Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Khinlen Truar the Rumor, Elite Imperial Shadow
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=101619
101619, (RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Khinlen Truar the Rumor, Elite Imperial Shadow
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri Aug 12 15:26:29 2011

At 9 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 11th of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Khinlen perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:thief
Level:49
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:173
101647, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Khinlen Truar the Rumor, Elite Imperial Shadow
Posted by Emalen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were by far my best friend as a character and the only person I came close to trusting as a Imperial. I did consider killing you at least once or twice, though. Good luck.
101625, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Khinlen Truar the Rumor, Eli...
Posted by Nirilas on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really liked your character. Sneaky, evil but you had certain integrity about you that reinforced your lawfulness. Always enjoyed seeing you about.
101628, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Khinlen Truar the Rumor, Eli...
Posted by orangepowered on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really liked your char and appreciate all the aid you gave me. I did end up breaking a couple of laws by accident, one being killing Torvold near the sea serpent in what I had no idea of being a protected room. You were one of the tribunals I liked, Ajeagre and Ralenar being the others.
101621, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Khinlen Truar the Rumor, Elite Imperial Shadow
As some of you whom I interacted with more would know, I am pretty new to trying to prep and having returned after a long absence I had a lot to learn. Thanks to Phawa and Wiril both for showing me where some stuff is.

Class
I played the thief full thug, mystical to lore of the ages, improved hide, cheap shot, and weapon trip. I enjoyed the thug path. My biggest complaints would be gouge required a dagger main hand and earclap requiring both hands empty.

It was rare that I would want to not wield a mace or sword main hand, so I would always gut shot/kidneyshot and then start sucker hitting. I enjoyed scrolls thoroughly, and wouldn't play a thief without them unless I was a rager. I heard some positive things about lore of the ages, but never took the time to perfect it so I was not overly impressed. I loved improved hide, though I wish I could quaff potions while hidden. I regretted not taking gentlewalk after experiencing High Lords Keep and disarm, and will always take it on future thieves.

All in all, the path was great until I started leveling past 42. At hero, I felt I just could not compete with too many people. Paladins, Mummy's/Lich's, Sword Specs, any A/B/S mage, the list goes on. I would appreciate any advice on what I could do to them, beyond find some super secret scroll that you won't tell me where it is and recite it at them.

All in all, I would recommend thug thief over assassin and ranger to people who are trying to learn the game. Sure, Assassin can hide more places, but a thief can start a battle and realize "OH CRAP, OUCH" and flee and hide. They even have edges to make fleeing easier, which I took and was much harder to keep pinned down after. The only regret is that assassins ALWAYS have a way to kill almost ANYONE with assassinate.

People
Lohoq - Thanks for putting me into Elite status, it was great.

Cotzibue, Tzaritzawah, Phawa - You all were very helpful and were fun to hunt with.

Wiril - You came off as a good Imperial, but unfortunately that meant I didn't like you at all.

Emalen - We slaughtered people together, though I did get you killed a time or two.

Bauoogout - I thought I was being sooo clever stealing that pincer staff that the orc dropped for you, just to have you catch me quaffing a vial and bash/cutoff me to death. I never fought you head on again.

Skelyar - I had no idea you were in the Fortress when I came and retrieved, I didn't think anyone was in my range hence why you caught me without flight preps and tripped me to death. That death caused me to almost never go without flight again.

Tavlin - I just find incredibly distaste that a mask exists that lets you see hidden. It is bad enough that I can't kill you if I try, but for you to be able to see and hunt me at will is incredibly stupid to me. There is no point to a thief then. I died to the Sivyh on a ranger before and just couldn't stand the idea that he could even see me. One of the reasons I was trying out Imperial.

Morin - Not much I could do to you as you can somehow detect me, so I just stole every weapon I could use and would run away. Wish I had a better tactic.

Eachainn - Almost destroyed you once in Arial City, but you were ever illusive.

Fortress in general - Phawa and I were going to defend against two of your paladins, I forget who. Those odds weren't good enough. You had to come back with four to raid. The fact that I was often on as the lone imperial and faced four or five people in fortress drove me crazy.

Reasons for Deleting
For how much I clashed with Wiril, seeing me as an Elite and then watching him get Elite then Shadow Lord made me have no reason to really want to stay around. Obviously Sivyh realized I was somewhat noob or our hours didn't match up. Regardless, I was bored being on alone most of the time and facing bad odds to people I couldn't figure out how to fight.

Thanks
Enlilth - Thank you for including me in the interaction around Mirrou switching.

Whoever gave me a last name - Thanks!
101622, Check ya laaaaaaaaater
Posted by Lohoq on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
While I had the feeling you were new, or just knocking off the rust, I told you your donations stunk and you raised them, I gave you tasks and you completely them really quickly, so voila Elite.

In terms of said mask and said cabal powers, I am fine with them, having been on the receiving end of both, it does really stink sometimes but, only 2 characters in the game get those powers and 1 person gets that mask, the odds in theory are in your favor, however if those those people play during the same time periods as you, yeah it sucks.

Good luck with your next.
101623, RE: Check ya laaaaaaaaater
The cabal powers don't bother me so much, as I can potentially do a who and know who can see me. I won't know who has the mask until I am potentially dead.
101624, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Khinlen Truar the Rumor, Elite Imperial Shadow
Posted by Sivyh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>For how much I clashed with Wiril, seeing me as an Elite and
>then watching him get Elite then Shadow Lord made me have no
>reason to really want to stay around. Obviously Sivyh
>realized I was somewhat noob or our hours didn't match up.

Presence was part of it. I wasn't seeing you around nearly as much as I was Wiril. Deathfulness was part of it. By your own admission you were having a lot of trouble at the higher ranks. Lastly I had a report of you being chummy with one of the anathema post-anathema. Could have been a lie, but its hard to tell. Made me suspicious enough to tip the scales in Wiril's favor.
101627, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Khinlen Truar the Rumor, Elite Imperial Shadow
>>For how much I clashed with Wiril, seeing me as an Elite
>and
>>then watching him get Elite then Shadow Lord made me have no
>>reason to really want to stay around. Obviously Sivyh
>>realized I was somewhat noob or our hours didn't match up.
>
>Presence was part of it. I wasn't seeing you around nearly as
>much as I was Wiril. Deathfulness was part of it. By your
>own admission you were having a lot of trouble at the higher
>ranks. Lastly I had a report of you being chummy with one of
>the anathema post-anathema. Could have been a lie, but its
>hard to tell. Made me suspicious enough to tip the scales in
>Wiril's favor.

I think I was about 17 kills, 17 assists, and 5 deaths. I am sure a more experienced player could have done better. I just didn't have the killing power of a serial spam assassinator. Chummy with an anathema is interesting. I spoke briefly with Lohoq but never did anything with him. Cotz did show up while I was trying to retrieve and scare off some Fortress people. Honestly, should I have died to her and left the codex there? Later I tried to kill her at the giant and got ran off by some death blows.

In the end, I honestly expected Wiril to get it and was starting to get bored of the mechanics of my build. I don't really care for any powers of the shadow sect except light into shadow. The only reason I rolled a imperial thief was so the duergars and shadow sect wouldn't hunt me (seems a lot of the duergar are imperials). Instead of face a demotion or anathema by a leader I do not get along with who only leveled to take the position, I deleted.
101631, Im a pretty big fan of eavesdrop.
Posted by Gaplemo on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And I have heard the anathemas have been trying to get cozy with citizens, not sure if this was really the case or not but its a no no even assosiating with them at all.