Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Gabrucin Reithe the Grand Master of Changelings, Corpulent Beast
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=103208
103208, (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Gabrucin Reithe the Grand Master of Changelings, Corpulent Beast
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri Oct 7 15:51:59 2011

At 1 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 14th of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Gabrucin perished, never to return.
Race:half-drow
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:105
103243, The Hunger has ended, Gabrucin is dead.
Posted by Abernyte on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Gabrucin was initially a throwaway character that I rolled up to waste some time with and I even rage deleted him at rank 11 after a stupid mob death.

I ressurected him and hit upon a nice little RP idea that I loved to play out and really wanted to use it to get stuck into Mergulla's RP and bring her back to the fore. This turned out to be one of the issues in later life, however, as I had a few awkward decisions to make and my own set of personal values meant that I did not pray or go to her shrine and so I felt like I was stimied and so I began to lose interest. At this point of my farewell I am looking for advice should I find myself in the situation again.

If I log on with my character and want to pray or go to the shrine of my Goddess and I see on the 'Who' list that my Goddess is online but in one of her other roles.....what do you do?

It felt a bit crap to me to do it as it may come across to said Imm that I am using the fact that I know she is on to pray so I never did it and unfortunately for me, towards the end, I would log on and about 70% of the time see the Good version or the Neutral version so I would avoid active worship.

This reason, along with the fact that I was getting sick fed up of people whinging to me about 'weaponbreaker/shatter' and them either threatening to full me or in the case of the lucky rager who killed me last, take a few items plus all my rods (which is massively time consuming compared to going and replacing one weapon btw!) so over time this began to grate on me. Couple that with my deepest regret about taking the ram form and using it!

Now, don't get me wrong, the ram is a solid form and delivers a lot but I could hardly ever finish people off because of butt either not lagging or not lagging enough. Countless numbers of people would get away at convulsing and I would be left gnashing my teeth in frustration! I wished I had rolled as I would not have actually minded any other form. My big wish was for Rhinoceros, tiger, lion or to try the new Gorilla but I already rolled my mongoose into a Komodo (for RP reasons believe it or not!) and wanted to use some edge points for something other than form changing, silly me, as I had loads spare when I deleted!

Tribunals I enjoyed fighting or raiding against - Ajeagre, Gleebrok, Paulus and Nirilas who I would generally just keep your day busy in Galadon.

Outlanders: I love the cabal and the unease that can be created between branches.
Rasst you are a great reaver but I only wish you were not in my time as I would really have liked to go for Alpha Reaver.

Zosi - I loved from an RP point of view and enjoyed how you would take others RP and just use it mixed in with your own, effortlessly.

Sarriela - Glad you got yourself up to hero eventually and thanks for always being willing to get mixed up in the sometimes crazy foolish raids that Gabrucin was driven to try for the sake of his hunger.

There are others but you were the main ones that I interacted with.

Battle: Tontik was always good fun, Mubs less so and some of the new ones were a little more arsey but if a ram is fighting you and you it, the outcome will be one of your lives are ended, don't expect the ram with it's limited arsenal to not use skills the IMMORTALS have given it and then hold it against it afterwards. You new ones were some of the worst for threats and eventual rod looting.

Empire: Shame there were none of you about who were willing to throw down after that Minotaur blade deleted.

Nexus - Enjoyed hurting villagers with you and nibbling the destructor.

Zenze - Your flesh tasted sweet, even if the death was chaotic. One minute I am fighting Tontik then you are fighting him, then I am jumping you and then when you die I am fighting Tontik again. It warmed the heart of a chaotic outlander.

Mergulla - Sorry, I wanted to do more but frustrations leaked in and I could not shake it.

Anyway, that is all for now. Still have my ultimate CF goal intact and will likely play until I am 60 until I earn a special form. Hell I have fought and killed most of them, I just want to be on the other side once......maybe next time.

103246, RE: The Hunger has ended, Gabrucin is dead.
Posted by Reksah on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked pretty much everything I saw of this character, even though it was hard for me to catch you at times I could directly watch you.

I also liked your role. Shame you didn't enter my contest.
103257, Lots of nummy new quest forms in now too...mmm nt
Posted by Rayihn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
103266, don't make me feel worse than I already do!
Any advice about the dilemma I faced?
103287, RE: Yeah....
Posted by Rayihn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I got so much crap when I made Merg to try and help Scion out that it really made the char unfun. So she got shelved when I went on "maternity leave" and since there's Reksah to fill the void of a Scion imm I haven't brought her back much, so dormant really is dormant with her. I probably should delete/take her off the wizlist but god damn is her tattoo cool. (though seriously AWFUL to give to an outlander. Mean awful)

That said, I kept an eye on you (steak, title, etc) and if you'd come to the shrine I generally RP Merg as too lazy to show up and will interact with you with various shrine mobs, so I think that avoiding the shrine was a bad idea with you. I'm not gauranteeing that you'll get the top notch interaction you'd get with Baer, but you never know what will happen.
103301, Well, that makes me feel less bad about it.
knowing Merg is more or less dormant now but massive thanks for the little bits you did give me, title, lastname and the Puhguly dinner!
103265, RE: The Hunger has ended, Gabrucin is dead.
I didn't enter? I was pretty sure I did.

Thanks for the complements. Was the Puhguly dinner from you?
103267, RE: The Hunger has ended, Gabrucin is dead.
Posted by Reksah on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Nope, I checked the list again before posting to make sure.

No Puhguly dinner from me, not sure who that was. Probably Mergulla.
103300, Bugger! I really thought I had.
Now I want to cry a little! waaaah!
103273, RE: The Hunger has ended, Gabrucin is dead.
Posted by Tontik on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
***you should feel special getting a custom goodbye instead of the old copy paste hahahhahaha*****

you were always a big pain in the but but hey abs shifter with vuln damage to me is like that hehehehe...and I am probably one of the people that freaked out about the weaponbreak(sometimes i just loose my mind when gear is involved even though I am no longer 17 with anger problems like when i started many many moons ago) if not i should have I had just spent a rl hour getting it and had it forged and then within 30 seconds of wielding it I fought you and you broke it first try, did not have it in me to go get it back after that so I was like dang it....ahhaha

but seriously come back to the village stop playing easy shifters with wands and stuff way to easy for you, come back to the darkside

p.s. And weaponbreak is always a viable and legit tatic though for somereason i just cant get myself to do it hehehhehe

glwyn