Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [TRIBUNAL] Paulus Fitz the High Wizard of the Arcane, Magistrate of Galadon
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=103188
103188, (RAGE DELETE) [TRIBUNAL] Paulus Fitz the High Wizard of the Arcane, Magistrate of Galadon
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Oct 6 13:34:17 2011

At 12 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 18th of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Paulus perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:transmuter
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:216
103209, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [TRIBUNAL] Paulus Fitz the High Wizard of the Arcane, Magistrate of Galadon
Posted by dasilver71 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks to any and all kind words - some of you almost make it sound like I had a chance several times...

I initially started as almost a throw-away char, having not played a muter since the "hold person" days. I also wanted to use duo to get a better feel for the sleeks system, as I am an old (very old) returning player. I didn't know what I was doing most of the time, but by the end things were starting to make sense. I feel like I mob died about a kajillion times.

I never did find my sleek aura or barrier, which made things tricky to say the least. I had a limited aura source, and I think I held a barrier wand in my hands for about 10 RL minutes at one point.

I enjoyed , as a player, the challenge of fighting highly competent and deathful Villagers and Outlanders, but my char - not so much. It didn't feel right trying to retrieve and getting killed by Goodie Outlanders (and vice-versa) - this has always been my main issue with the game is that good should never really ever be killing good. But I digress...

I didn't know what I was doing most of the time, and by the time I almost started to, I wasn't enjoying myself as much. Trib is (was) in the process of turning over with a new class of recruits, and I was starting to feel a little worn out. Retrieving against a defender with insect call was almost always a death sentence. Getting jumped by Villagers while trying to wrangle a Chasm or Outlander criminal was getting old (not in any way a dig at parity or whatever, I found my interactions with the Village to be honorable and appropriate). My last couple deaths left a real bad taste, with a typo killing me on one, and an un-fleeable defender with insects on the other - resulting in a large number of my limited items going up in Chromatic Flame. Anyway -

Tontik/Mubs/Ganicus - sort of an interchangeable mass of death, as far as I was concerned. Rock on.

Nirilas/Gleebrok/Ajeagre - Made the Spire enjoyable, I have always had an Arbiter soft spot. All top notch as far as I am concerned.

Zosi - might have had a chance against you when I was younger, if I had known what I was doing. Now - no chance.

Nhirilas - I used to cast locate object on some items you always had in a manic fashion, I hated not feeling comfortable anywhere.

I am forgetting a ton, but I am really bad with names.

Thanks to all the cool players that are still making the MUD a great experience, I had very few negative situations. I have some hilariously bad tells related to being a Tribby I will post someday for a laugh.

Cheers
103196, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [TRIBUNAL] Paulus Fitz the High Wizard of the Arcane, Magistrate of Galadon
Posted by Asthiss on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sad week for Tribs.

Was hoping to see you be made provincial. In fact I was surprised you didn't get it a long time ago. As I said on Ajes thread. Always liked seeing you log on so that I had someone to work along side with.
103190, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [TRIBUNAL] Paulus Fitz the High Wizard of the Arcane, Magistrate of Galadon
Posted by Tontik on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
all our fights just seemed to go horrible for you versus me seems like i always pulled spellbane or you landed a weak nuero but you were not afriad to mix it up and you did almost get me a few times wording, healing up and coming to get me

well good luck with your next
103199, Hey Tontik
Posted by Masardu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tontik, You can't leave messages like this. You need to come up with a pre-planned, well written comment for all mages/nexus who delete like the comment you have for the Villagers who delete.

----------------------

Sorry Paulus for hijacking your death thread. I had fun talking/RPing with you. I remember few times I saw you in Galadon without Duo, I was amazed. I am still surprised how you did not make Provincial.

GLWYN
103204, Hey Masardu
Posted by Gaspar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Masardu, You can't leave messages like this. You need to come up with a pre-planned, well written comment for all warriors/villagers who make comments on deletion threads like the comment you have for the mages who delete.

-----------------

Sorry Paulus for hijacking your death thread. I had fun not talking/RPing with you. I remember few times I saw you in Galadon with Duo, I was amazed. I am still surprised how you did not make Provincial, but you did delete, so that's most likely it.

GLWYN
103189, sad to see a really good foe go away
Posted by Ganicus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I know the win loss between us was a little lopsided but you were the toughest muter I have had to fight with this char (Zheb has managed to get me a few times but that was mostly chippin away until he got the perma lag on neuro). You have no idea how close you came to killing me with the accelerate and bleeding tactic, If I had not taken thick veined and a couple of bird edges at rank 30 you would have been absolutly wiping the floor with me with that tactic.

You were always up for a tussel and really made me push my limits to get at you. I hope you make a villager next!