Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Kymbal the Initiate of the Macalla, Elite Imperial Blade
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=103432
103432, (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Kymbal the Initiate of the Macalla, Elite Imperial Blade
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Oct 13 23:43:52 2011

At 12 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 3rd of the Month of the Heat
on the Theran calendar Kymbal perished, never to return.
Race:minotaur
Class:warrior
Level:44
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:91
103433, RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Kymbal the Initiate of the Macalla, Elite Imperial Blade
Posted by Welverin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wow,

91 hours of shear pain. I rolled kymbal with the total expectation of doing something different in empire then found the Mino slot open and ran with it. Put together a bleh role and hopped in.

I learned two things. First, I SUCK at warriors. Even when I could prep with everything I knew about, I was still getting my but kicked left and right. Without preps it wasn't even a contest, as my 6-30something record shows.

Second, I suck at Empire worse than I suck at warriors. There would be times, I would try to retrieve against crap odds just to see other imperials going off and doing something else. Took me a while to learn that side, but still didn't learn it well. For the most part, my playtimes had odds stacked against me pretty bad. I don't think I got ganked a whole heck of a lot so thanks for that. And when odds were in my favor I just felt kind of dirty running around with the Empire Gank Squad.

I don't have much in the way of gripes. Most of the people I fought were decent about it. A few that were borderline, but meh.

To all of those that could pad their PK ratios with me, you're welcome. Lord knows there's enough of you out there.

To Enlilth, thanks for the promotions. Sorry to bag on you so early, but this just isnt even a little fun.

Well off to try and think something else up now I guess.

I doubt I made enough of an impression in 91 hours, but post and I'll reply.
103435, All that to one side, did you find the one-armed man?
Posted by Abernyte on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
~
103478, well done abby nt
Posted by Dallevian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
103451, RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Kymbal the Initiate of the Macalla, Elite Imperial Blade
Posted by Anerus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Baha! you left?

I could easily say you are new/awful with warriors, as I am with paladins(and carrionfields) myself, and I could stand in front of you most of the time. Although I couldn't kill you that much, I mostly could force you flee (I've note learned to seal a kill yet, well too far from needing it).

I liked kymbal because I could have some fights (as our battles were not one-sided). Anerus mostly tried to face you alone (ofcourse with lots of buffs from his friends) but really tried to avoid fighting you many vs. one!

I don't know what race/class you are better with, but I guess you were learning warriors with a good curve anyway (Or I'm loosing my skills with same curves).

Have fun with you next.
103474, RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Kymbal the Initiate of the Macalla, Elite Imperial Blade
Posted by Enlilth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
s'alright. I saw you trying. I'd hoped promoting to elite would help you out. I think given a little more time on your part (with the right legacy) it may have.
103484, RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Kymbal the Initiate of the Macalla, Elite Imperial Blade
Thanks a boat load. Up until the end I really was trying. Which legacy would you have chosen btw?
103485, I think he meant once you got to 48...
Posted by Twist on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
...and got your own second legacy.
103487, Yeah, too bad i just suck bad.
I had some fun though. i might try it again, who knows.
103488, RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Kymbal the Initiate of the Macalla, Elite Imperial Blade
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
FWIW, I think a lot of people who play mino for the first time learn the hard way (or don't learn/notice, but should) how much their usual play style is dependent on wimpy. You really do need to think a little differently without it.

I'm not sure if that was your problem, though. Post a raft of logs and you'll probably get some helpful commentary.
103495, RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Kymbal the Initiate of the Macalla, Elite Imperial Blade
Yeah, I'm not sure this was my problem, though it definitly would have helped to have wimpy I think. Overall, I think I had a decent idea on what to do, just not the ability to pull it off. I had trouble solo exploring early, which I've been trying to do more of, due to minospeak, so i had that against me. And just generally sucking at warriors doesn't help.

As i said, in another post, i'll try it again someday I think, but maybe with a different build. I think if I'd been able to go village with DR and such I'd have been a bit better. I never really was able to prep to the ammount that would have equaled the kind of DR that villager resist is without a pocket healer.
103496, RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Kymbal the Initiate of the Macalla, Elite Imperial Blade
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You might consider Nexus for your next run at a warrior if you feel like DR is a big concern for you. Vanguard is the dog's bollocks.

That being said, don't forget that Battle gives up some big things to get what they have, the single biggest of which is probably 'quaff return/teleport'. It's very possible to take Battle warrior's lunch money as an Empire warrior even with little or no DR by quaffing when things look bad for you and going all-in when they look bad for the Battleguy.

Consider that you also can heal (via potions/pills/NPC healers) ridiculously faster than Battle without a defender involved, and that's something that doesn't have good synergy with lots of DR.
103505, I salute you, mine enemy
Posted by Argivo on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Awesome character, well done warrior, no one but you and the imms knew your PK score, but you definitely were worth and got a lot of respect from me. You had excellent and consistent RP, a really nice character to interact with, really had the honor thing going, you were a beast to defend against, and over-all a real pleasure to have in the game.

Wow, I thought we were going to have a lifelong back and forth.
I really enjoyed having an enemy who smart, merciless, but also DID things before level 40, and who understand the concept of honor.
I tried to make things easier for you, like a lot of the people I felt I had an advantage over, by insisting that everything always got back to you: I hope I was 99% successful there. It's bad enough to get steamrolled as a eq-dependent warrior without losing everything you carry, every time you try bad odds, and the honor card is consistently in-character for me.

We moved in and out of each other's range, but there were plenty of times I was successfully defending when I wondering aloud on the cabal channel "where's the other guys?" There were plenty of times in the middle ranks when even one of the three other people who could have helped you retrieve would have made a huge swing difference. By comparison, you definitely came across as aggressive, ballsy, and completely devoted to your Empire.

There were a couple of times you completely handed my ass to me. Two legacies, Level 51 to 42, enhanced reactions, full cabal powers, decent preps -- I have no idea what happened there :) Any desire to comment on that? :) After that, I got more careful and more selective in our fights.

The mino thing: I think you made a mistake by not leveling up more quickly. It isn't fun to be level 43 or 44 and have level 51 mages with A/B/S going to town on you.

I really regretted the minotaur speech. I think it made it a huge challenge for me, more than once, to make our RP interactions as awesome as they could have been, but you were always a pleasure to kill/getkilled/debate honor vs power vs ethics with.