Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Ungalthar the Stalker
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=103157
103157, (DELETED) [None] Ungalthar the Stalker
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Oct 5 09:05:16 2011

At 6 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 14th of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Ungalthar perished, never to return.
Race:orc
Class:berserker
Level:37
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:95
103179, I am sorry it went like it went
Posted by Bhurmag on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But you really piss me off.
I was gathering gear for lowbie orcs to help them grow,
and i told it to every single new peon, but you decided to be lowbie pker,
was spiting to my suggestions and lying to my face,
after all, you have fogged me in village when Ozrek came to face me
(this didn't kill me or something but..) and sacrificed all armors i placed into the pit and this finally broke our relationship.
I gave you last chance and we have interacted a bit in Clan, but
you decided to stay on your own.
Well, you left me no choice and i have squelched you.
Yes, Grinning Skulls isn't the cabal, but Chieftain is still the leader
of horde,
strongest and bloodthirsty beast, why would small orc argue him?
In my eyes this is sort of poor orcish RP this is why it went like it went.
You could avoid me, trying to trick me somehow, but not argue.
103183, RE: I am sorry it went like it went
Posted by flatline on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm sorry I pissed you off, was not my intention, though it was clear when you threw up the ignore that I had and from that point on was careful how I spoke to you, its not my intention to make the game less fun for folks.
It was less deciding to be a lowbie PK'r and more trying to get my skills up that was dictating the slow levelling on my part, and a masochistic part of me actually enjoys it, though I was taking the opportunity to get into fights where I could.
Yeah, fogging you out was only the start of it, I was paying everyone I could to gun for you making deals and whatnot to arrange as much firepower when the time came to challenge for the throne. As for the pit, I figured the character would have decided that he wanted money for his new life outside the clan and used what I could to pay for the change in hometown if I remember correctly.
I appreciate the fact you gave me the chance to redeem myself in your eyes when I hit 35, you if anything were too soft on me considering the past, but the character was not one for backing down, not particulary orcish, who felt no sense of kinship with anyone or any thing in Thera. I had the option of not logging in during your playtimes or playing another character during them or even starting over when the situation started, but since I learned long ago that playing one character at a time is the way forward stuck with it. The past couple of days you'll notice that I had been 'nicer' scouting etc, this was as you probably realise an attempt to gain your trust in my eyes sufficiently to lead you into a trap.
All in all this was an attempt to play the same race/class as my previous character Vrigbez, and yet distance myself from him, so when the opportunity came to create the tension between us since it fit with my role I took it, and enjoyed it to be honest. After you told me that I was outcast from the Clan, I took it on my own head to change hometown, and inform each and evey orc I saw of the case, and only spoke on the Clan channel when you were on (except one slip). As I say I'm sorry if I made your experience less fun, that was not my intention I had hoped our interactions would have made clear that everything I said was IC, though if not the mistake is mine and I appologise. As I said before keep on keeping on, you're doing a great job as chief and there are a good few more orcs than you see due to your playtimes, so your Clan has plenty of up and comers.
The death knell for this one is the fact that RL is getting in the way and its probable that I'll not be able to play for the next three months or so (yay for getting back to sailing) unless the ships I end up on have internet access which is unlikely.
103201, Holy Hell
Posted by Masardu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thats a HUGE block of text. It was very nice to get the background you playing with.

But dude, that is a HUGE block of text. Please, make it easier on the eyes and help people read you response not hate it.

Didn't knew what Squelch was used for, nice to know.
103185, You did good chief.
Posted by Alston on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I absolutely hated that character. Just another power gamey player who was quasi ooc in everything he did and acted compelty un-orc like from what I saw.

I've never liked the squelch ability of chiefs, but this changed my mind. I'm glad you used it and even more glade he deleted as a result. Good riddance.
103191, RE: You did good chief.
The un-orc like I totally get, hat was intentional given I had just played a sniveling kowtowing orc the quasi ooc however I am at a loss with, if you could give me examples I will see about working on that particular aspect, if you are referring to not wanting to level with you then that was for two reasons, first I had heard you had led another orc to thier death to loot them, and secondly the exp was coming in too fast to let me learn slow enough to work on my skills, at the time my parry and dodge were pretty poor.
103194, Cant edit the post above for some reason to add the squelching was nothing to do with the deletion
I expected to get squelched and made sure that it happened frankly since it fit with where I had planned to take the character, as for the reasons they are in my reply to Bhurmag