Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Ghurlken Tresh'Aran the Vanquisher of Adversaries, Bloodoathed of the Empire
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=101810
101810, (DELETED) [None] Ghurlken Tresh'Aran the Vanquisher of Adversaries, Bloodoathed of the Empire
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Aug 22 15:38:38 2011

At 10 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 23rd of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Ghurlken perished, never to return.
Race:duergar
Class:warrior
Level:41
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:49
101848, RE: (DELETED) [None] Ghurlken Tresh'Aran the Vanquisher of Adversaries, Bloodoathed of the Empire
Posted by Ghurlken on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Real life is picking up and I am too busy to devote the time necessary to do the character justice. I was reluctant to come back after a very prolonged absence, and a demotion + a couple of defeats was enough to decide that it was best to let Ghurlken go. Sorry to the few relationships and interactions I had forged; Ghurlken's RP was very fun when I was in the swing of things.
101851, RE: (DELETED) [None] Ghurlken Tresh'Aran the Vanquisher of Adversaries, Bloodoathed of the Empire
Posted by The Zaan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
A shame if our times meshed better The Zaan would have promoted you. He had big plans for you. GLWYN, imperial invoker? :)
101954, RE: (DELETED) [None] Ghurlken Tresh'Aran the Vanquisher of Adversaries, Bloodoathed of the Empire
Posted by Ghurl on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I've interacted with you extensively in one way or another and you never cease to impress. I hope I didn't ruin any plans, best of luck with the rest of Zaan's life.
101855, Well done...
Posted by Caerdryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
First time I fought you, I wasn't even expecting to see you, and even I'll say it was almost totally unlucky on your part.

Second time I fought you, you were ####in' ready, and damned if I don't respect that hardcore. You went to the PERFECT place to deal with me, you had a plan, I like that. Your plan did not work out for you but that's only because of the mobs that got in your way. If it hadn't been for them I am pretty sure you had a good chance of winnning that battle solely through attrition.

But there was more than one key.

Anyway, good luck with your next.
101955, RE: Well done...
Posted by Ghurlken on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The first time we fought, I was coming back from an almost month long absence and wrongly assumed your title meant you were unempowered. I had preps on me, but only quaffed prot good as I deemed you easy meat. After I fled from the Inn, I briefly thought about quaffing a teleport potion but as I was low, I decided to hope that you wouldn't think to call lightning and opted to just haul ass instead- I paid for it.

The second fight I was in regear mode and prepless but was hoping I could rope-a-dope you. Sadly, the entrance to the Mausoleum got a bit trap happy and ironically call lightning did me in once again.

Well done all around, I'm no stranger to Paladins and you play a tough one.