Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Dusatoit Rahche the Master of Verse, Village Applicant
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=100977
100977, (DELETED) [None] Dusatoit Rahche the Master of Verse, Village Applicant
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Jul 14 11:35:55 2011

At 6 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 8th of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Dusatoit perished, never to return.
Race:arial
Class:bard
Level:37
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:56
101026, So can you post your role here, please? Seems to be an interesting read. n/t
Posted by aspi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
101027, That's what PBFs are for. n/t
Posted by Iunna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nmft
101029, Are you offering to buy it? =P n/t
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
gr
101034, I am too skint at the moment so I might post it on unofficials and then buy someone else a PBF in the summer to make up for it. The role would be the only bit worth seeing as I never accomplished anyt
Posted by Abernyte on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Nt
100997, Even having Harmonious Equilibrium could not spur me on to continue with this character.
Iunna/Padwei Thank you for appreciating the role and giving me the legacy. I wish I could stomach the dealings with the Leadership in the village to see Dusatoit through to hero where I know the legacy would have been brilliant. Spell evasion, when you don't see me, evade in the high 90's and Harmonious equilibrium coupled with skydance and wandering minstrel edges would have caused a few problems for village enemies, even if it was my first bard and had a lot to learn!

This was not to be due to a few things, some self-inflicted but the majority were not. Syther I saw once and I defended the village using only my martial skills and sent off lowbie attackers but that wasn't good enough for a chat. I have my self to blame for the 'Get two recommendations' then seek the commander because I started that #### when I lead as Abernyte and it has stuck around, much to my dismay when faced with very few people playing my times, which incidentaly was why I started it with Abernyte to help me speed up the process for American players who would stay up late/get up early to try and catch me online for induction.

I tried to make the role fluid and change as my interactions happened. I had a rough plan of where the character was going. It was either nexus or battle. The role evolvd as things happened to me in Thera and I ended up battle various events. I had ranked solo for a lot of the time or as a pair with someone. Arial bards are great for this and one time, the storm warrior I was with in the Maus asked if an elf mage could join us to help him rank. As I was still not destined for battle at this point I said yes and we ranked in the maus pretty well. The following week, my role dictated that I strike at a bombardier beetle who was killing the Mistress of the house in Galadon and his cloud warrior nexus buddy comes and sideswipes me and they kick my ass. This catalysed the decision to seek out the village and so I looked for a mage kill and applicant status. Low and behold the narrow minded numpties of CF complained to Flaaayin (the mage that got to 'tag along' in the maus) and he came and asked me about it. I was honest and up front and explained and he said he would watch me closely but I don't think I saw him again and so I felt a little 'out of it' and almost spurned because I wanted to RP a role and not be one of those cookie cutter villagers with the usual backstory. So I started to lose a little interest and messed about with some other characters and this was the slow death of Dusatoit. I would log on and practice some songs, often there would be no enemies to fight and so I would rank a bit and then get ganged down by outlanders for traveling with a dwarf and then I would lose faith so I recalled Dusatoit's faith and the hardships that must be overcome. Queue Thror!

Thror, I love you man, we go back a long time in CF terms but I got a ####ty dismissive vibe from you this time round when I sought you out in your shrine and it added to the loss of hope that was mounting up on this rager bard experiment. After the interaction I felt really harshly dealt with and confused for the most part. I think your dwarvish has evolved into something beyond Dundonian from back in the day. Never the less, I created the two works on despair and triumph but never heard anything from you after that so figured my initial hunch of being disregarded bubbled back to the surface. Another nail in the arial bard coffin.

This brings me to Malakhi - what a ####ty interaction. I was trying to convey the fact that I had not seen Syther about and had two recommendations from the two out of three villagers I saw about. One was a storm giant who recently hero'd and the other a dwarf warrior in the mid 30's but apparently the dwarves recommendation isn't good enough because 'he has not been tested in battle', which roughly translates to try and get another Hero's rec as a lowbie that you interact with doesn't mean ####. Then I am told to get the rec from a duergar rager thief I have never seen in my playing times, EVER, either due to him being hidden or just not being logged on. Ahh well, another nail hammered in.

So, I was sitting at work yesterday in a free hour and thought to myself that despite this character having recieved the most imm exp of any of mine recently and despite an awesome RC contest reward and my edge choices working well and the skills and songs coming along; I just could not cope with the Imms of battle towards him and the lack of any villagers about coupled with no mages to hunt (even if I would likely die, when at rank 37 and a big exp penalty means I occassionaly had an invoker with 8 ranks on me ready to pillar my feathery ass into oblivion). So I just dropped my equipment in the bard's guild and deleted.

Nothing worse than having a great idea that doesn't come off and I know it is partially my fault for messing about with alternate characters but I was bored when logged in, with nothing to do expect spam songs. That is not why I play CF, I play to interact and PK and have fun.

Sorry for the length. If you want to reply and say cheerio I will respond.

101006, I like this. Getting into a cabal should not be a chore. And Battle is no different. nt
Posted by dalneko on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry you had to delete though.
101007, RE: Even having Harmonious Equilibrium could not spur me on to continue with this character.
Posted by Malakhi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>This brings me to Malakhi - what a ####ty interaction. I was
>trying to convey the fact that I had not seen Syther about and
>had two recommendations from the two out of three villagers I
>saw about. One was a storm giant who recently hero'd and the
>other a dwarf warrior in the mid 30's but apparently the
>dwarves recommendation isn't good enough because 'he has not
>been tested in battle', which roughly translates to try and
>get another Hero's rec as a lowbie that you interact with
>doesn't mean ####. Then I am told to get the rec from a
>duergar rager thief I have never seen in my playing times,
>EVER, either due to him being hidden or just not being logged
>on. Ahh well, another nail hammered in.
>

Sorry. I misjudged the state of Battle and as a player and a lowly heroimm, in general I like for Imms and players to error on the side of letting the mortal leaders ... lead.
101020, Just to be clear
as I can sense a little defensiveness in your post. I understand the letting the mortals lead bit where possible but the interaction could have been much more solid and less dismissive, which was the tone I got. That was what made it a poor interaction. I know the pains of the Heroimm, I have been there twice and sympathize.
101008, RE: Even having Harmonious Equilibrium could not spur me on to continue with this character.
Posted by Jhagur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Beh love dems Bard!

But seriously, my first char back I wanted to do a ranger giant warrior, and sure I've done them a ton before, so I know generally how it goes.

I can not say like Aber that I did not see the Commander much, I have a tendancy to play at odd times, but what I can say is that the current presence of the village is dead, I had the same problem I'd log on a rager and when you are app for 70 hours or so everyone knows you a rager anyway. By the time I got inducted I was sitting on 14 con, with about 95% of the deaths I had would probably not have happened if I was a villager earlier. I then spent some time trying to level up, but its a ghost village, no one can join. When i first bumbed into Dus as an applicant I was overjoyed, but totally disheartened, cause here is a bard, writing songs and stuff, and generally being a tough nut, and he isnt in the village? To see that its a former Commander, dude from the Pillar makes you wonder, what you looking for a freaking miralce?

I agree that mortals should Lead Cabals, but if its been more than a week and the same guy is still an applicant, maybe looking into why that is the case, Maybe he hasnt done the leg work, spoken to this person or the next or what ever. Dus was months old, still this issue, even if he was a freaking MAGE he could of put in the RP in that time to have joined battle. When we are rping ragers, we are doing it all the time, if we are applicant we are probably doing it all the time.

I specifically didnt speak to Malakhi because I knew there were other guys who werent seeing the Commander as often as I was, and I was just being ignored. Sure maybe I wasnt super alpha elite team etc, but I was helping to retreive and being wanted and #### all the time. Yeah it worked, got me into the village, but when it takes you 20 mins to rest up, its epic fail. Also what gives with all the magic flags on Polearms. So yeah, theres some cool guys in the village Graggs, Ghurn, Syther, Judicial, The Other J assassin, and some younger guys, but I get the feeling they are part timers or have something more fun to do with their time. Malakhi regardless of whether you aid or help the process, you are shinning beacon of presence for applicants, so dont take it too tough.
101009, RE: Even having Harmonious Equilibrium could not spur me on to continue with this character.
Posted by Jhagur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Pleas ignore typos, i'm a rager, I cant spell see :)
101011, 56 hours isn't enough time to get a hut these days.
Posted by Running Buddy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I could tell you were well played.

Getting into a cabal used to take ~ a week or two.

Its taking me closer to a month these days.

You shouldn't have given up, punk.
101021, I think I died for you a couple of times, thanks to my Macho flaw
56 hours does seem few in General terms but 3-4 hrs a week I generally play, an hour to two at a sitting. That is a fair old time to feel like you haven't got anywhere.
101012, Thanks for rolling a villager when I was commander jerk.
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Seriously. All my bards deleted on me :( I would have inducted the #### out of an Abernyte bard.

Gryilious was the only one that stuck (to whit, I felt bad killing him Eljassir heh).
101022, If only you knew.....
I actually had a rank 24 svirf thief I was going to go battle with but I planned on being a trapper, just as Flaaayin's reputation soared and so I deleted so as not to appear like a copy. I was nearly part of your brigade.

I havnae had a rager for over 5 years I don't think. Everytime I have thought about it, I see some #### ragers running about and I delete and make a mage to kill some of them.

101013, RE: Even having Harmonious Equilibrium could not spur me on to continue with this character.
Posted by ORB on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
A shame, Battle is in #### condition and I'm sure some old skool Longtooth in it would have helped. I know what you mean though, my last few battle attempts the ####ing chore they've made it to get into battle makes me not want to bother.
101025, Bummer.
Posted by Iunna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really enjoyed the role as being something different than "mages
burned my village", and was hoping to see more of it in the future.
Battle is a tough place to be right now in terms of activity, but
hopefully there'll be an upswing soon.
101028, RE: Even having Harmonious Equilibrium could not spur me on to continue with this character.
Posted by Syther on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm truly sorry for your wait. I would login and see you at the bottom of the applicant list and think...man we must have different play times. I talked to another villager and they said you were jam up. I was going to induct you on sight. I got a new assignment at work and have been swamped lately. I'm typing even now from my cell phone. I've deleted and will explain more in my thread when it pops up. Again I'm truly sorry about this, we play the game for fun and not having the leader of your cabal not active is not fun.
101044, RE: Even having Harmonious Equilibrium could not spur me on to continue with this character.
Posted by HammerSong on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
What bad timing.

I sent you on a task, which you passed with flying colors. From that point forward, everytime I logged on I would look for you. I would search for the last time you were online and I would hope to run across you in the next login.

Seeing this frustrates me, moreso because I *know* you put in the work and you didn't get what was due.

It's a shame, and I take full responsibility for not being around enough to help hold this character accountable for greatness.

Best of luck with the next. Email me if you have any direct questions/concerns.
101045, RE: Even having Harmonious Equilibrium could not spur me on to continue with this character.
Posted by HammerSong on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
...and for what this is worth, I had no clue this was Abernyte until just now looking at the original poster.

Sonofa $%@^!.
101046, You're 0 for 2, bro! n/t
Posted by Warborf on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t