Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [NEXUS] Cawbocks the Student of the Macalla
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=103103
103103, (RAGE DELETE) [NEXUS] Cawbocks the Student of the Macalla
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Oct 3 19:49:38 2011

At 11 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 1st of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Cawbocks perished, never to return.
Race:arial
Class:warrior
Level:48
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:112
103109, man i know its not your fault.....
Posted by Tontik on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I am really trying to take the high road with this char, but dang you just rubbed me the wrong way...i remember you at like rank 30 saying we were faceless cowards for a 2 on 1 at the guardians of balance then as soon as you were in range ganging me down with like 3 others and fulling me.....which i am sure i went on tilt about heheheheheh

Maybe you got raped and fulled by some other villagers or something but you just seemed really harsh in your rp to me, oh well maybe i was the only one you came off to like that.

You were a good warrior, and could diffently give me a run for the money especially when we didnt have the head and you did raid quite a bit so good luck with your next and come play on the dark side with the villagers :)
103124, I do not recall that incident.
Posted by Cawbocks on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
"I am really trying to take the high road with this char, but dang you just rubbed me the wrong way...i remember you at like rank 30 saying we were faceless cowards for a 2 on 1 at the guardians of balance then as soon as you were in range ganging me down with like 3 others and fulling me"

What?

First off, I do not recall ever calling you a faceless coward.

Secondly I killed you solo the first time we fought and either died and I did full you, but you didn't talk #### like all the other ragers had been doing so I gave it all back, since Rhin seemed to agree you were pretty decent when I asked. Later on you started trash talking me so I fulled you that time, yes. I didn't full anyone when pking with nexus because I knew they didn't appreciate it, even in cases where I really wanted to and it was really deserved, Mubs, for example).

And I came off as a #### to anyone who #### talked me, yes(90% of all ragers).
103125, It's a bad circle to get into though.
Posted by Allysia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Seemed liked there was a circle of heavy looting revolving around you, and I really did not know all that much except that you got it bad some times. I got complained to once or twice by villagrs, but I try my best to leave everybody to their own thing. So I say one thing, and I'm done with it. And you generally rolled with it and kept on going that I saw, which I thought was a real classy attitude.

And lots of villagers talk smack. It's RP. It's fine.

You can respond how you like of course, but I can't count how much talk I've been subjected to from villagers. The key is to embrace it and enjoy the RP dynamics while still maintaining an IC/OC distinction. For me, a villager smack talking me blatantly OOC is annoying. If they do it IC I tend to enjoy it. And mostly the ones in PK range don't talk smack nearly as much as ones out of it.

I liked Cawbocks, you were certainly ballsy. Coming in to retrieve when you have like six villagers in range (three which can only harm you) and really you only died cause I was not healing until it was too late. (sorry!)

Anyway, hope you are back in the fields soon having fun.
103126, I really don't like villagers whining about gear.
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fortress/Empire is one thing. But villagers?

(And yes, I know a couple times I've said things like 'You're really going to take all from my corpse' but if that's whining then oh well)

Seriously, players are so hyper-sensitive about looting now, and it cracks me up because the dude's doing the full-looting are usually the ones whining like scalded dogs the moment they get one thing taken from their corpse.
103127, Please don't insult the way my dog acts when scalded. nt.
Posted by Tsunami on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
notext
103128, RE: It's a bad circle to get into though.
No, it's fine. That's the price you pay for fulling some people. Also, I'd full anyone named Cawbocks no questions asked anyway. I'm okay with the looting cycle, not why I deleted, had gotten bored and the last death made me decide to pull the plug. Cawbocks wasn't a good character for me. On the note of the looting, full looting people has never really bothered me, it's how some try to justify it that bugs me. Just do it and be done with it, it's just armor and it's not a big deal.

I personally felt like a lot of the smack talk was OOC, but maybe I was mistaken. Sometimes people talk smack and it's clear it's their character, even if they're being a ####, but a lot of times I think it's just the player being a ####.

I liked Allysia, I felt like a lot of the time you weren't always participating with the rest of the cabal in raids, at least sometimes(I expect you were gathering preps or trying to help doing your own thing).

It annoyed me a bit at first, but after a while I wound up wishing I'd played more that way. Nothing wrong with it, honestly, and Nexus is pretty unique in that there is always more than one way to serve the balance. No offense to anyone I played with in Nexus, and I know I underprepped severely for a lot of raids on battle, but raiding with nexus felt a lot like raiding with fort sometimes, those situations where you're counting on someone to do something because you think it's common sense and it just doesn't happen, and you don't have time to communicate, etc. It starts to make you feel like you'd be better off if you had just been picking off people on your lonesome, or at least not bother to join in until get gather all your preps.

And it very well could have just been me. Getting one rounded by random ass deathblows because all I have up is stoneskin is anything but reliable for cabalmates. ;)

I'll do another nexun at some point, though, I'll just adjust my playstyle a bit.

Whirlwind of steel was great, for the record.
103129, Another anon post bug/loophole
When you edit a post from anon, then go look at "read new," it shows the person's actual handle as "most recent post" in the thread. No this isn't me, but now the guy is covered a bit.

EDIT: Sorry that should be the "last modified by" part.
103130, RE: Another anon post bug/loophole
Good to know.

Thanks for covering me.
103131, Hey Keep your pants on please
I won't ask you again
103150, Got to love that name though.
Posted by DurNominator on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It reminds me of a big black crow.
103158, That's pretty accurate.
Posted by Allysia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
There are reasons Allysia is as she is and is not quite as out for raiding/killing all the time, especially compared to her earlier years, but generally you are right, she's very much a do her own thing type now. That's something to explain more when she's finally gone though.

And yeah, a little extra prepping is always beneficial against Villagers. :)

Would be good to see you try another nexun, for what it's worth I think the cabal offers a fairly broad range of methods to go about following the cabal ideas and lots of interesting PK fights that most others miss out on.
103133, RE: I do not recall that incident.
Posted by Tontik on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
and it was you who talked smack when we raided and you were mid 30's...

first time i died to you was not 1 on 1 it was a raid(like 4v3) and zenze got killed by me after everyone scatted from either a single fiend or double fiend, and when i went back to our corpses i full looted him by mistake but mine was empty anyway, we traded gear at that point so you did not give it back you traded it because zenze was naked.

and my trash talk consitetd of me fighting you on eastern you running off then coming back with a invoker and bard to raid so yeah I said something to the effect of maybe next time bring more friends at first...it had been a long login...

I was killed right after that by you in the weald with no head and you fulled me to the pies, tthen said something bitchie and then ignored me....five minutes later i killed you in ragesteel gear and fulled you in return and yes everyone in the village disliked you maybe if you RP a jerk people will think you are a jerk

oh well, done with the my dad can beat up your dad and my swingset is bigger than your swingset contest

glwyn
103134, don't waste your breath
Posted by laxman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
caw was a trash char (admitedly by its own player) played by a trash player. Don't waste time trying to put anything into perspective. My guess is that it was rogue as he recently returned, is decent in pk, and loves the full loot.
103136, That isn't fair to Rogue. nt
Posted by robdarken_ on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
103135, We are not on the same page.
Posted by RobD/Cawbocks on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
"and it was you who talked smack when we raided and you were mid 30's..."
I'd like to see this unprovoked. I have a pretty good habit of not opening my mouth unless the other ####head does first.

"first time i died to you was not 1 on 1 it was a raid(like 4v3) and zenze got killed by me after everyone scatted from either a single fiend or double fiend, and when i went back to our corpses i full looted him by mistake but mine was empty anyway, we traded gear at that point so you did not give it back you traded it because zenze was naked."

This is a different incident than the one I was referring to. I was referring to our one on one fight later in the weald(the one where you do have the head), where I fulled you, yes, and then gave all of your things back at the isle. I'd forgotten the one before that, but if you're saying I spoke to you in the mid 30s and then fulled you when I got into range, I imagine it's because you were running your mouth. I don't talk #### unprovoked, I hate that kind of attitude, I normally don't even talk #### regardless, just stick up ignore when someone is being a faggot.

Some time after that you started talking ####, so the next time I did full you. And yes I died after that.

Unfortunately I don't have the entire log, but here's what I have saved, the "something bitchy" I said before ignoring you and the precedent, you started this conversation by calling me a coward, for the record:
civilized <851hp 600m 317mv 10121tnl (44.39%)> reply I don't get your point.
You tell Tontik 'I don't get your point.'

civilized <851hp 600m 317mv 10121tnl (44.39%)> wher
People near you:
(PK) Jhappil Within a Sand and Rock Garden
(PK) Cawbocks Inside a Magical Rift

civilized <851hp 600m 317mv 10121tnl (44.39%)>
Tontik tells you 'You just ran away from me there mate..'

civilized <858hp 600m 369mv 10121tnl (44.39%)> reply If it were your village you'd all dogpile and claim it was a raid situation.
You tell Tontik 'If it were your village you'd all dogpile and claim it was a raid situation.'

civilized <858hp 600m 369mv 10121tnl (44.39%)> wher
People near you:
(PK) Jhappil Within a Sand and Rock Garden
(PK) Cawbocks Inside a Magical Rift

civilized <858hp 600m 369mv 10121tnl (44.39%)>
Tontik tells you 'And ran for the protection of your friends skirttails.'

civilized <858hp 600m 369mv 10121tnl (44.39%)>
Tontik tells you 'Not me there mate and you know it.'

civilized <858hp 600m 421mv 10121tnl (44.39%)> reply I regret not emptying you.
You tell Tontik 'I regret not emptying you.'

civilized <858hp 600m 421mv 10121tnl (44.39%)> ignore tontik
You are now ignoring Tontik.

civilized <316hp 582m 764mv 10121tnl (44.39%)>
You flow to one side as Tontik's cleave passes.
Tontik's cleave MANGLES you!
You dodge Tontik's cleave.
You parry Tontik's cleave.
Tontik parries your smash.
Your crush MASSACRES Tontik!
Tontik is DEAD!!
You feel the crackling of mana surge down your arms as the Veil pulses with new power!
You land the killing blow against Tontik.
<234hp 582m 764mv 10121tnl (44.39%)> You get a light brown hooded velvet cloak trimmed in red from the corpse of Tontik.
You get a large sack from the corpse of Tontik.
You get a set of polished mithril armplates from the corpse of Tontik.
You get a polished mithril breastplate from the corpse of Tontik.
You get the slavemaster's insignia from the corpse of Tontik.
You get a pair of crude iron leg plates from the corpse of Tontik.
You get a tattered bandit's mask from the corpse of Tontik.
You get the Cloak of the Bear-kin from the corpse of Tontik.
You get slime-covered gauntlets made of charcoal dragonscales from the corpse of Tontik.
You get a fine stole of white ermine from the corpse of Tontik.
You get Mahn-Tor's Great Axe from the corpse of Tontik.
You get an engraved silver bracelet from the corpse of Tontik.
You get a golden lion's wrath ring from the corpse of Tontik.
A golden lion's wrath ring: you can't carry that many items.
A bronze-tipped spear: you can't carry that many items.
A canoe: you can't carry that many items.
A gold crown ring bedazzled with precious gems: you can't carry that many items.
A circlet of dark metal: you can't carry that many items.
The belt of strength: you can't carry that many items.
A bracelet of burnished platinum: you can't carry that many items.
A metal canteen insulated in a wolf's pelt: you can't carry that many items.
A heavy axe engraved with dwarven runes: you can't carry that many items.
A large battleaxe named 'Frostreaver': you can't carry that many items.
A pile of bone fragments: you can't carry that many items.
A drake-scaled flail named, 'Crimson Slumber': you can't carry that many items.
A pair of white rothe-hide boots: you can't carry that many items.
You get 64 silver coins from the corpse of Tontik.
You get 19 copper coins from the corpse of Tontik.

####
PROTECTED civilized <234hp 582m 746mv 10121tnl (44.39%)>
Tontik has arrived.

PROTECTED civilized <234hp 582m 746mv 10121tnl (44.39%)> tell tontik Why you feel the need to run your mouth is beyond me.

And then I toss up ignore.

Sometimes I wish I logged instead of just pasting things from buffer.

Honestly when you started ####-talking me I sincerely regretted having ever given you the benefit of the doubt at Rhin's insistence.

If that's your character then cool beans. But I don't call people out of my range faceless cowards for no reason, I'm not going to sit here and listen to you lie about it, if I said anything you said something to me first. I wouldn't even use that phrasing so I think you may be pulling that entirely out of your ass to begin with.
103137, This log does not make you look good.
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Just saying.

And you do kinda have a history of ####-talking. Not as bad as some
would claim, but there have been several times we've interacted over
the years where you and I got into ####-talk battles.

Remember when you con-killed Ghrim? I said something (completely IC)
about that being the greatest accomplishment you'd ever do, then you
pretty much gave me complete #### RP (imho).

civilized <125hp (10%) 303m 1154mv 24350tnl (-26.49%)> (2 AM) full raining tell skenhog Enjoy tha' lad. Prolly tha' greates' thing yer'll ever do
You tell Skenhog 'Enjoy tha' lad. Prolly tha' greates' thing yer'll ever do'

civilized <125hp (10%) 303m 1154mv 24350tnl (-26.49%)> (2 AM) full raining e
Along the Eastern Road

e
Along the Eastern Road

civilized <125hp (10%) 303m 1154mv 24350tnl (-26.49%)> (2 AM) full raining Alas, you cannot go that way.

civilized <125hp (10%) 303m 1154mv 24350tnl (-26.49%)> (2 AM) full raining
Skenhog tells you 'You're a joke.'

civilized <125hp (10%) 303m 1154mv 24350tnl (-26.49%)> (2 AM) full raining s
Along the Eastern Road

Along the Eastern Road

e
e
Along the Eastern Road

Along the Eastern Road

civilized <125hp (10%) 303m 1154mv 24350tnl (-26.49%)> (2 AM) full raining Along the Eastern Road

civilized <125hp (10%) 303m 1154mv 24350tnl (-26.49%)> (2 AM) full raining Alas, you cannot go that way.

civilized <125hp (10%) 303m 1154mv 24350tnl (-26.49%)> (2 AM) full raining reply Eh?
You tell Skenhog 'Eh?'

civilized <125hp (10%) 303m 1154mv 24350tnl (-26.49%)> (2 AM) full raining s
Along the Eastern Road

e
e
Along the Eastern Road

e
e
Along the Eastern Road

civilized <125hp (10%) 303m 1154mv 24350tnl (-26.49%)> (2 AM) full raining
Skenhog tells you 'Fat chance.'

103152, I didn't know I con-killed you.
I just assumed you were talking #### like usual.

OH WOW, you killed ME, that's the greatest thing you'll ever do!

"And you do kinda have a history of ####-talking. Not as bad as some
would claim, but there have been several times we've interacted over
the years where you and I got into ####-talk battles."

And you have a history of lying.

I'd love for you to produce a log of me #### talking someone unprovoked. I don't do that, especially as a habitual thing. I hate that attitude. I don't send people tells like "Coward, run back to x... y..." because I'm frustrated ooc they won't do what I want. Normally, I don't even respond to that. I slap on ignore and make a note to full loot them. I normally don't even say anything to people who are angry enough to full me. Not interested.

It is EXCEEDINGLY rare for me to talk #### to someone without them starting it, just because I, as a person, hate that kind of attitude. I am just exceptionally cruel to people who do.
103169, One thing I'll say
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Some people slap on ignore too easily.

I something get people say something to me, I reply (completely ic) they reply, and then ignore is on.

That then makes me think the player is a ####. I typically try to remember to treat them worse as a result. If I don't catch them any time soon, I've typically calmed down and don't, but if I do, I'll normally treat them more harshly for it.
103154, This post does not make you look good
*insert out of context log, summarized with extreme personal bias, here*
103138, RE: We are not on the same page.
Posted by silat on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This log makes you look pretty bad. Talking smack then putting up ignore is one of the most childest things you can do.
103153, Only if you want it to.
I think it makes a difference that I never initiate it. The only people who will hear a word from me are the ones who run their mouths to begin with. I am consistent about this, you set the tone of any conversation you will have with me IC.

If you're talking #### to me, of course I'm going to ignore it, I have better things to do sit around and have a pissing contest with some idiot. I don't enjoy that aspect of the game.

Usually I don't even respond to smack talk, but I don't think it's so out of bounds to reply when someone feels the need to call you a coward etc, and then put their stupid ass on ignore.
103159, All villagers talk smack, dude, it's practically part of their religion
Posted by Vortex Magus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
honestly, I think you took a mostly IC bit of trash talk and turned it into this nasty OOC bitchfight with the ignore and the full looting.

Yeah, you're absolutely right it was smack talk. But I've had a lot of fun conversations from IC smack talk, and I believe it's rarely anything personal. You shouldn't assume everyone hates you just from the tone of the first two or three sentences.

And you shouldn't be so quick to chuck out the "I'm gonna full loot you next time" + ignore combo, since that just leaks giant piles of OOC anger management problems to me.