Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Ozrek the Legend of the Battlefield
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=103210
103210, (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Ozrek the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Oct 8 07:08:13 2011

At 10 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 18th of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Ozrek perished, never to return.
Race:elf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:213
103218, ....
Posted by Caerdryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
.... Man... everything just keeps falling out from under me. You will be sorely missed.

Sorely.
103224, RE: ....
Posted by Ozrek on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Caerdryn is one stubborn bastard! Gotta love it. Makes things interesting around the ol' Fort. Stick to your guns, because you've got a cool character. Also, thanks for that epic mummy-stomp in Voralian City ;-)
103225, Thanks. And here's to you.
Posted by Caerdryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
CAERDRYN, YOU'RE DROWNING! EAT SOME SEAWEED!!! NOW!!!!!

I sure hope our next characters meet up again, because you were one of the guys who made playing Caerdryn even more fun.

See you around.
103216, So long
Hey everyone, I had some good times and though I was often at a loss for finding people to fight, I still managed to scrape a few here and there. Thank god for the Arena action, and all of you who were willing to throw down with me in there.

I'm not big on goodbyes these days, but my reasons for deletion are:

A) Huge pendulum swing right now towards neutral/good, especially at hero. It just tends to make things a bit too stale for my liking. I'd rather be the underdog.
B) Major real life things I need to focus my attention on.
C) Deck of Fate*.

All that said, let me just say that the Fortress has a really good mix of veterans and newer players right now, and the remaining vets could do a lot for the future of the game by whipping all the rookies into shape against all the evils that are on the rise.

I'll try to respond to individual posts!

So long!

*I've never had that bad of a draw, but I had been seriously considering deletion so it was no big deal.
103217, RE: So long
Posted by Tontik on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I remember seeing you at the shrine when you were rank 20 we had quite a few talks and you weren't that bad for a pointy eared weak wristed elf,ha
Was a good fight or two we had in the arena and to talk to thror sad to see you go and stay away from the deck of fate

Glwyn
Tontik
103223, How dare you thirst against me!
You were always cool. Glad we got to have some duels! That fight in the circle...guess what really killed me?

The pills-count-as-food code. Yep. I only managed to eat like one or two and couldn't heal, nor did I have enough preps to really make a good stand. I made a point of carrying self-famishing "preps" from then on to counter the problem. Ugh so frustrating though!

Getting off on a tangent here, but I think it's a strange side-effect of that code that now the bigger, typically healthier races like giants/orcs/minos now have another advantage in that they can grub on more pills before getting full. I hope we see some kind of edge to help us fellas with smaller stomachs eat more of those lil' lifesavers.
103226, There are non-pill magical healing items...
Posted by Twist on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
...that can be purchased in a very oft-frequented town.
103229, RE: So long
Posted by "Truff" on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks man, I could tell you could tell I was new-ish and you were a great leader durings time of darkness, and overwhelming boredom. Thanks for helping me hone my dwarf/elf RP a bit, and taking me training the 'special' way you did. You went out of your way every time to make it rich for everyone in the Fort. Well done.
103230, One more thing...
Posted by "Truff" on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You should know you made it into my role...
103233, Ozrek
Posted by Bohvik on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked Ozrek - you were smart, not too demanding, and easy to learn from. Ozrek's personality was fun to play with too - his willingness to occasionally concede points to others on spiritual issues earned my respect, IC and OOC, and you've had some influence on Bohvik's approach to Fort in return.

As far as the pendulum swing - I understand. I had no idea rolling up I was walking into a goodie power swing - but I'm empowered so, you know. Guess that means I'm committed or something, right?

Guess I get to look forward to fighting you, soon! :D GLWYN and don't kill me too bad k

103238, I love you long time
Posted by Vallinane on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks for all the help gearing and prepping, and I wished we coulda done more together. That deck of fate draw, though, that musta SUCKED.

I had so much fun working with you from squire to maranation to everything. We had some great banter going and a pretty strong trust with each other (on the same wavelength and everything). The caramaderie Ozrek offered is the sort of thing that keeps me coming back to the Fortress time after time. I loved you so much and Vallinane won't quite be the same after you're gone. </3

Stinger:

Ozrek says 'If eyes could vomit, ocular fluids would indeed be gushing forth at this moment.'

You say 'You, my friend, have the soul of a poet.'
103415, Ozrek, Noooo ! ! ! ! !
Posted by Kursh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ozrek! Noooo!!!!!!!!
You know better than to delete because of a silly power swing!
Just wait a few days or a week, and it all changes!
Look at what it looked like this morning!

<46 D-Elf Hea> (PK) Raegahn the Agent of the Divine, Imperial High Priestess
<51 Fire War> (PK) Eleagra the Legend of the Battlefield, Elite Imperial Blade
<51 Mummy Nec> (PK) Tzaritzawah Tenebraus the Mummy Lord, Elite Imperial Warlock
<47 Human Thi> (PK) Tezart the Secret, Godfather of Voralian City, Elite Imperial Shadow
<49 Svirf Shf> (PK) (WANTED) Bogolyubov the Grand Sorcerer of Transformation
<51 Mummy Nec> (PK) Dvalygg Veidt the Mummy Lord, Initiate of the Beast
*51 Gnome Inv* (PK) Kursh the Weaver of the Elements
<51 H-Drw Inv> (PK) Jolka Biruti the Weaver of the Elements
<43 Min War> (PK) Kymbal the Seeker of the Macalla, Elite Imperial Blade
<51 Storm War> Velack the Legend of the Battlefield, Acolyte of the Golden Sun
<51 D-Elf A-P> (PK) Dieterle Axin the Fist of Darkness

I will miss you, a lot!!! You are the best! I guess we'll never get to explore some of those things you kept talking about!
And that thing with the deck of cards I drew! It was the most fun I had ever had, even though I died! I met you when you were a young enterprising squire asking for invoker shields to fight three battleragers on Kiadanah and the location of your favorite dagger every three minutes! And you turned into this universally respected and acclaimed warrior of goodness who defeated a famous, powerful mummy! (Even though I think group boundaries are arbitrary!) You are the best and funnest ever and I will miss having you as a friend!

(I took out a lot because it was tangled up into things going on for me right now! But thank you for some fun memories and times!).

103214, Damn.
Posted by Angynn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked Ozrek, and I owed him one for throwing a fit :)
I was hoping for a chance to make it up to you.
Good luck with the next.
103222, RE: Damn.
I remember you from when I was Nharuk (yep, I was ol' Meadstone).

I felt honestly bad for getting at all pissed with that incident in Dranety. I was just frustrated it took so long for people to realize I was getting roflstomped by a vampire! It was just a chaotic mess and really wasn't anyone's fault.

Angynn is a fun character and brings a light-heartedness to the Fort that sometimes gets forgotten. My only suggestion - next time don't make such a sleep-dependent character.

Monks need that Awakened Spirit edge or something, or get like improved trance/meditation (they are MONKS after all...)
103228, NO KIDDING!!!
Posted by Angynn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Had I known exactly how mana dependent they were I'd have gone with
something else. Hehe.
103213, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Ozrek the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Garwern on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Man. Ozrek was the next generation of badass warriors. You were next in line for leader and awesome to work with. Now I have no one to permalag buff evils with. Sad panda.
103215, Re: permalag, and a comment for Oz
Posted by Bohvik on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hold on, let me write a role entry about learning to trip.

Ozrek - I couldn't wait to Hero and RP with you more. Am disappoint. GLWYN!
103221, Re:
I honestly don't think I was badass. I did alright, but I think a better second legacy choice would have done wonders. Also, ragers/nexuns (specifically Zenze) could roll me pretty easy most of the time. Granted, I was reluctant to burn preps against fights with non-evils, so I was typically not even in the dam-redux department. That surely played a part.

I was being rp'ish when I chose Gates, and I honestly shouldn't have. I thought it could be good, functionally, but I just never got the mileage out of it that I was hoping for. I think a drow could pull that off better, due to some gear options. But, honestly unless it's a more strength-oriented build, I'd say do the Kostyan route and go for Soul instead of Gates if you are trying to go for longevity in fights.

Sorry, kinda went off on a tangent there!

I would have thought Garwern a better choice for a leader, given the total love you've been getting (completely deserved, btw).

Good luck buddy. Keep kickin ass.

103211, NOOOOOOOO! Ozrek, my love!
Posted by Vallinane on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were so awesome. One of the few forties I could count on for a nearly flawless tactics. Why you delete? WHY?
103212, Deck of fate?!
Posted by Abernyte on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ouch
103220, Re:
You've got some strong support in the Fort, mi amigo. It was always fun interacting with you, and things never got boring when you were around. Fort thieves/assassins are so vital. Having just one can change everything. No wonder evil thieves/assassins absolutely hate you!

Anyways, good luck man! (or is that...woman? :+ )