'll be entwined at the giant.
103637, I would go with quicksand/insects. (n/t)
Posted by Malakhi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
103639, Greeting/crashing warrior who fights mostly melee types NT
Posted by Ganicus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
ouch
103638, RE: Not a terrible build actually
Yea, but that was only because I finally got you in the throat. You are a class act and its nice to see something other than a battle or empire bard doing so well. Not as nice when your always standing over my corpse, but nice. I think the build is viable but but better hands than mine. I also heard that not dual wielding the same weapons affect your chances of skills going off. This was in referance to daggers buy I assume any weapon. If thats the case then I think Balancce should offset that penality. Seemed like I did hit ALOT more with my old dagger spec skills. But that was just heresay and rumor. Not fact.
103640, thats just conceal
Conceal fires more often if you are dual wielding daggers.
103634, RE: Pitifully adequit as we say at my job....
Posted by Tontik on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
yeah was good times around with you, and i could tell you were trying to play the smart villager which i liked allot, the me villager me smashum magum gud can get a bit old every once and awhile. And i really liked all the quest stuff going around and investigating/talking with people and such was really fun times. And i thought you would have been much more deathful than you were oh well every once and awhile a build just ends up being so bleh its hard to believe why you thought it would be good. Oh well glwyn and comeback to the village.

tontik

p.s. now who am i going to get to write all my notes for me was nice to have a battle scribe hehehehehe
103641, About Kalsten....
Posted by Onewingedangel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Kalsten was on such a roll in the early levels, but the spell spamming and getting my shields pattered me out like usual with my invokers. Although usually not a reson to delete for me..as I play Invokers alot and get there alot, I made some bad RP choices which seemed like sound RP, but Scion wouldn't have it. I pretty much screwed my future and whole plan. After that, I lost alot of interest, and I just stopped prepping as much for fights, I'd just get my ass handed to me out of sheer not caring.

You were always a good enemy, I was so pissed when you were no longer an applicant. That was my only chance, without resist and spellbane, after that, I basically tried to avoid you until I found my wands, which never happened.

GLWYN

Edit for spelling
103605, This is a shame. I enjoyed my interactions with this character. nt
Posted by Garwern on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
f
103597, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Azalix Balize the Disciple of Ancient Ways
Posted by Gwildonian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Idk what happened but I think your combination was a success. I'm not sure how you liked it but I've wanted to try it for some time now.

Since I'm feeling kind today, I'll show you what you were able to accomplish and why I think that if you'd kept going, you could have rocked the rights.

You are affected by:
Spell: 'detect invis' for 45 hours.
Spell: 'pass door' for 13 hours.
Spell: 'haste' modifies dexterity by 4 for 18 hours.
Spell: 'water breathing' for 16 hours.
Timer: 'scales of the dragon' for 15 hours.
Physical effect: 'hemorrhage' for 8 hours.
Physical effect: 'impale' modifies dexterity by -6 for 7 hours.
Physical effect: 'impale' modifies strength by -6 for 7 hours.
Spell: 'fly' for 6 hours.
Skill: 'incarnadine wave' modifies intelligence by -1 for 5 hours.
Skill: 'incarnadine wave' modifies intelligence by -2 for 5 hours.
Spell: 'control translucence' for 5 hours.
Spell: 'scales of the dragon' modifies armor class by -30 for 5 hours.
Spell: 'detect magic' for 4 hours.
Spell: 'detect artifact' for 18 hours.
Skill: 'incarnadine wave' modifies constitution by 0 for 2 hours.
Skill: 'incarnadine wave' modifies constitution by -1 for 2 hours.
Skill: 'incarnadine wave' modifies constitution by -1 for 2 hours.
Skill: 'incarnadine wave' modifies intelligence by -1 for 2 hours.
Skill: 'incarnadine wave' modifies intelligence by -2 for 0 hours.
Skill: 'incarnadine wave' modifies intelligence by -1 for 0 hours.
Skill: 'incarnadine wave' modifies intelligence by -1 for 0 hours.
Spell: 'stone skin' modifies armor class by -40 for 0 hours.
Spell: 'giant strength' modifies strength by 4 for 0 hours.

-14 int in a very short time. Most of your competition are not high int races and you could get charged very quick. All the same, GLWYN.
103598, Appreciate the compliment, but that wasnt me. n/t
>nt
103599, D@mn it.. Did I confused you and Akeada (sp) again? nt
Posted by Gwildonian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
103601, betting you are a defense shifter
Yeah incar works wild against people who don't avoid getting hit. Warriors though tend to get hit with melee a lot less so incar stacks a lot slower.

But I agree he has an interesting combo.