Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AUTO) [HERALD] Wyndynne Stormfeather the Windreading Deckhand
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=102549
102549, (AUTO) [HERALD] Wyndynne Stormfeather the Windreading Deckhand
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Sep 19 05:31:54 2011

At 12 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 5th of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Wyndynne perished, never to return.
Race:arial
Class:invoker
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:HERALD, the Heralds of the Eternal Star
Hours:378
102556, The ONLY person who has more connection issues than I do at the moment.
Posted by Illetvegomba on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm surprised and sad to see this. I'm about to be able to play again reliably, and was hoping you would be able to too. Oh well. Get back here soon.
102554, Woe is me, the handsomest bird I ever met is now gone.
Posted by Skeeta Twitterlark on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Since you've autoed, I don't know if you'll even read this, but maybe you'll dig up this thread at some point.

I suppose this comes as no surprise, though I'm still sad. I kept hoping you'd return to activity at some point.

So what happened? I felt like you became High Herald, basked in that for about a week, and then was like "Ok, I've now done it all with this character! I've won the Wyndynne Game, and now I'm done!"

I loved your fortune-telling! You made it easy to incorporate those fortunes into one's individual roleplay, which was fantastic. I actually played a successful palm-reader a LONG time ago, so I recognized the 'bit' and must commend you on a job well-done.

It completely blew me away that you had the idea for the Heralds starting a newspaper before I ever showed up. Great minds must think alike.

Really, our characters only crossed paths for a few weeks, but Wyndynne has remained an ongoing *theme* in Skeeta's roleplay. He has remained Skeeta's comic relief crush ("That bird has the handsomest plummage a gal's ever laid eyes upon.". emote sighs dreamly.) And now that's gone. Boo!

Of course, I have my fair share of complaints. Not showing up for an event I (and others) worked so hard to help you with? Not finishing your column contributions to the Heraldic Post? The cessation of your activity so shortly after becoming HH? Not cool, Wyn! Not cool!

I hope if you come back to CF at some point, you'll consider another Herald. Poor, sad, pathetic Herald. It's a good thing I amuse myself so much, or I'd probably give up just because of the sad state of the cabal. I think with you gone, it's down to just two or three of us.