Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Taffer BoneCrusher the Loyal Claw of the Brigade
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=101108
101108, (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Taffer BoneCrusher the Loyal Claw of the Brigade
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Jul 20 12:38:48 2011

At 11 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 33rd of the Month of the Grand Struggle
on the Theran calendar Taffer perished, never to return.
Race:arial
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:303
101129, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Taffer BoneCrusher the Loy...
Posted by Nossie on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
What started out as a 'short' experiment on finding good legacies for an arial turned out to be much more fun than I expected. Right now, I just can't combine CF with my current life anymore: a new job and a nine-month old son will do that to you.
The 300 hours were all worth it, though. Soul of the Mountain and Cry of Thunder really go very well with the arial race, it really adds a ton to their survivability, but it'll probably be the last time I'll be picking maces for an arial: I knew from former experiments that daggers on arials are really cool, but you need something to seal the kill. Hence the choice the Cry of Thunder and maces. Drumming and cranialing doesn't seem to go well as an arial though. Oh well, I was still 'deadly' enough, as in self-reliant and making others flee from combat. Hurl, artery, twist and boneshatter... there's not many that could hold their weapons after that :) ...

As for the Fort, I played the loner. I very much like to play that way with all of my charaters actually; it makes things a bit slower, but pushes you to think creatively to survive. Raids were pretty much an exception to that, but for the rest, I just went for it on my own. I still need to learn to quaff those protections though. (last death I was carrying stoneskin, aura and protection, had an orb of travel, and I still died). I spend a lot of time on gathering them, only to walk around with them for like 50 hours and then use them because I am past the half-weight border. Oh well, live and learn. Thanks for the induction and maranization and title, whoever did that. As I was a loner I didn't make much 'friends'; but a very warm goodbye to all of you.

I'll probably be back some time, since well, I have been hooked on this game for the better part of 14 years. Perhaps I might start a thiefish uncaballed project, perhaps not, but right now I want to focus on more important things. We'll see.

Gorach (and many, many, many more :))
101138, You made warriors look like easy mode.
Posted by Murphy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I mean, I had a warrior with Soul lately, but it didn't feel "tough", not at all...

Dunno about the loner thing, you never seemed like you shunned company. Between you and Thwrerrorip I had explored all over the world. I even memorized the fact that Taffer was female :D

See you in the fields.

Faeshu
101124, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Taffer BoneCrusher the Loyal Claw of the Brigade
Posted by Sollin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

Your awesome!

I really loved running around with you, I was always excited when you logged on... You were a beast and all I ever saw from you was class!

Great job! Goodluck with whatever comes next!

Sollin :)
101130, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Taffer BoneCrusher the Loyal Claw of the Brigade
Yeah man, we had some GREAT times, I recall the words from a certain Lich along the lines of 'sometimes chance puts two people together in the game and they're just awesome together', that was us man, together with you, I could handle everything with ease; apart from the fighting, it was just FUN to run around with you.

Good luck on getting better, and who knows ... :)
101135, By the way
After you Immed I got maranated, that was your meddling up there, wasn't it? :)
101139, RE: By the way
Posted by Sollin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

Haha!

I can't claim credit for that... Although I was very quick to praise the decision to Maranate you! It was all you!

You play from Europe? I guess that makes a little more sense now, I am from Australia so the time zones cross a little better... I'm sure we've crossed paths many times before and not even realised!

Certainly looking fowards to seeing you back in the fields when I'm back on top of things...

Sollin
101113, Rough and tough!
Posted by Dryaven on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fighting you the couple times I did went like...

q aura
q shield
q stone skin
q protection
q fly
q enlarge
q desensitize

bash taffer

wave 700hp

flee
flee
flee

q teleport

101131, RE: Rough and tough!
I think I ran around with a pretty much balanced out set of clothes and weapons for 200 hours. 1350-1400hp, 1100mvs, -15 str and - 15 dex didn't not having any effect on me :). Soul and Cry as legacy combined with not going above 60% of my max weight made me survive most one-on-one attacks.

I'll see you around!
101112, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Taffer BoneCrusher the Loyal Claw of the Brigade
Posted by Angynn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Taffer was awesome, but that last raid-like thing well I really
was completely spent before we went in, nothing left for healing
the laying of hands, I BARELY got that out. Hehe. Luck with the
next whenever you head back.
101132, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Taffer BoneCrusher the Loyal Claw of the Brigade
We didn't interact all that much, but from the little we did together as you came into hero ranger, I really thought you have a fleshed out character going on there. Even though mine aren't all that fleshed out, I do very much enjoy and try to go with the rp-flow whenever chance presents itself. Keep on trucking man!
101110, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Taffer BoneCrusher the Loyal Claw of the Brigade
Posted by Rasay on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We fought once, after that fight I knew I'd never kill you. So while I didn't avoid you didn't actively hunt you either as I knew it would end up in my fleeing and you at most covered in bleeding wounds.
101109, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Taffer BoneCrusher the Loyal Claw of the Brigade
Posted by Sivyh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Taffer was rough. You were on my short list of "people who need to die". So, good on you.

My Taffer memory: before I was hero range, seeing you kill some nexus shifter that attacked you when you were at the Palace raiding or retrieving. I recall you being at convulsing (or so) and continuing to fight him, then killing him.
101134, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Taffer BoneCrusher the Loyal Claw of the Brigade
That was a crazy, crazy fight, really. I think I ended up around 30hp and bleeing. The extra mile I got out of Soul of the Mountain helped me win a lot of fights. All the arial warriors I've played in the past had Soul btw.
I didn't see much of you; I'm Belgian (->Europe :)), and most of the times when I log on, people start logging off :).
101137, Argh, one less player close to my timezone.
Posted by Murphy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well sorta close. Closer than most, anyway.
East Siberia = 12 hours from CF time.
I feel like I live on the edge of the world.