Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Zaolu the Dweller of the Wilds
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=101023
101023, (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Zaolu the Dweller of the Wilds
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Jul 16 06:29:08 2011

At 9 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 13th of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Zaolu perished, never to return.
Race:wood-elf
Class:ranger
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:222
101038, Meh
Posted by Zaolu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This character sorta died when Urtrekis went dormant. I mean I guess he was dormant for a long while, but I lost my impetus when I actually saw him on the dormant list. Ignorance is bliss.

So for the last 80? or so hours I was on autopilot. I had one thing left to do, get to hero so I could decide if it was worth whatever was next. Already half-done with the character of course I made it with like 6 or 7 trains left, about half of my limited gear apparently only stuff I was using (because it was always in) and a net negative desire to play. So I'd log on to delete, get in a fight, wind up rage deleting. Reactivate because while I didn't love the character it wasn't a rage-deleting situation. Then log in and the fetish is gone. Retrieve, delete, and it still shows up as a rage delete! Then this happened again. Then again.

How to know it's time to delete your ranger: you're getting fights (sometimes even in the wilderness!) and you're still bored.

Anyhoo. Thanks and props to the imms for this stupid, stupid game.

101039, I didn't watch you but!
Posted by Iunna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This seemed like a really well thought-out character and probably
deserved more than you got (unfortunately the huge downside to
following a dormant god). Sorry things didn't work out, but good
luck with your next!