Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Upinis the Grand Sorcerer of Transformation
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=101352
101352, (DELETED) [None] Upinis the Grand Sorcerer of Transformation
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri Jul 29 03:29:52 2011

At 11 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 22nd of the Month of Winter
on the Theran calendar Upinis perished, never to return.
Race:gnome
Class:shapeshifter
Level:49
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:54
101353, And we were all waiting for you to group with Ashaul....
Posted by Rayihn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
so we could send you a bottle of lube or something.
101354, RE: And we were all waiting for you to group with Ashaul....
Posted by Explosion on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Whats he story behind that?
101356, You penis and Asshole ~
Posted by Abernyte on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
~
101357, RE: You penis and Asshole ~
Posted by Explosion on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Eh. They did RP gays or something?
101355, *like* ~
Posted by Abernyte on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
~
101361, RE: And we were all waiting for you to group with Ashau...
Posted by dart on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Alright, this is funny, I agree.

Believe it or not, I did not realize my name can be seen as insulting, I am not a native English speaker and in my language my name means "fluvial" or "someone of the river". As you can see this fits well with my major focus choice, that's how I came up with that name and I never had any "dirty" thoughts when creating a char.

If my name was insulting, why didn't Imms deal with it ASAP? Just to have someone to make fun of? I agree if someone would use a name like that on a purpose, he probably deserves all the ###t, but actually I got kind of pissed when people started making fun of my name both IC and OOC, so I did something stupid just to give me more reasons to delete.

I am really sorry it turned out the way it did.
101362, RE: And we were all waiting for you to group with Ashau...
I did consider asking you for a rename, but by the time I noticed it you were up in the late teens or so for level and once a character is past 10 we consider it an "established" character and I'm always a little more hesitant about renaming those unless we need to. Also, while it sounded like Youpenis, it wasn't actually against the rules and I figured maybe you just wanted it to be that way. Next time, feel free to send up a pray explaining that you're not a native english speaker and did not realize on character creation that you'd made your name so close to penis. We'd rename you, no problem.
101397, Regarding names (IMMS)
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Could you PLEASE make it impossible to create a name that is remotely like "guard"?

There's another guy called Guardok running around now. He seems nice enough, but when I try to look at him, I see city guards instead.
101399, RE: Regarding names (IMMS)
That's something for one of the coders to address - but based on pray logs last night I did pull the guy for a name change.
101402, Thanks
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Cool that you guys fixed it. I do think that it would be a useful code addition though, if done in the form where you could add further combos of letters as needed (even better if each combo that is rejected tells a player why).
101364, For every innocent mistake....
Posted by Gaplemo on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
There is a dozen other players that try and shoot at least one redonkulious name through the system on purpose every now and then for laughs, like an arial named Kawk or something.