Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [BATTLE] Durzunt Ar'Roant the Champion of Warfare
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=102212
102212, (DELETED) [BATTLE] Durzunt Ar'Roant the Champion of Warfare
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri Sep 2 17:31:07 2011

At 10 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 20th of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Durzunt perished, never to return.
Race:duergar
Class:warrior
Level:47
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:88
102227, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Durzunt Ar'Roant the Champion of Warfare
Posted by Tontik on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
man had allot of good times with you, and we really tried to get your last few ranks but you just seemed to have some horrible luck while ranking hehehehe......

You were also never afraid to just run in and mess some dudes up was fun defending with you and all that jaz but seriously all around good villager

cf will miss you

glwyn

and that was diffently a bad day for us, I ate about 6 more deaths while you were gone...a six hour session in one day can get a little rough heheheh, well atleast we made a comeback at the end.
102246, True true, you have a good thing going, keep it up!
Posted by Amberion on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Keep your #### going, you'll get some answers on all those prayers eventually, sure spent some time praying! hehe
102215, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Durzunt Ar'Roant the Champion of Warfare
Posted by Rotdru on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Damn, sad to see you go, you were a fun enemy. You use to woop my ass like a red headed step child when were were young, and I won't ever forget the day we figured out each other. Was fun, sitting there chattin , talking about how you hated ale and I thought it was pretty good you called it sissy stuff then I gave you some whiskey and you were like hm, not to bad then I vanguarded or something and you were like NEXUN! and we had our first fight. Was awesome stuff. I'm sorry you got looted when Rhin and I got you and Mubs but I really didn't take any of your things. I try not to take anything except maybe a piece here or there and replace it with my own less upgraded things. I think the only villager to ever seriously loot me was Roocka but then I took his spiked armor because he could utterly rape me when I was lvl 42 and him 51. Anyways, hope to see you with another one, but this time maybe we can be friends and not foes. glwyn mate.
102219, Yeah, hope it didn't came of as whining.
I know gear is my biggest weakness (As in I whine when I lose some.) so I tried to RP it instead, and yeah, when you said you only picked up the dagger I scrolled back up and saw that, and found another name, so I know who the little vulture was. Awesome gear for a lvl 21. Like 70ish damroll, bunch of saves etc. I was kinda decked out. hehe

Anyways, I enjoyed our banter there early on too, was looking forward for some more fights. Though that interactions outside the giant after I killed you and that dire wolf made me like you a bit less, I think you said something about me only fighting near the village. When you got there I had just returned to the village to heal after some long fights near Udgaard or the consortium. (Can't remember.)

Anyways, all other instances were good RP and good fighting, so keep it like that. :D
102213, Thank god for that bad-login!
Ate 4 deaths, first was unlucky (See Dios), second I got close to full looted, all armor was gone, lowbies... Third, nothing looted, fourth, lowbie looted ALL weapons, so I was left with the midnight gear someone dropped. So, I finally managed to get myself to once again leave CF. :D My first rage-delete! Yey! (Even if it doesn't show as one.) I had like 0 deaths from lvl 27 or something up to lvl 46, with 4xp tnlvl I got my first death, then I got 3 more the same login, a login I wasn't supposed to have done even. :D

I haven't played since Cawr had his con-loss death, so that's... 7 months I think, I made this char and another. The other is 100% RP, can't bring myself to delete it yet because it has a role I've wanted to try for 4-5 years. Now I want to see if I can win an RC with it, if I do, I most likely will continue to play that one out. Hopefully though I won't and I'll be gone from CF again, hopefully for more than 7 months.

Thanks everyone! Fun stuff! Great fights! Village is awesome atm! Lowbies are on their toes etc. And thanks for the early lastname, no idea why I got it.

Felt as if I got a bit too much of a coward after lvl 35 or so. But I had some HUGE conneciton issues for a few weeks.

And as always, I love to hate CF.
102214, God damnit
Posted by Nuk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were one of my rising stars. I was waiting for you to hit hero and just have at the range. Bummer. Last thing the village needed was to lose a guy like you right now. Well done though.
102218, Thanks! I had high hopes for you as Commander.
I think you'll do great! Been a lot of circles the past weeks, which I LOVE, battle isn't/shouldn't be all cozy. I was looking forward to get a reason to bring Roocka to the circle, the whole mountain-mongrel thingy. ;) Duergar vs dwarf etc.

Anyways, keep it up dude!
102216, YAR YA YELLA BELLY GRESY ####E!
Posted by Ganicus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ya go an leave Ganny an Ol red out high an dry! Arg!

Man you were the one villager who actually seemed to already know what he was doing (as opposed to puzzling through a new combo even though you were obviously trying a new combo). I thought we were going to wreak some havoc on unsuspecting mofo's but you just went and dashed that all to hell. darn you!

Have fun with yout next!
102217, Thanks for the recommendation, I guess I made quite an impression.
Considering I told you and some other villager that I found 3 mages in Darsylon, instead of waiting for you and the other I went in and made 2 run and killed the 3rd. Right after the commander walks by too. 1 hour later I'm recommended by you and inducted by the commander. hehe

Remember our arena fights when I was an applicant, was sad... There was basically nothing I could do unless I had some super luck. Basically perfect timing with dirt/disarm/bash or something. ;)
102221, On bad logins and deaths
Posted by Asa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Dude, in the olden days I used to spam chars, one after the other perfecting everything and generally deleting on first mob death / pk loss. I figure if all the #### is mastered and I died still, I must of made a tactical/strategic fail, and I'd delete. So I've had hundreds of warriors.

Since I came back, I mostly manage to resist the rage delete, I also noticed that it didnt even really slow me down, just grab some new stuff, kill one or two people and you are sorted. It really cuts down on the swearing and the breaking and the general deletion :) Also I'm not perfect but I can rationalise that the character (even if I delete) did not suck, I the player sucked, and I step up my game a little when I come back :)

The hero range is still as brutal as always so I'd expect to be dieing around then to bad match ups all the time, I dunno if you were sphere honor or maybe you had no buddies to level with but the answer is just to get to hero and kick ass.

You were a rager, Grime has all you need :)

Hope you stick around, you were quality.
102223, Hehe, yeah, thanks, but...
... I've been needing to quit CF for SO long now. I started playin CF in 1999 or 2000, played for a year and had a 5 year hiatus, then I played FAAAR to much until january or feb this year. From 2005-2010 I've had 30-40ish heroes with an average number of hours played around 300. ;) So I've spent SO much time on CF, it's my work that's been suffering the most as I spend all other time on my family, but trying to get somewhere with my career, and it was going real fine until I started again this summer.

So no, hopefully I won't back. :D

List of prior hero chars (on the top of my head)
Amberion lvl 51 Storm Paladin (2000-2001) title: The pitiful wretch, free of any home. (Was turned evil after a freak box accident, check Dios for logs under memorable logs, rofl)
Berak lvl 51 Human warrior village defender
Batu lvl 51 Fire Warrior Empire elite (First last name, yey!)
Bjorn lvl 51 Human Warrior Squire
Ckol lvl 51 Arial Warrior village defender title: Bloodclaw the Legend of the Battlefield, Seeker of the Paragon, Valiant Until Death
Deiha lvl 51 H-drow Healer Scion
Iegob lvl 51 Fire Warrior Village Berserker Veteran title: the bloodied beast of battle, veteran of Battle
Zubi lvl 51 Arial Assassin Scion Advisor title: the shadow of bethlam
Arrna lvl 51 Storm Warrior Maran Marshall title: the sapper-trained blaze of war, Marshall of the fortress (Elder of the fortress)
Jaina lvl 50 D-elf Transmuter Outlander
Ckath lvl 51 Arial Warrior Empire Emperor, then Anathema "The scourge of the Arena" and "Marked by Dispater)

Hmm missing some chars, think I had a pretty reknown Empier thief too, that went Empire after 350ish hours or so, and some other fortress chars. Well, missing a bunch here. ;) Ooh, so many fun hours of PKing and RPing! And HELL exploring! :D
102224, I will never forget making you use that box :P
Posted by Gaplemo on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But look how far you've come!
102225, Hahaha yeah, sure have.
From an wrathspamming, ooc-going, ESLer with gear obsession and turned evil to... Errr... I'm still gear obsessed. ;) But I suppose my PKing has improved, quite a bit. And if I have to brag a bit, my area knowledge is superb. hehe I don't think that there's more than 15 players or so (imms excluded ofc) that knows more #### than me. (Not counting the new areas for this year or ST as it closed after my fifth visit there.)

Ooh yeah, my english is a lot better and I don't go ooc I guess. :D
102291, Good foe, sorry to see you go
Posted by Obregon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hope I didn't contribute *too* much to this. Ofcourse I hunted you pretty hard, but I tried to not be a ####.

GLWYN, if there is one.
102343, Ooh, you were great. I was very surprised...
...that I wasn't lacking more. You only took 1 piece, I mean come on! I was decked out. ;) You had nothing to do with it.
102292, Aw, you're gone?
Posted by Caprivitiose on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
My stream of consciousness on Durzunt:

we first traveled before I figured out I was going outlander, and when I realized I was supposed to be your enemy, I sort of bonked myself on the head. Still, I don't really like killing people I've grouped with before, so I left you alone for a few days, promising myself that I would take the chance to kill you first opportunity I saw.

And then you became a villager, and I was like crap, missed the chances to jump him while he was still really vulnerable at lowbie levels.

Ah well. I actually sort of enjoyed the relationship. I was totally planning on killing you once I saw an opening, and I think we both knew it, so it added a sort of uneasy tension to our otherwise pseudo-friendly encounters.

GG well played and come back soon, you know you can't resist :)
102344, Yeah, we both knew the fight was comming.
And I never entered a forest hurt unless I had too after I figured out you were an outlander. hehe