Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [NEXUS] Darren the Planewalker
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=101405
101405, (DELETED) [NEXUS] Darren the Planewalker
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Jul 31 14:33:05 2011

At 7 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 32nd of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Darren perished, never to return.
Race:svirfnebli
Class:conjurer
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:140
101411, And I thought I played a lot
Posted by Iliandar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, not really, I know better.

You already got more than three times my hours in a pretty short amount of days. Maybe you should take it a little slower, makes you feel more connected to the character and as such delete-proof.

But as long as you're having fun ...

I liked our initial interactions, short as they might have been. Hurry back with another ;)
101409, RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Darren the Planewalker
Posted by DurNominator on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Looking at Darren's servitor deaths, I made following statistic

Challegha demon - 3
Earth elemental - 2
Archon - 2
Angel - 1

I wonder if you took the proper precautions, such as putting more mana into the bind than into summoning so that the servitor stays bound until it leaves and always using a fresh circle. In your role, you claimed that you ate a lot of mob deaths due to being neutral, yet you died to a earth elemental twice. Were there any particular, servitor-specific situations where the mob killed you?
101410, a third party comment
Posted by Fwipplethunt on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
One of those elemental deaths was due to a failure to bind (rare enough with svirfs and earth elementals that I would be willing to bet he forgot to use a circle/was in a group and not the leader and pulled out of his circle by accident).

When it comes to spending your mana with a svirf you can't do the whole more mana to bind then conjure tactic and have worthwhile servitors. You have low mage int which means your mana pool is generally smaller and on top of that you regen mana much slower. Time is an issue because with low charisma you usually are fighting an uphill battle when calling servitors. The only ones where you NEED to expend that kind of mana to keep goins is when using devils (they are mean) because if you fail 2 binds with them (even with circle edge) you are dead. Goodies and elementals you can get away with 3-4 attempts. Demons are mostly 3 but sometimes 2.

If you want to suceed with a svirf you need to be aware of your situation, if you don't have time to invest in prepping your servitors then you should call weak ones intentionally. If you want to use strong ones realize you really NEED to spend a few minutes getting them happy before you try and do anything meaningful with them or you are in for a rough ride.

Some of those deaths on the island (the demon then angel) look like they may have been rush conjures to deal with raiders. Svirf conjies cannot rush into things, ever. You will miss a lot of raids and defenses because everyone else is on their own schedule but you need to be very deliberate with when you do things to suceed.

101406, So what happened here?
Posted by Angynn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I knew when we were swinging heavy there would be issues, but damned
if I didn't like this guy for the help during empire-heavy days.
I liked your style, I just thought darren would have been better for
a human. :) Have fun with the next.