Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Trafalgeiner Mange the Legend of the Battlefield
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=103318
103318, (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Trafalgeiner Mange the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue Oct 11 11:23:09 2011

At 1 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 9th of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Trafalgeiner perished, never to return.
Race:dwarf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:90
103424, I liked you a lot.
Posted by Vallinane on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And I was really looking forward to having a dwarf pincer spec to work with. Most of the other badasses in the fort lack for direct high damage lag abilities, so I think a pincer spec + binder could really tear some #### up when coordinated properly. Sad that it never quite worked out.

Yeah, Traf made a few mistakes here and there in PK, but I thought you had some serious potential. Like Garwern said, thought you were terribly new at first but then I saw some bits of experience poking through.
103428, Thanks. Your elf RP was cutting and I enjoyed it very much. n/t
Posted by Obaznuk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
103402, Liked your RP
Posted by Velack on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry it didn't work out for you. Follow an active imm next time!
No problem understanding your accent, a time or two I wondered about a word but I would just guess at it.

GLWYN
103407, Thanxors big guy,
I was so thrilled to see you finally get Acolyte, sorry if Traf was an ass about the controversial topics you'd bring up but he just couldn't see eye to eye with Velack's perspective. Which is exactly why I was thrilled to see you keep at it and Acolyte, I think the golden ones should be starkly different from the maran and should even seem a little bitchy to marans about the Maran's constant need for blood. Keep it up!
103320, It's really hard
Posted by Rayihn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
For me to figure out if you're RP'ing when I can't understand what you're saying at all pretty much ever. :(
103338, RE: It's really hard
Posted by Bohvik on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This is the kind thing I feel - as a player - i'd be happy to receive OOC tells or notes for.

"Hey - your written accent is very thick which makes it hard for me to get into your character. Would you please tone it down a bit?"

"I have no idea what "sommat" or "kinnae" are supposed to mean - can you fill me in?"

I know it's something I worry about when I try to get really specific with an accent. I try to counter it with consistency - but nothing is more important than simply being understood.
103340, +1 nt
Posted by Artificial on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
103341, Hehe
Posted by Angynn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I never had trouble understanding him, but I imagined listening to
a guy with a really thick scots accent that faded into american english
now and again.
103406, HAHAHA
Angynn... Thanks for the induct and the faith in Traf. Also, as for the accent fading back and forth, those were the times I really had no substitute. I.e,

"Tis time fer ye te git yer arse off tha floor!" - Fully scottish
"Ye wish te have o' drink wit' ma?" - Fully scottish
"I see tha mummy on tha Eastern Road!" - Not so much? Considering putting more apostrophes in my proper nouns but declined, cause I KNEW that would make PK info on the cabal channel more difficult for everyone. I would guess the immortals like accents, but don't like insanely drastic ones... like mine was.
103419, Dinnae worrit
Posted by Angynn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thar be them as ken.
Yer spake fine.
103463, anal
Posted by GrahamC on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>"Tis time fer ye te git yer arse off tha floor!" - Fully
>scottish

"Get aff yer erse!"

>"Ye wish te have o' drink wit' ma?" - Fully scottish
"Ye wannae hae a swally wi' me?"

>"I see tha mummy on tha Eastern Road!" - Not so much?
Ho! Thon bawbag tattie bogel is doon the eastern!
103354, That's what she said .NT
Posted by Gaspar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
NT lady
103405, RE: It's really hard
Honestly, I'm thrilled you took a peek at Traf, even if it was confusing. I am going to stay away from such speech patterns in the future, as I found it to be annoying myself. But once established, I felt it was impossible to get rid of. Basically, I was trying to RP the exact opposite of Yaofhil to little effect. He basically turned into 'Yaofhil Jr.' without the pk skills. After 90 hours of getting my ass handed to me, and realizing I was not good enough to make a Shokai follower when good ol' Shok's been awol for a while, I realized I could put another 300 hours into a char that might still barely be notable in the future or just move on. I also learned something, I think. If your char has a ####ty speech pattern, the LEAST you can do for any imm reading your role is leave the speech patterns out of the role. I shoulda gone with a different perspective to explain what I was trying to do. I think my biggest problem was feeling relatively new to the game, what with all the new preps/edges/etc. I think now though, I am ready to kill somebody... So watch out guys.
103408, RE: It's really hard
Posted by Garwern on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I appreciated Traf and his lighter view on things. At first I thought you were a newbie through and through and then after Ozrek mentioning that you were really coming along training wise I opened my eyes a bit and saw flares of experience.

This is extra cool because when I FIRST started playing I remember watching real Obaznuk pincer someone in Galadon. And...humor me, what was Obaznuk's catch phrase? Wootie? Yippie? Something like that? Or am I just misremembering completely.
103410, Wootie! Yip, yip!
Garwern's a badass and a well-played dwarf. Keep it up!
103423, Yaofhil had PK skills? nt
Posted by Vladamir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
103427, Maybe..
"(DELETED) Yaofhil BurntStones the Cursed Sounder of t"

Thu Apr 3 04:35:32 2003
At 11 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 14th of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Yaofhil perished, never to return.
Race:dwarf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:367
PK Ratio:65% (closer to 100% is better)

I don't know, was the first char I decided to go looking for PK's with.
103506, Farewell
Posted by Argivo on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I already said my goodbye ICly before you deleted, so I'll say little else except I meant every word, both IC'ly and OOC'ly, and that I think you were selling your character a little too short IC'ly and OOC'ly, and you were awesome and I'll miss you -- wow, that final leaving scene was a real tearjerker for me :)