Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [HERALD] Ivelor Urshan'amael the Champion of Ancient Ways
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=102374
102374, (DELETED) [HERALD] Ivelor Urshan'amael the Champion of Ancient Ways
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Sep 10 21:52:57 2011

At 3 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 16th of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Ivelor perished, never to return.
Race:half-elf
Class:warrior
Level:50
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:HERALD, the Heralds of the Eternal Star
Hours:65
102376, Fail.
Posted by Murphy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>I sincerely *do* think you should consider trying out a Herald character. You clearly like to socialize. Come up with something creative and fun and work on your roleplaying skills away from the pressure of the PK demands of something like Maran.

It didn't work. Maybe I lost my creativeness or something, but this character went bland very fast and there was nothing I could do about it. Very few people would listen to my tales (which are imho a dead giveaway about me the player, no they don't repeat but the style is too consistent) or participate in things I attempted and generally it seemed I couldn't spark any interest in anyone. Fail.

BTW, Ivelor was supposed to be a "proud warrior guy", but I didn't have the strength to back that up at all. I received an imm quest which basically boiled down to "go PK someone and I'll talk to you further". Of the few acceptable enemies, most wiped the floor with me (Dalgurzk, Phawa, Volker), or escaped easily after I wasted hours trying to get a fight (Wiril), or were just rarely online at my hours (Bauoogout, Isidoros).

So, I got bored and stopped playing. I didn't play CF for several weeks and I think he was due to auto in a few days... and was considering trying to regain interest... well, do you remember what happens to people who fail imm quests like that? I did not want to become "Squeamish Legend of the Battlefield" or something. Delete delete.

Short goodbyes:
Kelstrane: Remember the riddle? I composed it for my earlier herald character who specialized in riddles and just remembered it on the fly when you told me you were a dolphin :) Still got some unused ones...

Wiril: Hilarious I took one with shadows, you say? I intended to take it. Always wanted to see how it would perform with 24 wis. Hence the insults... I figured you would make more attempts at assassinating me then. Of course it never happened because I stopped playing. Sorry.

Angynn: Sorry about distracting you from your Fortress duty :(

Isidoros: Igsoeh is teh awesome. I caught a glimpse of you with some other chars of mine too. An example of how to be evil and arrogant while still obviously IC.