Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Viintheel the Shinan
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=102392
102392, (RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Viintheel the Shinan
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Sep 12 11:40:51 2011

At 8 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 34th of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Viintheel perished, never to return.
Race:felar
Class:assassin
Level:47
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:116
102418, Goodbye cruel world, etc.
Posted by Viintheel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks to all I interacted with, was fun. Rhyming every sentence is incredibly difficult, but I actually ended up enjoying it. Anyone who thinks it's a cheap roleplay trick, go ahead and try it. It ain't easy. And it actually fit into my role. Below will be a minor gripe-fest, but it's fairly minor. Love the game, love the way it's run for the most part, it's simply outstanding.

I get the feeling the village imms are mainly awol, so when they're around, they overcompensate. Maybe that's why we don't have rites anymore, we just appoint people, then go overboard supporting those people. The day Nuk was appointed leader was absolutely horrible to me. That's not a knock on Nuk. (great alliteration there) But here's how I saw it. Nuk gets killed defending the giant, is made leader while a ghost. That's all fine. There's a ton of folks in the village, so we're going to raid Nexus, great! Now we're ordered to sit in the village while Nuk gathers equipment. Fun! But hey, we still have overwhelming numbers, so we're raiding Nexus, which will be cool, since they have just enough to put up a good fight. Ibna questions our strategy, and is called to the circle, which is fine, that's the way we settle things. But hey, the circle doesn't mean the circle anymore, fought him in the woods in the village. Seemed kinda wierd. But we're still raiding Nexus, so that's awesome, we can crush them! So the strategy was, send in the young guys, the few older guys wait outside, since there's opposition. Well, that seems strange, but okay, us young guys go in. One croaks at the Nexus inner, which he never should have been attacking anyway, but hey, when the older guys come in, we'll wipe the floor with everyone! Oops! Leadership calls a retreat without even coming in! Awesome, let's go raid Scion, they don't have anyone to defend. Meanwhile imms over cb are saying, "don't question leadership" things like that. So weak all around, and in general, village imms are rock solid. Just a bad day I guess.

Just lost a lot of drive that day. When I was in pk situations, I barely even tried anymore, not that I was particularly good in the first place.

So that's my minor gripefest. Still a great game, still great imms, but what a horrible, horrible day in the village.
102419, Peace out cub scout
Posted by laxman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I agree on the lack of the rites thing and overcompensating when around.

As a character I think Nuk is fine especially as far as setting policy with other cabals and handling inductions. As for leading in raids... he might want to stick to leading groups vs NPC's or at least be more open to input from people with more PK experience.

I am also kind of peeved that Thror is rewarding Mubs for essentially epitomizing the difference between fighting with courage vs being stupid (the pile of corpses he leaves everywhere should indicate which side of the line he is on). Of course once the players behind the commander and drillmaster were revealed it became obvious how Mubs got drillmaster. Despite his total pk inepptitude I do have to give him props about taking care of the applicants and generally not using his position to be annoying to other villagers. As long as Thror doesn't keep loading him with con we should have a legit leader in battle soon enough at this pace.

I really really liked the rhyming. You came up with some very clever stuff. I kinda wish I could have seen you and Blonk having a conversation because I think the meshing of your two speach related quirks would have been absolutly fantastic to see.

Good luck with your next.
102428, RE: Peace out cub scout
Posted by Another villager on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
There was a rites the week or two before the commander deleted right away, don't really see the need for yet another. Also I would not want to play a giant villager right now, two usually non-bashable very competant nexun bards? Nexun horde that seem to log on and off with each other? Or the one man Tavlin army? Ever see what plague and crimson scourge does to a cloud giant. No thanks. Also it's usually other hero ragers charging into the nexun horde and getting killed right away *Cough* Roocka and Nxrumandas *cough* and then leaving the other ones hanging in the wind to try to defend at the Destructor. Though I guess you'll show us all how it's done soon enough on your PK God villager.
102429, I guess
Posted by Nuk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Every commander will do things differently. I'm sorry I'm not a specced warrior, but my build is a niche build...good in some places, not so hot in others. I also act accordingly to Nuk's role. You can't win every raid, some I do well on, some I lead the lambs to slaughter. It's cf, it happens. I dare to say if you're playing a villager that doesn't die in fights, you either A) Don't have a hiding skill, or B) Don't have a strong enemy presence, or C) Are playing him like a wimp. There are dozens and dozens of con deaths on the battlefield of great ragers to back up my statement. Awesome stopping power, but not impossible or difficult to take down with a competant group. That's a ragers life. I actually enjoy a good death every now and then as a villager, it keeps you humble and in check.

Village isn't so hot with no bards. And less hot when nexun has several. That doesn't stop me from enjoying the game and my character (which for some reason everyone seems to know who I am), and it shouldn't stop you from enjoying the village or cf either. I don't order people around much in raids, so you have plenty of room to make your own mistakes.
102430, Hey you aren't doing bad
Posted by laxman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think as a commander you are doing fine.

By beef is with the lack of rites before you were named commander (not your fault) and with what I perceive to be the reason you picked the drillmaster you did (He is also doing generally fine on the leadering thing as far as managing recruits and exuding the "I'm the boss" aura but he has room for improvement when it comes to commanding in raid situations without getting everyone on his side butchered)

You are doing great in terms of the cabal war policy, managing recruits, being an interesting role player.

My only other beef (and mind you this was going on long before you became commander) is that village has become the new fort in terms of making the same retarded pk mistakes over and over and over and over and over. As a long term vet having to honestly look at the village over the last 6 to 10 months and call it a group of bleh makes me hurt on the inside. I mean other then Flaaayin there just hasn't been many of note(as in scared tha bajeebus out of village enemies when they were logged on) for a while.

As far as there being difficult enemies... Boo ####ing hoo, there are always tough villager enemies. Cabdru, Kostyan, Kelrizza, Ahtieli, Ravon, Alex played bards, scion air/offense shifters, scion conjies, scion vokers, etc. The trick is getting them to fight on terms that are more favorable to you. Techniques for this are playing chicken (sit where you have the obvious advantage and let them come to you), drive by (every time you can run up and attack them and if they are prepped run away until they either run out of preps or stop wasting preps to fight you), avoid them (eventually they may want a fight with you bad enought they will intentionally gimp themselves in order to get you to engage)

102433, On a side note
Posted by Gaspar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Commander before Nuk was commander for like a week? Maybe two? Rage deleted. That's a waste of everyone's time when a leader does that. It put a lot of weight on Nuk's shoulders and he raised the village back up and Thror rewarded his leadership with a fitting prize, Commander. However, not even a day in the hot seat and he's already got berserkers disrespecting him. I think until he's deleted we can all reward him by not bad mouthing him with any other conspiracy theories or hearsay on officials or dios.

2 cents deposited to the account of laxman.
102434, I do have a lot to learn.
Posted by Nuk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I can admit that. My goal though is to stick to my role and build, and make the villager/enemy experience as fun as I can for both sides. If I can make the other ragers and even my enemies have a good time, and present challenging and fun fights, I am all for it. Nuk is quite an experience for me, and I will likely be around a long time, because I am enjoying this character and everything in cf surrounding the village immensely. Probably not anything tablet worthy or any of that, but to me, the learning and experience of this character is amazing.

Thanks for the constructice criticism, always appriciated.
102479, I must be one of the few who don't know who you play
Posted by Abernyte on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
but what you are doing IC is fine as far as our interactions have gone.
102500, I wish this post had a "like" button
Posted by Oldril on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Cause I would press it
102452, Ghiran
Posted by Allysia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wood elf village bard, level 51, so village does have a bard.
Just saying, don't forget about that one :)

And it's just Rhin and myself for now at hero range.
102497, lol at this post in it's entirety
CF is so much like jr high its pathetic
102498, you mad bro? nt
Posted by Artificial on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
102499, No but you must be butthurt
Since you rushed to the defense of your gay ooc lover and all...
102501, y u mad tho? nt
Posted by Artificial on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
102422, That seemed odd on our end as well.
Lots of hero villagers died in that retrieval. I think four or five villagers in all through the course of it, because they were scattered and not coordinated for the defense against at least five of us. We lost one Nexun cause she had like three villagers that could only hit her, and some of the heroes hit her as well instead of either bard. Would have been a tough fight even if they were all there ready for us, but as it was it was just slaughter since they came in one or two at a time and did not seem to have any plan for fighting us.

And then afterwards, Nuk became the commander. Nothing against the guy as being the leader, but that didn't seem like the best instance to make him the leader, right after a crushing defeat where there was a lack of any leadership that could have led the village to victory. I do think he is doing well as the commander presently, sometimes it just takes a little time to get the hang of leadership positions.

I heard Vintheel a few times, and the rhyming was awesome. Such a nice character trait, very well done with that and sticking to it. I can only imagine how hard it is. Made me think of Fezzic from Princess Bride. Kept waiting for you to say anybody want a peanut.

Bad days are rough, but you play for the good ones :) Hope to see you back out there soon with another.
102423, Anybody want a peanut?
Posted by Viintheel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This was actually said to my character numerous times throughout his life. I can't blame them, I would have done it as well. RIP Fezzic and Andre the Giant.
102424, Characters like this (and Mubs and Tontik) make me wish I was playing a Villager right now.
Posted by Homard on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm sorry I missed your time in The Village.
102425, Aaw man! We leveled up from 15 and upwards! (Durzunt here)
Posted by Amberion on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Was a blast to hang around you, just the last days I was starting to get somewhat annoyed with the rhymes, but man you did a great job! It's super hard! And not your fault that it can be annoying. Liked your RP. Not sure how you did PK-wise though.

That day in the village I thought was weak-souce as well BUT:

1: Nexun heroes had the numbers or equal numbers to the villagers.
2: Nexuns had 2 bards, vs 2 (3?) low int races... Now THAT is painful.
3: We should have raided anyways! Just all the lvl 30-40s could have taken the key. The only nexun in range had 3 lvl 40s in range so he'd be dead, unless he stayed at the inner (which he did) and at the inner the us lvl 40s couldn't kill him.

But as I said, I agree, it was piss-poor showing. Not what I've seen in the past from either Mubs or Nuk, they're usually more straight forward, not sure if the moment cought them or something since they knew imms were watching and there had just been a big talk about tactics I think.

Ooh, and! You do not challenge the commander or drillmaster in their decisions, ever. I was quite surprised that Ibna did, taking the fight to another place instead of the circle... Well, that's for the imms to judge.
102426, Looked up the log.
Nexus- Allysia, Rhin, Puhguly, and level 47 Cawbocks.
Village- Mubs, Ibna, Roocka, Montanos (who I think died before it started at the giant), Nukhav, Ghiran, plus three that could only hurt Cawbocks. Vintheel, Orrunk, Durzunt.

Advantage village if they were all there ready for us. As it was, not so much. It was kind of a let down fight wise. I think Cawbocks knew she was screwed and likely to die, but came anyway.
102427, Ooh, the defense was in the middle of a imm-quest.
Posted by Amberion on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It was the raid I was talking about. All villagers were scattered all over Thera when you guys came, so everyone just wanted to stall it until all was gathered, but most were dead when I showed up even.

The re-raid like 1-2 hours later (that acutally never became a raid) is what I was talking about.
102435, If two nexans are bards
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I wouldn't say the advantage was with the village.

Bard is extremely powerful vs village. If there were 2 bards in that group, it shouldn't be that hard at all for them to win. Particularly given that Allysia must have loads of edges by now.
102451, They have a bard and assassin.
If they were coordinated, not saying they'd win, but it would have been a lot more difficult for us.

The three lower ones all kill Cawbocks. The other five then have three of us to fight, and they had a bard too. Resist + anthem is a decent level of dam redux to go through. And an assassin to tiger claw the bards. We just had a bit of luck with the timing was all, striking while they were scattered.
102443, GLWN
Posted by Ajeagre on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We didn't get to have that fight. =)

Well hope you had fun
102453, RE: Goodbye cruel world, etc.
Posted by HammerSong on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Nukahv placed second in the Rites of War, which were several weeks prior to his being named Commander.

Now historically - if something happens to a Commander, you replace that individual with the second in command.

This wasn't a contest. I wasn't waiting to see who did great in a raid to decide the next leader. I instantly knew that I was going to make Nukahv the new leader when the position became vacant.

Despite your analogy, Nukahv has consistently shown Courage in his actions. That's to be commended rather than belittled in this cabal.

...and for the record - if someone is going to challenge leadership, do it in a manner that doesn't compromise strategy. There is a time and place for it and Nukahv would have been well within his rights to remove said individual(s) from the village either before or after beating them up in the Circle.

I liked the rhyming with Viinth also. Reminded me quite a bit of my old buddy Stellyx.

Good luck with the next one.
102514, RE: Goodbye cruel world, etc.
Posted by Kursh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were awesome to talk to and have on the game!

I wanted to start the friendly banter between fights thing early with you, and it was a lot of fun to rhyme with you and see you get determined to kill me for my uppitude. Unfortunately, success/survival for my character dictated I attempt to make the fights very few.

GLWYN!
102406, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Viintheel the Shinan
Posted by Tontik on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
ah man normally people who's chars have some sort of weird speech thing drive me totally bonkers but hell i loved the rhyming deal, it was funny some of the crap you would come up with. You were for sure one of the up and coming villagers and was good to see you come up the ranks, oh well.....

i hope its for the best, good luck with your next

heheheheh

p.s. why the rage?
102409, Few of them have the constitution of you Tontik
Posted by Abernyte on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Keep going, you are doing awesome, let the chaff fall by the wayside.

102414, RE: Few of them have the constitution of you Tontik
Posted by Tontik on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
hey i can condie a netural hearld healer, doing it with a villager is easy,HA! thanks aberynte