Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Isidoros Ironwing the Rider of the Wings of Victory
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=101867
101867, (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Isidoros Ironwing the Rider of the Wings of Victory
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue Aug 23 11:32:24 2011

At 2 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 13th of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Isidoros perished, never to return.
Race:arial
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:178
102033, RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Isidoros Ironwing the Rider of the Wings of Victory
Posted by Tontik on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
yeah man we had some serious fun together raiding and the like, and we had some good times jacking around with mummies also...one of my funnest days was in galadon both wanted and we ran all the mages out of town then i got the kill on a certain mummy just outside galadon, I was like hell yeah we are wrecking everyone...then died to assassinate...I was like oh yeah don't forget you are playing cf and anything can happen hehehehe, to bad on the con death but glwyn for sure
101873, RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Isidoros Ironwing the Rider of the Wings of Victory
Posted by Igsoeh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Damn. Thought I had at least one more death on this one. Kind of a cheap death on the last one, but eh, them's the breaks. This was obviously not the ultimate dexy mage killer I wanted. Haha. I definitely should have gone whip as a second spec. Spear was handy, but for the number of times I missed impale, and the ease with which enemies got away, whip would have been way better I think. I liked daggers, even though, like impale, the number of times I missed hamstring is mind boggling. I think I'm at the point as a PKer where people realize that I'm dangerous, so they aim at me first alot. Unfortunately, I'm not good enough to deal with that yet. Never had a really killer set at hero, which I think could have helped. My survivability was great, but, as an IMM through Rhuean pointed out, I was far too reckless. I guess the berserker mindset just dies hard. For anyone who thought I was a righteous gangbanger because of the logs on Dios, I guess you weren't one of my regular enemies. I attacked solo, I attacked groups, I attacked with others. Isidoros was a cruel, hateful, evil bastard who cared about one thing. Victory. Didn't care about his legacy, didn't care what his enemies or even his allies said. He wanted to win, whatever the cost. I think I had a real shot at a leader slot from the Rites, but RNG betrayed me and Sticks beat me. Liked my legacies quite a bit. Whirlwind and landslide. Won me a few fights for certain. Wish I would have survived to be part of some of the questiness I think is on the horizon.

IMMS:
Zulg- Sorry we never got matched up, I know I kind of tapered off towards the end. Would like to know if you watched, and what you thought, both if Isidoros was on the right path for your religion, and in general.

Thror- Great Rites, and I assume you were the one livening up the village quite a bit. Thanks for the interactions as always. Would like to know what you thought of Isidoros as well, how close he was to skirting the line, etc.

Fjarn- Thanks for the induct, was cool RP and I enjoyed writing that note.

Marcatis- Huh? A little curious as to why you stepped in that time in the Spire.

In general- Thanks for the title, that was cool. The interaction with the number of mobs was great too. Seems like Isidoros got watched a bit, and I hope I entertained, because I had a lot of fun.

Village:

Participated in my second or third Rites, was awesome as usual. Did pretty well for the most part but took some RNG in the ass. First group fight I got piled on and raped, second group fight we adjusted tactics and I think we didn't lose a single fighter. Dagger specs can be nasty on the flanks. All in all, definitely enjoyed the village this go round.

Sticks- Pretty much Isidoros' only real friend, even though he still had designs on betraying you. Enjoyed fighting together, sorry about getting you killed.

Nuk- Enjoyed ranking with you, even though I got REALLY tired of Aran'gird. Wish you would have been around more.

Shout outs to Roocka, Ibna and Mubs in particular, the rest of you enjoyed our times. A few of you, Markel in particular fell off and maybe our times just didn't mesh, but I wish I would have seen you more often. Good to see the village at least competing again, but there needs to be one more push to get it really strong. If I didn't mention you and I should have, sorry, yell at me or whatever.

Enemies:
Good fights for the most part. No real A-holes stick out except for a few lowbies whose names I've forgotten.

Zenze- I could have had you, really, I could have! Haha. Once I lost the stoles and a few other pieces, combined with almost NEVER landing a hamstring against you, spelled my demise more times than I can count. Was fun and I learned quite a bit about daggers and +stat gear fighting you. It was cool to be able to shrug off all the maledicts you could lay down on me, but usually you were throwing down more damage than me. Good luck going forward.

Phawa- What a terrible matchup. You were a beast.

Rhin- Don't think I ever got you solo. Made you run a bunch, but don't think I ever got you. I thought the log you posted on Dio's constituted character assassination, but the staff their didn't, so *shrug*. No hard feelings or anything, I just say keep it in game.

Obregon- Tough fight, don't know if you noticed, and you probably would have gotten me anyways, but I lost link like three times in that last fight.

Sagraa- You were a tough fight as well. It was that damn poison that caught me off guard.

Gleebrok- I guess it was your RP so I won't judge too much, but attacking someone fighting a mummy, whGwinen you are a goodie shaman... Well, to each his own. Had to generally avoid you towards the end because of rot.

Gwin, Kalarius- Enjoyed our fights.

Cotzibue- Got you twice, both times when you were already hurt, but spellbane seemed to work against you very well. I fared much better against you with Isidoros than with Hraustr.

Morin- Pain in my ass. Wrath on an evil villager can S my C.

Monks- Angynn and Bhowaer, you can also S my C. Haha, those lightning fists were gnarly.

Eachainn- Fun fights, wish we would have pinned you down at High Lords after we got Eelem though.

Eelem- Enjoyed our fights as well. You were tough.

Others:
Timnad- Good RP, glad I was finally in good with thieves for once. Hope you stay involved.

Fezzeli- Same as above. Thanks for guiding through the siege encampment. I fell asleep at the wheel last night and died trying to get out this morning.

Skeeta- Thank you for RPing. I mean that in the fact that instead of acting like a badass because you were a hero and Isidoros was not, you still acted like a small timid innkeeper in the face of a monstrous, hateful killer. It bothers me to no end when a character that should cower before a certain type of character doesn't play along. The slap or bonk or whatever. It's "internet tough guy" spilling into the game. Again, thank you for the RP, was one of the high points with this character. I just wish you would have been around more so we could develop that further. Thanks again.

Like I said, no one seemed to be a huge tool for the most part. Also, while Isidoros wasn't a super mage killer, he was very surivable against mages. I remember taking on Cotzibue and Kalarius at the same time and being able to make it a real fight. I think I made both of them run a couple times before it was time for me to get out. Pretty soon, I'll learn the super secret killing moves and go 100-10, but until then, I'll just continue to do my best shamanman impression. Thanks for the fun.

Igsoeh Darkstorm
Aelisoc Venator
Jeir Govanion
Eled ibn Llibani
Istilion Ar-Ostoeldarin
Kale Jast
Kyrilos Divumarchos
Zaahir al-Salil
Hraustr Halvard and now
Isidoros Ironwing
101885, *fistshake*
Posted by Davarrah on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You would die before I could wreak my vengeance!
101887, RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Isidoros Ironwing the Rider of the Wings of Victory
Posted by Gleebrok on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Always a problem when one is wanted and the other is undead. who to kill first?!?!! :) good times
101888, That's unexpected.
Posted by Allysia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I felt like you had not been at hero long and you certainly seemed one of the tougher villagers from the few times I did get to see you. Man do I hate fighting arial dagger specs! One class that almost always makes my life miserable. Good job with that.

Defender next? :)
101891, Much fun.
Posted by Angynn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Once I knew that so long as I knew you'd be there I'd have you cold
I didn't go after you really, I figured you'd work out a new tactic
and maybe try again some time like after you picked up one legacy or
other you gave it another try. That stuff wasn't what I liked though
it was the inn and that whole deal there. Just an FYI I never said
anything to anyone else except that I was speaking to a young one.
100% not my fault that the mage came by and taunted you. I loved the
yell when the guards stopped you from coming back in about how you'd
never get to hear the end of the story. :) You then played on Angynn's
chivalry and after catching that I would not pursue into the ruins
you came back out! THAT my friend was balls!
One of the biggest highs for angynn (so far) was Isidoros and the
soon to be commander, I know I died but that was one hell of a fight.
I even told thror some complimentary thing about you two, and
mis-defended a parity issue. (I had thought some might have seen it
as a parity issue and pointed out that there had been the mage there
at the beginning of the fight, though after reading the posts on it
we came at you two likely in a group so it was a non-issue to begin
with) Some time later this evening I'm going to pop open a beer
in your honor. You knew I had your number and still would give it a
shot, I dig that.

Finding out you were Kyrilos is kinda cool too I loved and hated that
guy. Hehe Best of luck with your next.

P.s. Monks have some serious downsides if you find a way to exploit
them, just like everyone else.
101893, Good Job
Posted by Obregon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry about being the nail in the coffin - no, I didn't know you were at all having connection problems - flee and flyto make it really hard to tell without prolonged combat.

Thought you played a great, standup rager. Tough combo, and not afraid to mix it up.

Good job and GLWYN
Obregon
101894, RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Isidoros Ironwing the Rider of the Wings of Victory
Posted by Sivyh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That Inn kill was grotesque. Pity the rager without powers.

I could have taunted you for not winning the Rites after you predicted you would, but that would have been mean. We're all about self-esteem in the Empire.
101899, RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Isidoros Ironwing the Rider of the Wings of Victory
Posted by HammerSong on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was literally thinking up your con-quest last night. Damn can you burn through some con.

Great character. A bit suicidal at times but in most instances you were just completely outnumbered by your opponents. I didn't pick you out at all with this character but that's always a good thing.

Good luck with the next.
101903, RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Isidoros Ironwing the Rider of the Wings of Victory
Posted by Phawa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Dagger/spear combo in the rear means big big trouble... If they have any senses, they should take you out first indeed ;) I know I would try to...
101927, RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Isidoros Ironwing the Rider of the Wings of Victory
Posted by DurNominator on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Rhin- Don't think I ever got you solo. Made you run a bunch, but don't think I ever got you. I thought the log you posted on Dio's constituted character assassination, but the staff their didn't, so *shrug*. No hard feelings or anything, I just say keep it in game.

The line can be difficult to draw at times. If you think that something is a character assassination, do report it.
101934, Sorry to see this.
Posted by Markel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Was fun when our times meshed. Been really busy lately,b ut for awhile there our times didn't match up at all I suspect.
101956, I loved this character.
Posted by Nuk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Everything about him. He just seemed so confident and cool to me. Great work man.
101963, Bloop
Posted by Lohoq on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If I had known you were this close I probably would have re-considered assassinating you. I went for you maybe twice in the midst of combat with other people and always felt sorta bleh about it. You were a nasty arial. GLWYN
101988, (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Isidoros Ironwing the Total Prick
Posted by Skeeta Twitterlark on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Skeeta- Thank you for RPing. I mean that in the fact that instead of acting like a badass because you were a hero and Isidoros was not, you still acted like a small timid innkeeper in the face of a monstrous, hateful killer. It bothers me to no end when a character that should cower before a certain type of character doesn't play along. The slap or bonk or whatever. It's "internet tough guy" spilling into the game. Again, thank you for the RP, was one of the high points with this character. I just wish you would have been around more so we could develop that further. Thanks again.

You're welcome, and thank YOU for investing some time to roleplay at the Eternal Star instead of blazing around as another faceless Battlerager with no personality.

Isidoros definitely had personality. And that personality was to be a TOTAL prick!

I've re-told the anecdote about trying to cook pouch of nourishment food for a Battlerager several times. "Oh, by the way, if you're going to cook for a Battelrager, DON'T use food from the pouch of nourishment. Trust me, it doesn't end well!"
101871, You were one that was never afraid to fight....
Posted by Morin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
At first I knew that I could tool you unless I made a mistake, which I make A LOT so at least I hope if was some fun to fight me. But in the end I think you were working out the formula to beat me, which made our fights a lot more fun.

GLWYN
101875, RE: You were one that was never afraid to fight....
Yeah, was getting it towards the end, which definitely made our fights better. The one and a half times (bleeding after you recalled) I got you were satisfying however.
101877, RE: You were one that was never afraid to fight....
Posted by Morin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hah, Yeah, I was ticked on that one. recalled with 24 HP's and 0 coins to heal with. I'd eaten a bunch fo deaths recently and was dirt poor.... Good fights man.
101870, RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Isidoros Ironwing the Rider of the Wings of Victory
Posted by Gwildonian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't think I've seen this many Con loss chars in a long time and I was a but surprised that you've fallen here. Your bleeding specializations were about perfect for facing a shifter but I think in the end I may have won the better of our battles.

Either way, well done and come on back soon.
101876, RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Isidoros Ironwing the Rider of the Wings of Victory
Scouts aren't berserkers. Scouts aren't berserkers. Thror should make me write that on the wall a hundred times. Like I said, definitely enjoyed our fights. The bleeding was nice, but you have to be able to pin folks down a bit and deal the damage while doing that. I never really had the set to deal the damage.
101869, I loved this char
Posted by Timnad on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Timnad will miss the RP we had going and as a player I say GLWYN and well done from what I saw.
101868, RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Isidoros Ironwing the Rider of the Wings of Victory
Posted by Gleebrok on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I wonder if you made 50/50 :) I liked you alot, mostly just for beating on, but it was cool to watch you up and coming and then feel the bite of your steel :)
101874, RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Isidoros Ironwing the Rider of the Wings of Victory
No chance I made 50/50. Haha. Was far too reckless and couldn't keep people in combat well enough.