Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [BATTLE] Nukahv the Dweller of the Wilds, Commander of Battle
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=103367
103367, (DELETED) [BATTLE] Nukahv the Dweller of the Wilds, Commander of Battle
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Oct 12 08:37:45 2011

At 3 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 14th of the Month of the Grand Struggle
on the Theran calendar Nukahv perished, never to return.
Race:felar
Class:ranger
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:166
103411, A good clean run
Posted by Gaplemo on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't really have a negative thing to say about this character, or any of his interactions. It was only my second village hero I think, and first village leader. It was good to have the chance to lead the village in a new direction for a while. Thanks to Thror for the chance. I loved it, I could have kept it up a lot longer but I hated the limited feeling of a ranger. Druids I can do, but rangers are pretty easy targets if you can catch them out of the trees.

As far as felar caverndweller rangers go, in particular village ones, they are super powerful in some cases and pretty weak in others. I would say overall I felt like I was the ranger with the most raw power in the mud, aside from maybe rasst. The build is great for pumping out damage. I had decent lagging ability in the trees but could only really permalag in caves or on water suprisingly. Zero lag whatsoever in civilized area. It was bad. I only got a few people to come into caves to test me out, but the ones that did were pretty surprised. I don't think I ever lost in a cave other than to Tavlin once. I could be mistaken. Fighting in a cave with the head makes you feel like a predator. Backrake and savage blow were my only combat options most of the time, dirt kick and disarm being the others. Out of every foe I ever faced, Tavlin, Garwern and Allysia were his greatest foes. I had at least one all out super duper long epic fight with each of these three characters that I will never forget. I had a lot of other great, great foes, but these three cave battles to me were some of the finest I have been in.

Super positive experience, but I had my fun leading for a while and hopefully will get a shot again when I am a little more experienced with villagers. The village right now is super dope, I was impressed with every single one of you and enjoyed all the times we got to spend together, even watching some of you lowbies fight when I couldn't assist. Not sure I had a bad thing to say about a single one of you. I'll be playing another rager for sure, this one was great.
103414, man we had a good run
Posted by Tontik on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We ranked up together (though you did end up passing me before the rites) but was always nice having you around. And man do you know your way around some places, but as a leader nuk was great you had just enough hostility towards what seemed like everyone that i could never pull off but you made it work somehow. And the wars you started...man was rough for awhile but we seemed to pull it out in the end. all around i have no complaints i think you did a great job for your second villager and first leader of the village.

glwyn and make that villager :)

tontik
103386, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Nukahv the Dweller of the Wilds, Commander of Battle
Posted by Garwern on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I knew fighting you in the underdark for that duel would be a tough fight. But I have to give you props for just being extremely patient. I thought after ~10-15 RL minutes you'd just call blood and throw down(which is exactly what I wanted). Also, you took a few simple tactical precautions that REALLY handicapped me. I'm glad other evil rangers I fight haven't figured them out.

I'm still kicking myself for that fight. I know of a civilized room in the Underdark that was fairly close to where we were and was trying to get there, somehow I got mixed up and ended up walking backwards into the snare I KNEW you'd set. Gah. So frustrating.

Anyway, long-winded tirades aside...very well done. Impressive and a pleasure all around.
103381, For an evil bastard...
Posted by Angynn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I totally loved this character, go you! :)
Best of luck with the next.
103375, Well done all around.
Posted by Allysia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I will say I think you did a good job restoring the village, it was in bad shape for a while but it seems like there is a building group of them these days that you and tontik put together.

I can see rangers being a bit more dull than other classes in the village. Don't think we actually fought much but it was always fun.

103368, you tease
Posted by Ganicus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So when you first got commander I was a little surprised. I supose I had a divergent assesment of your character as compared to the Battle imms. That being said you definentally grew on me over time. I liked the way you handled the cabal politics (even if it sometimes meant there were situations/mages I couldn't hunt as a matter of policy) and I thought you did fairly well when all was said and done as a ranger in the village. I have tried that path before and its sometimes very annoying (though you can at least still fight shifters fairly well out of the wilds).

The stuff you had been talking about the last week... I have been waiting so long for someone to do that and you go and pull the delte trigger before starting it! Now I am going to have to put some boot to ass in the rites and even then I doubt the imms would let me put up a policy like what you were talking, you really did a good job with the politics.

I am surprised you haven't done an explore villager build. You may realize this after playing one but a group of villagers is way better then most other groups when it comes to exploring in dangerous places. they just tend to do so much less often.