Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Evyza the Legend of the Battlefield
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=101245
101245, (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Evyza the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Jul 27 18:26:09 2011

At 10 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 29th of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Evyza perished, never to return.
Race:arial
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:75
101256, Coffee, anyone?
Posted by Evyza on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Arial Warrior, 830 hp at hero, polearm/dagger space/enigma

I made this character as a throwaway and to see if I had the patience to make hero again. It's been awhile since I reached that rank. My original intent was to go Space/Incarnadine, doing the pincer staff/prog legacy thing, but I just didn't ever output enough damage. I learned some neat things along the way. I found some new preps I didn't know existed, explored places a lot better that I'd never been to, and thoroughly enjoyed building up explore/observe experience higher than I ever have before. I must say that the neatest area right now is the Hamsah Docks. This was my first warrior with Enigma. Very cool legacy. I saved myself from countless deaths by quaffing return when combat got dicey. Space was... meh. It did go off at times during combat, but not really enough to make a big difference during one on one melee. Umm.. what else? I leveled too fast, causing big-time suffering when it came to having perfected weapon skills at hero level. I think I reached level 46 and the only perfected weapons were polearm and hand, with most of them still in the 70's. I tried to be upbeat and cheerful as the RP of the character, not letting deaths get me down too much. If I won a fight or killed someone, they usually came back to full sets of gear, minus an item or two that looked interesting. I think for the most part, people did that to me. I hate prepping and prepping as a warrior is worse now that goodies can't request a certain potion anymore. Wand use as a warrior may have been neater once I Maran'd, but this was just a throaway character, so that wasn't going to happen. I've been itching to play some other ideas I have and there's no time like the present.

Goodbyes:
- Fortress - I really liked most of the people in Fort. I tried to always have a cup of coffee or chocolate available whenever I saw someone, tried to keep emotes up, and tried to seem... flighty. Don't know if it worked. Y'all started showing up a lot more closer to my deletion, so I don't feel so bad about the cabal presence dwindling with me (heh)

- Empire - Plenty of times, I'd log in and there were 5-8 Imperials on and no allies. Those were usually the times when I'd go off to explore places by myself. If I had the opportunity, I'd try to strike one of you, but I wasn't very effective at dishing out damage. Seems like Fortress has the dominating presence lately, but my time in CF had been dwindling over the last week, so that could just be skewed perception.

- Everyone else - A few goodies, a few baddies, I'd say hello, RP, be nice, whatever. I liked most everyone, enemies, allies, and fair-weather friends alike.

Post something and I'll post back.
101318, Enigma
Posted by Marcus_ on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Did you try using some offensive wands? Was it decently reliable? enigma wand warrior sounds like fun, but I recall hearing they fail like all the time.. that was like 8 years ago though, so not sure about my memory..
101341, RE: Enigma
Posted by Evyza on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Maybe it's an intelligence thing? I really didn't fail that often, and I tried against plenty of mobs and some against players. I think I had 3 or 4 charges on a particular strength maledict wand and didn't fail any of those.
101251, Awwww.
Posted by Angynn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I read the dios post this time Hehe.
I kinda liked this character until
she tried to kill me and the watcher...
*rofl* Just messing with you a little.
Have fun with your next.
101257, Holy crap that was embarrassing!
Posted by BaronMySoul on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
drop 1.
drop 1.
sac 1.
sac 1.

...and it lagged like I had cast it. No idea it would do that. I was lucky that the Captain and Marshall were nice because *I* would have kicked me out for that. However, that will make a very useful item for future characters.

I really liked Angynn, btw. He seemed very down-to-earth. I hope you stay with it because the character is definitely fun and brings a lot of great roleplay to the table.
101259, Hey thanks!
Posted by Angynn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really appreciate that.
Now for a little back to you:
The little touches like offering coffee etc... added something extra
even if you weren't chatting or anything keep it in mind for your next.