Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [HERALD] Crid the Bellowing Composer of Inscrutable Song, Stowaway
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=101729
101729, (DELETED) [HERALD] Crid the Bellowing Composer of Inscrutable Song, Stowaway
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Aug 20 23:43:15 2011

At 3 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 32nd of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Crid perished, never to return.
Race:minotaur
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:HERALD, the Heralds of the Eternal Star
Hours:194
102055, This character....
Posted by Gaplemo on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Made me laugh my ass off, constantly, as Armagon. Seeing a minotaur try and be a singing poet was just something else. Thanks for the original idea and playing out something new. was refreshing.
101730, Oh no!
Posted by Skeeta Twitterlark on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, I'm disappointed, but I can't say that I'm surprised.

Of course it goes without saying that I loved Crid! I thought the whole premise of a minotaur balladeer was a hoot. Of course, once you got past the original punchline, you WERE kind of just the butt of jokes. You were left with being a poet/socializing character that was difficult to communicate with, which *I* think would have gotten frustrating, anyways - so I can't really blame you if you just felt it got old.

I really wished - and this goes for ALL Heralds, that you would have taken my hint to conduct some interviews and get some stories for the Heraldic Post. I kind of feel bad right now because I'm not able to play as much as I was during the summer, but at the same thing I'm not sure what else I *can* do to recruit more Heralds or inspire those that exist to participate more in my efforts to make the little-cabal-that-could serve a more active function in the game. As probably the longest-running Herald since Skeeta joined, I'm very interested in hearing what your frustrations, disappointments, etc, were with Crid, and if there is anything I could have done (aside from being around more) that might have delayed the deletion.

Anyways, I had fun interacting with Crid and I hope you appear again in another incarnation soon!
101738, My firtht thot at being a minotaur.
Posted by Quixotic on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I didn't have a role in mind when I saw a minotaur available, but I had to snag it just to see what all the hype was about. It became a wild sociology experiment.

Trying to play an RP character that only half the population understands is challenging to say the least. You should try holding a conversation with an outlander who likely can't understand you, but insults you left and right and then turns on ignore. After a while, the building resentment was such that I began to hold homicidal feelings unlike those I've had when in a pk cabal. Craziness. This was my own version of "Black like Me."

Crid considered himself a serious artist, and this was crafted to enhance the physical humor built into his act. I wrote somewhere in the neighborhood of 15-20 songs, most of them dramatic in content but ludicrous in delivery. What I learned was that the people who had spent enough effort learning how to understand mino-speak were not the sort terribly interested in listening to poetry. Even the immortal who recruited her to become part of my crew went AWOL shortly after induction (Curse you, NC! Actually, good luck in your personal life, Captain).

My build was great for exploring (hands/whips/exotics/Maelstrom) but being giant-sized limited where I could go, even with reduce potions. I had several offers to go to a few area explores, but I did not take them up on it if I knew there were oral portions required to enter/get through, as my companions admitted they didn't know how I could properly respond. I was quite disappointed Armagon deleted. No PK for 250 hours didn't do anything good to my meager pk and prep habits, either.

Heralds, each and every one, I enjoyed you. Good work and good luck.
101740, RE: My firtht thot at being a minotaur.
Posted by Angynn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hehe I really TRIED to get by to talk with you now and again, sadly
there was always some emergency to attend to. I assumed that you
had few enough people to RP with that you'd need some encouragement.
I'm truly sorry I could never quite make it happen. Just the idea
of a mino-poet was worth cheering on. As a player I really can't
stand mino speech, but I feel it unfair to just ignore them.
I've been thinking about writing a script to re-translate it
and have it show something like Crid says (MINO) You stupid git!
or something like that so I could still rp not understanding
but not have to make my brain hurt, but I'm lazy and it would take
alot more than I'm willing to put into it. hehe.

Good luck with your next.
102047, I loved crid SO MUCH
Posted by Kelstrane on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Oh mah Gawwwwwd.

This is the two step process of how I fell in love with Crid:

1) learned about his role, from Skeeta I think (minotaur balladeeeeeer?!)

2) After traveling with you a little, saw your warcry for the first time

Crid appears more confident as he shouts "Yoou dare thdrike dith bard! Yourth will be a dragic end!"

LOL I literally spewed my coke.

So sexy man, so sexy.

Then finals for my summer courses came, and then after that was the frantic move-in period before fall semester university starts, and then there were a bunch of other things, and my times ended up dying. Sad.

Awesome job, Crid, you were such a badathhhhhh

P.S. Half the time I still had problems understanding what you were saying. Minotaurs :(